Knee board recommendations

Based on my extremely vast wealth of knowledge... I would recommend the Flyboys kneeboard. Through primary thus far, I have loved it. Tons of room to modify it to whatever your needs are.

• Like 1

I've amassed four or five different kneeboards since I started flying six years ago and none of them I really love. I realize that's not helpful, haha. Oh, although with the big collective head of the 60 you probably want a right-leg one if you don't already rock it.

Right now I'm using the one Napoleon linked above. It's my favorite so far, but I wish that little pocket was bigger. I think I want one too where the eyelets are on the right side so the pages flip over to the right and out of the way.

What can I say, I'm picky.

• Like 1

Im a 64 guy but I use the one at the link below. I prefer a simple design. Although I would like to try a bi-fold or tri-fold one just to see if I might like it.

http://www.flyboys.com/fb1316.html

"But napoleonpp, which color do I get? I want to be body conscious and make sure I get one that matches which uniform pattern I wear for the day (ACU, Multicam, or Scorpion)."

• Like 1

I'm a 64 guy, but in primary I bought the small trifold from the hanger. Works great for primary. Pockets and everything are big enough for your E6B and a puke bag and whatever else you need.

I've used it thus far and it still works but for the 64, almost all I need in loaded into the aircraft already using AMPS so right now my awesome trifold is only being used for a pencil and a notepad. Everything else is in my battle book on the dash or my checklist on the other knee.

I might get a simpler one for my next purchase. I do like being able to Velcro it completely closed and not worry about stuff falling out.

And Lindsey is correct, right knee is a must.

Edited by Yamer
  • Like 1

"But napoleonpp, which color do I get? I want to be body conscious and make sure I get one that matches which uniform pattern I wear for the day (ACU, Multicam, or Scorpion)."

Gotta get that multicam one, never know when you will have to E&E with your kneeboard

Good thing I didn't toss my ACU PCs then... haha.

Alright, probably a dumb question, but I'm going to fall back on the fact that I'm still a civilian. What uniforms get issued at Rucker? I know I'll be getting issued the new multicam (is OCPs the official name for that) uniforms at BCT. I didn't know we would get issued anything new at Rucker.

Alright, probably a dumb question, but I'm going to fall back on the fact that I'm still a civilian. What uniforms get issued at Rucker? I know I'll be getting issued the new multicam (is OCPs the official name for that) uniforms at BCT. I didn't know we would get issued anything new at Rucker.

Correct me if I'm wrong (still in Kuwait) but the only new uniforms you should get at Rucker are the A2CUs, correct? MuffinMan, the A2CUs are the flight version of the regular uniform.

Correct me if I'm wrong (still in Kuwait) but the only new uniforms you should get at Rucker are the A2CUs, correct? MuffinMan, the A2CUs are the flight version of the regular uniform.

Ok, that would make sense. Are these issued like the ones at BCT are? Or should I be expecting to shell out a few hundred for them? and I guess from the few posts above they're still doing the ACU pattern and not the multicam ones. Is there an expected timeline for getting the new ones? (doesn't make a bunch of difference either way, just more curious than anything)

Ok, that would make sense. Are these issued like the ones at BCT are? Or should I be expecting to shell out a few hundred for them? and I guess from the few posts above they're still doing the ACU pattern and not the multicam ones. Is there an expected timeline for getting the new ones? (doesn't make a bunch of difference either way, just more curious than anything)

Should be issued. And who knows as far as timeline goes man. I have so many different uniforms between ACUs vs. FRACUs and UCP vs. OCP vs. Scorpion that it's just whatever at this point.

• Like 1

Should be issued. And who knows as far as timeline goes man. I have so many different uniforms between ACUs vs. FRACUs and UCP vs. OCP vs. Scorpion that it's just whatever at this point.

Still got another 3.5 years before the transition is over. 30 September 2019 is the official wear out date for Universal Camouflage Patern. CIF should be issuing Operstional Camouflage Patern now.

Then again, depends on the unit. Mandatory possession of OCP ACU isn't until 1 October 2019.

http://www.army.mil/e2/c/downloads/396739.pdf

So, this doesn't apply to me, but I'm curious.. If people going through basic now are issued OCP or Scorpion or whatever, then they come to Rucker and get A2CUs, where are they supposed to get the ACU PC? Is the Army just expecting you to go fine one at a surplus or craigslist or something?

So, this doesn't apply to me, but I'm curious.. If people going through basic now are issued OCP or Scorpion or whatever, then they come to Rucker and get A2CUs, where are they supposed to get the ACU PC? Is the Army just expecting you to go fine one at a surplus or craigslist or something?

I hear Bookoo is the place to shop. Haha.

• Like 1

Or you can do what one of my LTs apparently did. Never deployed so just bought multi-cam flight uniforms on eBay.

Hahaha. I'd rather not spend money if I'm just going to get it later on down the road.