USAF street to seat?

Sorry, am I reading this correctly? I'm in need of caffeine but I read this as the USAF is taking people to from basic training to Rucker to fly?

http://www.rucker.army.mil/pao/armyflier/2016/04/07/23rd_fts_graduates_1st_class_of_non_prior_service_students/?utm_content=buffer53a84&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

From what I understand this is their fundamentals course for their Special Missions Aviators, which is a fancy word for gunners and special operations crew members in the Air Force. These guys preflight, weight and balance, and a host of other things. So basically they are just going through initial training before they move on to their specific airframe.

AFSOC used to require prior flight experience, with some units requiring you to at least have your instructor tab in your respective career field. However lately they have been drawing from initial entry. Take some 18 year old kid and ship him to a special operations CV-22 mission straight out of basic training, or for the HH-60 mission, and the chance of failing is astronomical. At least now they are getting initial flight experience and experience working with air-crews before they are dropped into fast paced training.

So it's basically just a crew chief course from the sound of it. I can't believe the CV-22 has a 50% attrition rate for crew chiefs, that sounds crazy. I can't imagine learning how to crew in a simulator before on the bird

Pretty much. The CV-22 is astonishingly expensive and complex, so more sim time and less flying time couples with a high washout rate. Personally, I think it should have been more of a display of technology than an actual operational aircraft, though I have heard strong arguments supporting why it was needed.