July 2016 Selection Board

Lol omg. This again?? I already said what my score was. I don't want to discuss it but it was NOT low.

That being said, I am all about these Pokemon. And if there was one person that was designated to both fly rotorcraft and catch Pokémon at the same time it would be me!

In fact, the reason I want an ah64, so I could just designate the guy up front. To handle my Pokémon go account. I'll take care of the flying and the guns. The guy upfront will handle Pokémon go for me.

How's that for a plan you guys?

Well the CPG (co pilot gunner) or guy up front controls the gun soo nooo.

• Like 1

Here were my final stats

Afqt/Gt: 99/142

Sift: 75

Apft: 295

Bachelor degree: economics (low gpa though, 2.4, f*cked off my first 2 years before getting it together)

Lor: 2 former bosses, martial arts coach (2012 Olympic Taekwondo coach), retired Col, CW5 national guard, CW5

LASIK

Recruiter said I wasn't competitive enough, didn't have good enough recommendation letters.

Looks like for me, I'm gonna go enlisted then try again in a few months. I'll look into taking some private flight hours too

Here were my final stats

Afqt/Gt: 99/142

Sift: 75

Apft: 295

Bachelor degree: economics (low gpa though, 2.4, f*cked off my first 2 years before getting it together)

Lor: 2 former bosses, martial arts coach (2012 Olympic Taekwondo coach), retired Col, CW5 national guard, CW5

LASIK

Recruiter said I wasn't competitive enough, didn't have good enough recommendation letters.

Looks like for me, I'm gonna go enlisted then try again in a few months. I'll look into taking some private flight hours too

Wow, your numbers seem super competitive to me, and two CW5 LORs? Not sure what the recruiter's talking about... Unless the CW5 LORs weren't stellar. I had a LOR that was good but not amazing from a CW5 so I left it out of my packet. In all fairness, the guy didn't know me very well, so even putting one together at all was kind of a favor to me. Regardless, good luck with your next path toward the goal!

Do civilian selections come out all at once or is it a one by one situation? I've seen before where they've stated ## out of ## selected but I don't know if they were pieced together or disseminated all at once.

• Like 1

If I go 15y, will my wife be able to move with me while I'm at AIT? And when? Its a 22 week long AIT, and I understand that an AIT that long will allow your spouse to go with you. Can she move in as soon as I start AIT?

No. Your wife will have to live on her own until completion of AIT. 15R <<

I'm pretty sure Luofy is right. I've never heard of an accompanied AIT. That would be a good question to ask your recruiter though. Just because I have never heard it, doesn't mean it isn't true.