July 2016 Selection Board

20 weeks is the cut off, so by the regs yes you will be able to move your family. That being said you will be in training, long hours studying and your first duty station will most likely not be your training station so your family will have to move and then turn around and move again in less than 6 months. All things to consider. I have the navy reg on it but I am having a hard time finding the army one. However I trust it is the same because several other army forums seem to confirm that. Best of luck Steve0

EDIT: AR614-200 4-5 is the Army regulation

Something similar happened to me on the March board. My recruiter didn't submit my entire flight physical so as a result my packet got kicked back. He then told me that I wasn't accepted on the board then pushed me to enlist. If I hadn't been looking at this forum for as long as I have been I might have considered it, but I asked him to show me the list of accepted AND denied candidates which my name didn't appear on either. All candidates that have submitted a full and complete packet for review will be on one of those two lists. My recruiter apologized to me because of the mistake he made in not submitting my packet.... Needless to say I was a little pissed off. Hopefully this isn't the case for you Steve. The results of the board were posted at my battalion, southern California, the Tuesday immediately following the close of the board. Good Luck to all the other candidates, I wish you the best of luck.

Something similar happened to me on the March board. My recruiter didn't submit my entire flight physical so as a result my packet got kicked back. He then told me that I wasn't accepted on the board then pushed me to enlist. If I hadn't been looking at this forum for as long as I have been I might have considered it, but I asked him to show me the list of accepted AND denied candidates which my name didn't appear on either. All candidates that have submitted a full and complete packet for review will be on one of those two lists. My recruiter apologized to me because of the mistake he made in not submitting my packet.... Needless to say I was a little pissed off. Hopefully this isn't the case for you Steve. The results of the board were posted at my battalion, southern California, the Tuesday immediately following the close of the board. Good Luck to all the other candidates, I wish you the best of luck.

Aw man I feel bad for you. That is such bullshit. Thank you for posting this I'm sure it will help someone in the future. Perhaps the same thing happened to Stevo... Because nobody could know that soon

• Like 1

Aw man I feel bad for you. That is such bullshit. Thank you for posting this I'm sure it will help someone in the future. Perhaps the same thing happened to Stevo... Because nobody could know that soon

Right? I would definitely want some solid confirmation. I hope your recruiter didn't try and pull something over on you.

Yeah, not sure how my recruiter had my results on the morning of the first day of the board. I would assume going through dozens of applicants would take at least until lunch time. Unless they look at some of the packets before the official board and decide ahead of time. I'm still hoping there was a miscommunication on my recruiters part, but I'm not counting on it.

Yeah, not sure how my recruiter had my results on the morning of the first day of the board. I would assume going through dozens of applicants would take at least until lunch time. Unless they look at some of the packets before the official board and decide ahead of time. I'm still hoping there was a miscommunication on my recruiters part, but I'm not counting on it.

Something doesnt add up to be honest. Ask to see the list. Quickest I've seen it released was 2 days after the board convened.

There are a lot of active/recruiter who will have access to the list. I would ask one of them to help you out and look if your name is on either of the lists.

Even if they did do an initial run through all the packets to sift out those that clearly aren't even close to being competitive, they wouldn't have sifted out yours! Your numbers and LORs are super competitive! I have a bad feeling about this. I think your recruiter is trying to pull one over on you. The MILPERS with the board results won't be out for another week or so tho, so right now he'll have nothing to show you. Next week you'll be able to find out for sure. If we're all correct and he's trying to pull one over on you to boost his enlistment numbers, I'd given him a verbal hammering for the ages, because what he did is incredibly unethical.

• Like 2

Talked to my recruiter, he said he got word I wasn't selected from one of the officers at the local battalion board who was in contact with the board.

Might be a rough month. They said my 295 pt wasn't good enough

Bull. This guys totally full of it. I'd check those two lists when they come out next week.

Well I hope that isn't true. If they only look at people with 300s they are going to miss out on a lot of good applicants that might have just gotten a bad test day. I was running 1300 min 2 miles in Germany but I moved back to Colorado and I am killing myself to run 1400 at altitude. I can see them looking at pt to see dedication but I would hope most of the board would look at the whole packet. If I were you I would still wait for the actual list to come out before enlisting.

• Like 1

I'm highly apprehensive of your recruiter. Keep your mind open and your options available. If anything, make sure you obtain your entire packet from them and take it to another recruiting battalion completely and re submit. This guy seems to be tricking you in to enlisting. Don't do it unless that's really what you want to do.

There's NO WAY they've released ANY of the results the first day the board convenes. Check the lists when they come out. If your name is on the NONSELECT list then you'll know at least they submitted it. If you're not on any list then there's some serious questions I'd be asking. And I might even take in someone of rank (maybe an LOR writer) with me to the office to meet with the commander there.

• Like 2

Talked to my recruiter, he said he got word I wasn't selected from one of the officers at the local battalion board who was in contact with the board.

I can damn near guarantee your recruiter is BS'ing you

• Like 1

That's a joke, there's a reason 300 is a perfect score, dropping five points is nothing. No one expects the majority of applicants; civilian, active or reserve to be running perfect PFTs. Your recruiter is full of it. I would ask for my packet back and go to another station, like yesterday. Good luck.

Sounds like pure, unadulterated BS

I already know my packet is in there, I was fq-ns in March, so it should be automatically put in with July. Only thing I did was update my PT score fro 290 to 295 and update my recommendation letters with the pilots, and I'm pretty sure all that got sent in.

Might be a combination of my college transcripts and overall resume. I completely blew off my first year of college. Plus I moved overseas as soon as I graduated, and have never held a job in the US. The battalion board officers mentioned they didn't like the fact that I haven't been living here and have never had to pay taxes to the US government.

Sucks if I miss out on getting selected because I missed a college algebra final back in 2004. If you read just page 1 of my transcript you would think I suck at math. But if you just flip my transcript over to page 3, you can see the A I got in Calculus, Statistics, and Econometrics!

• Like 1