July 2016 Selection Board

Lot of conspiracy theorists on here. Can't really fault my recruiter, hes gotten everything done he needs to get done so far. I guess he could have gotten some things done sooner and gotten me in on one of the earlier boards that had over 90% selection, but that was my fault too because I was still fat last summer and couldn't finish a 2 mile run. He didn't get the ball rolling until I could get a competitive PT score in, and I didn't put in a decent run until like October

Lot of conspiracy theorists on here. Can't really fault my recruiter, hes gotten everything done he needs to get done so far. I guess he could have gotten some things done sooner and gotten me in on one of the earlier boards that had over 90% selection, but that was my fault too because I was still fat last summer and couldn't finish a 2 mile run. He didn't get the ball rolling until I could get a competitive PT score in, and I didn't put in a decent run until like October

I give you a lot of credit for owning it. If you enlist, work hard, and do great things, you certainly won't be worse off. Just keep your heart where it needs to be. Persistence pays off.

The civilian list is out I just got the call from my receuiter. FQ-S

Congratulations. That's so awesome! I'm hoping to hear today or tomorrow!

...My recruiter just called.... I don't know how. I don't know why. But I got selected!!! Praise God from whom all blessings flow! The excitement is incredible, right now!

Congrats! You too squid!

Got the call about an hour ago...Selected! Its been about a two year process for me so stick with it folks and don't get discouraged. Stats below for reference

GT: 133

SIFT: 69

APFT: 289

Civilian Ed: Mechanical Engineering Degree, GPA 2.96

Waivers: Medical (ACL surgery) Moral (being an idiot in college)

Bn Board: Never received score but was told I did "very well"

Flight Time: None

LORs: National Guard CW4 (aviator), 19th Special Forces Group Captain, Army Colonel (ret), Air Force Reserve Captain (ret, also internship boss for a while)

• Like 7

What's the time if you go twice non selected? Was it 6 months or a year before you can apply again?

You have to wait one year from the date on your DA Form 61 (Application for Appointment) You should of had to sign it before your first board appearance. You can always apply for an ETP but usually is only granted if something significantly changes in your packet.