July 2016 Selection Board

Does anyone know when the last possible day to swear in would be for a civilian? I just left meps without being able to finish due to a conditional release extension and I'm afraid I'm pushing he envelope with the time. Are extensions allowed?

Does anyone know when the last possible day to swear in would be for a civilian? I just left meps without being able to finish due to a conditional release extension and I'm afraid I'm pushing he envelope with the time. Are extensions allowed?

I'm swearing in September 28th. I went to MEPS July 26th but only signed the statement of understanding and course reservation. I'm in the Army reserve and they won't release me to Active Duty until my ship date.

Yeah I went today and tried to at least get a class/ ship date but they said since my conditional release was about to expire they couldn't go any further. I'm just wondering is the 10 day window expires from the day the board close out (22nd) or the day I found out (20th) and if the 10 days spans over 10 calendar days or 10 business days...

I swore in and got my reservation yesterday and ship December 27th to Ft Jackson. March 17th for WOCS. I was really expecting late September to Sill but definitely didn't expect a ship date 5 months after selection.

The September basic probably just filled up. That sucks.

• Like 1

I swore in and got my reservation yesterday and ship December 27th to Ft Jackson. March 17th for WOCS. I was really expecting late September to Sill but definitely didn't expect a ship date 5 months after selection.

civilian applicant?

• Like 1

WOCS, Dunker(1 Day), WOBC(3 weeks), SERE(3 weeks), Common Core(20 weeks), Selection

It starts when you gets your WOCS date. Expect a few bubbles between each phase.

What is a bubble? you just sit around and wait to get shipped off?

What is a bubble? you just sit around and wait to get shipped off?

A Bubble is the waiting time between each portion of training. Most likely you will be sent to honors detachment for funeral detail if its more than a week. Last year some of us had 6 months between WOCS and WOBC.

A Bubble is the waiting time between each portion of training. Most likely you will be sent to honors detachment for funeral detail if its more than a week. Last year some of us had 6 months between WOCS and WOBC.

What is honors detachment and funeral details? lol

Yes

I'll likely end up with you. My recruiter says I may have to go to MEPS next week now. If I elapse the contract signing/ accession window I may be pushed even further back.

WOCS, Dunker(1 Day), WOBC(3 weeks), SERE(3 weeks), Common Core(20 weeks), Selection

It starts when you gets your WOCS date. Expect a few bubbles between each phase.

Only thing I would suggest is request Fort Bragg SERE if you can