July 2016 Selection Board

Yeah I was completely surprised that I was denied. Likely since the downgrade of the Army they of course don't have the pilot requirements that they used to. So first thing they may be doing is first denying those with waivers. Though I believe I have a strong packet so it's hard to see the sense in it.

I don't have my license, should have, but ran out of money. That definitely would have helped.

Well good luck guys! I'm now out if the running. I just got the unfortunate call that my waiver was denied. What's your opinions another military branch to apply for their pilot programs?

Just a little bit of insight, look into the issues that Marines are having with air craft not being able to fly, based on that alone I would say that there will probably be some cutbacks on how much flight time you may get. I may be completely wrong, but I have been reading a lot about how there are no parts to repair and keep birds in the air.

The competitiveness of the program is also there, so try to get into the process sooner than later.

OCS is highly competitive in physical fitness standards, You should be running at LEAST a 285 BEFORE going. (20 pull ups, 100 cunches, 20:30 Three mile)

• Like 1

Just a little bit of insight, look into the issues that Marines are having with air craft not being able to fly, based on that alone I would say that there will probably be some cutbacks on how much flight time you may get. I may be completely wrong, but I have been reading a lot about how there are no parts to repair and keep birds in the air.

The competitiveness of the program is also there, so try to get into the process sooner than later.

OCS is highly competitive in physical fitness standards, You should be running at LEAST a 285 BEFORE going. (20 pull ups, 100 cunches, 20:30 Three mile)

You have a very good point and something I considered also when looking at the options I have now. The physical part actually I think wouldn't be a big hurdle for me since I'm a prior college track athlete. My score was after only 2 weeks of trying to get into shape to make the board. So with this time now I should have no problem in getting perfect fitness standards.

So I actually prefer Marines over Navy but yes for the reasons you stated I'll go for the Navy first.

So I am curious, I am a civilian now,and i was prior service in the Marines. Are they going to want to see my enlisted military service record? So if I had Article 15s on my record will they want me to submit moral waivers for those?

You have a very good point and something I considered also when looking at the options I have now. The physical part actually I think wouldn't be a big hurdle for me since I'm a prior college track athlete. My score was after only 2 weeks of trying to get into shape to make the board. So with this time now I should have no problem in getting perfect fitness standards.

So I actually prefer Marines over Navy but yes for the reasons you stated I'll go for the Navy first.

A lot of applicants are also college athletes so you're already there in that aspect lol

I know the May board hasn't happened yet. I'm sure there's plenty of you who are waiting for the July board. So here goes nothing!

Post your stats. Here's mine:

GT: 118

SIFT: 78

APFT: 274

Military: E-6, 7 years in reserves, one deployment, WLC, currently attending ALC.

Education: 50 credits, automotive technology, 3.5 gpa.

LOR: CW5 47 driver, Battalion CSM, Company Commander, Platoon Sergeant, Civilian Employer Vice President, Former manager.

Physical: stamped, no waiver

Battalion Board: scheduled 8 June.

When I posted in the May thread, I thought I only had 39 credits for what ever reason. Turns out I gained 11 when I went and got an updated transcript.

What board are you putting in for? just curious?

Hey all, I've been trying to get in on this board since January but I'm not giving up! Here are my stats...judging by the competition from January to now it's looking a lot more competitive!

Attempt: First
SIFT: 66
APFT: 295

Military Experience: 6 years, all in USMC Reserve. One Deployment.
Civilian Education: BS in Political Science
Flight Physical: Done, Stamped, uploaded
LOR: O-4 (aviator), CW4 (aviator), CW4, (aviator), O-3 (Friend), CW5 (previous CO), Lawyer- personal friend.
Bn Board: Standing by (been waiting for a Bn board since February!)
Flight Time: none...bad thing?

Applying as a civilian.

I took the APFT in January, do I need to retake it to be eligible for the July board?

As always, good luck!

Hey all, I've been trying to get in on this board since January but I'm not giving up! Here are my stats...judging by the competition from January to now it's looking a lot more competitive!

LOR: O-4 (aviator), CW4 (aviator), CW4, (aviator), O-3 (Friend), CW5 (previous CO), Lawyer- personal friend.

Applying as a civilian.

I took the APFT in January, do I need to retake it to be eligible for the July board?

As always, good luck!

Stats look great man! Only two months to go!

Applying as a civilian.

As always, good luck!

6 months from date board convenes. So if it was end of January you should be good

6 months from date board convenes. So if it was end of January you should be good

Gotcha. I'll double check my dates and verify I'm good. I may just retake it this month to be safe.

Thanks for the help!

Applying as a civilian.

As always, good luck!

No flight time is not a problem

• Like 1

Tell that to the recruiters. According to them, not only do you need a pilots license, you need to supply your own helicopter to make the cut

😂 They actually want you to pay for your flight training.

Imagine if someone walked into the recruiters office asking to go to tank driving school

"How many tank hours do you have?"

"Um. . . none I guess, but I used to drive my dads old Chevy"

"Thats not good. Have you looked into getting your private tank license? After you enlist you can check out nearby tank-ports and get some tank hours under your belt. I'm not sure what your financial situation is like, but you can get some tank classes for like $2000."

"Can I just put in my packet and see how it goes?"

"We have only processed one Tank school application that passed, and that guy had his own tank and had a tank license and everything. It's gonna be tough if not impossible to get in without having at least a few hundred tank hours."

"Ill still put in my packet"

"Im telling you, if you enlist, as soon as you get to your station, enroll in some private tank classes and put that packet in, you will be picked up just like that!"

"... ok"

• Like 2

SIFT: 65

APFT: 292

Military Experience: 38B (Civil Affairs) E-6 with 9 years, 4 Deployments. All NCOES complete to include SLC, SERE-C, SERE-245, Battle Staff, Language qualified 1/1

Civilian Education: AS in General Education with 85 Credits towards Bachelors in Strategic Studies Defense Analysis.

Flight Physical: Done

LOR: CO (MAJ), BN CDR (COL), CW5

• Like 1

I think where the big disconnect for recruiters is they do not know enough about the civilian selection board. Whatever they know about WOFT is probably from seeing their friends apply and knowing that the active side can be very competitive. I know it is frustrating having to deal with lazy recruiters or ones that are not familiar with the process. I would just move on until you find one that is knowledgable or willing to work with you. There should some sort of training during the recruiter course about WOFT, but there isn't. Just my .02

• Like 1

I just got to ride on a Missouri NG Blackhawk yesterday. We were flying super low, in and out of valleys. By far the coolest thing I've done in the Army.

Now I'm even more anxious for this board. Battalion interview on June 8 and two months till July board.

It's all I can think about now!

• Like 1

I just got to ride on a Missouri NG Blackhawk yesterday. We were flying super low, in and out of valleys. By far the coolest thing I've done in the Army.

Now I'm even more anxious for this board. Battalion interview on June 8 and two months till July board.

It's all I can think about now!

I've been working and flying on helicopters for 6 years. At this point I'm losing interest in the maintenance side because I want to fly so badly.

• Like 1

I've been working and flying on helicopters for 6 years. At this point I'm losing interest in the maintenance side because I want to fly so badly.

I feel you there man. I am struggling trying to stay motivated with engineer things.

And I think I'm anxious. I don't know what I'll do the weekend after the board. You must be struggling not to think about it.

I feel you there man. I am struggling trying to stay motivated with engineer things.

And I think I'm anxious. I don't know what I'll do the weekend after the board. You must be struggling not to think about it.

Na I'm playing call of duty and battlefield today and have a tattoo appointment tomorrow from 2-7pm. Getting my sleeve worked on so my weekend is pretty much flying by.

• Like 2