July 2016 Selection Board

Sounds f*cking awesome. Thank you. Will do

Just a tip, don't try and find out info about what SERE is like before you go, it changes up a bit for each class. It's best to go into it with no preconceived idea of what it will be like. Just know that it will have some great training along with some dark moments.

• Like 1

Just a tip, don't try and find out info about what SERE is like before you go, it changes up a bit for each class. It's best to go into it with no preconceived idea of what it will be like. Just know that it will have some great training along with some dark moments.

Thumbs up. Thank you, I will keep this in mind.

Blah so much for "interservice transfer" they gave me a WOCS date of March 17th 2017!?! I'm happy to have a slot but I EAS in September and will have a five month break in service, it's not what I was expecting. Oh well it's all about the adventure. Time to take advantage of a few months and prepare for WOCS. Did anyone else get a date that's a few months away?

I swore in and got my reservation yesterday and ship December 27th to Ft Jackson. March 17th for WOCS. I was really expecting late September to Sill but definitely didn't expect a ship date 5 months after selection.

Thankfully I don't have to do Basic. But I will be right there with you for WOCS. See you in March!

Blah so much for "interservice transfer" they gave me a WOCS date of March 17th 2017!?! I'm happy to have a slot but I EAS in September and will have a five month break in service, it's not what I was expecting. Oh well it's all about the adventure. Time to take advantage of a few months and prepare for WOCS. Did anyone else get a date that's a few months away?

Not coming from prior service but I start wocs Jan 5th. Looks like you will be the class after. What service branch are you coming from? Also do you know how many people are in any given wocs class?

Not coming from prior service but I start wocs Jan 5th. Looks like you will be the class after. What service branch are you coming from? Also do you know how many people are in any given wocs class?

I'm coming from the Marine Corps. I'm not sure how many slots they have for each class. It does seem like March will be the next class after yours. On the bright side, I won't miss football season. Lol.

A WOCS class starts every other week. Obviously out submitted your package without the required 12 months remaining on contract. Cal HRC, see if they can get you an earlier date. Cause technically you are supposed to EAS one day and enlist in the Army the next day.

• Like 1

A WOCS class starts every other week. Obviously out submitted your package without the required 12 months remaining on contract. Cal HRC, see if they can get you an earlier date. Cause technically you are supposed to EAS one day and enlist in the Army the next day.

I'll give them a call. How soon were you shipped out when you were selected? I asked the guy at MEPS about the one day break in service rule and he said I was being accessed as a prior service applicant because I had less than a year on contract. Thats why I was on the civilian board and not active duty. The only other thing he told me is that I'll have to renew my conditional release with the IRR instead of HQMC or I won't ship. I didn't know they had a WOCS class pick up every other week, good information. Do you know how many seats in each class?

• Like 1

I'll give them a call. How soon were you shipped out when you were selected? I asked the guy at MEPS about the one day break in service rule and he said I was being accessed as a prior service applicant because I had less than a year on contract. Thats why I was on the civilian board and not active duty. The only other thing he told me is that I'll have to renew my conditional release with the IRR instead of HQMC or I won't ship. I didn't know they had a WOCS class pick up every other week, good information. Do you know how many seats in each class?

According to the ATRRS course list the class max occupancy load Is like 55 candidates. I'm in the same boat as you wth my conditional release. Send me a message if you need a direct contact with someone at HQMC or MARFORRES IRR. I'm going back to meps on Thursday because of the delays with the same issue.

• Like 1

Definitely upwards of 55. If you were selected on the civilian board, that's not an inter service transfer. You will EAS, do some time in the IRR, make sure you get your DD-368 updated. Then you'll ship when they are ready for you.

I was selected in Jan 2015, my original orders were for June, however HRC was kind enough to delay them until Sept so my kid could be born in NC.

• Like 1

Definitely upwards of 55. If you were selected on the civilian board, that's not an inter service transfer. You will EAS, do some time in the IRR, make sure you get your DD-368 updated. Then you'll ship when they are ready for you.

I was selected in Jan 2015, my original orders were for June, however HRC was kind enough to delay them until Sept so my kid could be born in NC.

Agreed. It was a misunderstanding on my part, that's why I was surprised with the dates at MEPS. I'll be sure to square away everything.

I got my shipping information today and it looks like I'll be heading to Rucker on September 28th with a course start date of October 13. See you guys there!

• Like 1

I got my shipping information today and it looks like I'll be heading to Rucker on September 28th with a course start date of October 13. See you guys there!

See you there!

• Like 1

SAME!, just been killing time by working on my PT, don't really know what else to do till then. Congrats on selection!

• Like 2

Insights_STG I know you're going to basic first, but when is your ship date. Think Ive only seen two other people with the same ship date as me on this forum...I plan on shouting everyones username out loud until they acknowledge me.

Insights_STG I know you're going to basic first, but when is your ship date. Think Ive only seen two other people with the same ship date as me on this forum...I plan on shouting everyones username out loud until they acknowledge me.

My ship date is September 26th, good sir..

I too was confused seeing the other dates that were being posted.

I know Dmurray is way different.. Perhaps its because he has been through basic before?