SEPT 2016 WOFT SELECTION BOARD

Wanted to wish you all good luck on this WOFT board, I am 18 years old looking around all these selection boards from the past years and into this current board. Thinking about applying for WOFT one day after I complete my degree in biblical studies because I have an itch for aviation that needs to be scratched at some point in my life and it seems WOFT guys do too. I wish you all the best!

SPC
GT: 133
SIFT 66
30 college credits towards BS
GPA- 3.4
120 Hrs serving as a door gunner in Afg
LORs- My Company and Battalion Commanders, Retired Congressman from my state, CW5 Natl Guard flyer, and a CW4 I flew with.
APFT- 292

Waiver - PRK

One of the NCOs from the board called me today asking why there was a 2 on my ERB concerning the medical readiness for my eyes, but then spotted my medical waiver paperwork stating that they're good. Hopefully I'll get some news soon on my board results!

• Like 1

I have 7 days to swear in!! Woo Hooo.

Never give up guys. I had a 44 sift score, 116 gt score, But I think my letters of rec really helped!

So excited.

You are making me feel good about my chances now, 113 GT with a 41 SIFT. However I am hoping my NCO experience + 1059's, NCOER's, LOR's, and my degree make up for those two categories. Thank you for posting that you made it with that score, its very encouraging for others like you.

So i would assume no earlier than next week then..darn. Puts alot of stock in the assumption that civilians take precedence

It's also a lot easier to release a list when there were only a handful (20-30 typically) of civilian applicants compared to well over 100 AD applications.. my civilian board only has 23 apply and 20 seelcted

• Like 1

Officially SELECTED!! Just got off the phone with the Colonel. Feelsgoodman. Can't go to the meps until next wednesday.

I think the January WOCS class filled up. The last couple guys of the July board got a Dec ship date to catch the next WOCS class in March. Just hope wednesday isn't too late to catch that one. I don't mind waiting for December. I got a kid coming next month.

• Like 2