SEPT 2016 WOFT SELECTION BOARD

Selected from active duty with a 258.

I had a lot of 1059s that showed honor graduate and commandant's list and NCOERs that showed a relentless improvement from mediocre NCO to awesome in 6-ish years. I think that carried a lot of weight.

I got a moral wavier for underage drinking 10 years ago, before I joined the Army if anyone has any questions.

Congrats on the selection. It's been a couple years since I lurked around this forum. After my moral waiver was not accepted days before the board convened I was instructed to wait a full year before reapplying. I'm hoping to assemble a new package and resubmit. Fingers crossed I can get it in before I require any additional waivers. (Age and AFS).

I'm swearing in on Wednesday and was curious about the contract from the civilian side.

Under what circumstances is it possible to get "involuntarily reclassed" to an enlistment tour of duty? Is that something that can be negotiated?

Say if I get hurt or something in basic and it is enough fail a flight physical but not enough to discharge me?

Or if I get through WOCS but something goes wrong in flight school? do I reclass as a warrant?

I plan on asking all of this when I go into sign but it would be nice to get some heads up.

Good afternoon all,

I'm a prior service member of ten years (civilian now as far as applying to WOFT). I got out of the Marine Corps in 2011 as a E-6 SSgt. I'm considering reenlisting and have been made aware of this fine opportunity to be a pilot aviator for the Army. I have a BS in electrical engineering technology from Purdue University and I'm currently enrolled to pursue another BS in Electrical Engineering form Clemson University. I just begun my research of the whole application process and wanted some questions answered if possible. First my biggest hurled that I see is that I'm 34 years old. Does anyone know of an age waivers actually getting approved? I mean I'm physically fit and am confident I will be in the 260 + APFT range. Second, I'm interested in the Army reserves or Guard for my duty, since I have a great engineering position here in Illinois. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

I'm swearing in on Wednesday and was curious about the contract from the civilian side.

Under what circumstances is it possible to get "involuntarily reclassed" to an enlistment tour of duty? Is that something that can be negotiated?

Say if I get hurt or something in basic and it is enough fail a flight physical but not enough to discharge me?

Or if I get through WOCS but something goes wrong in flight school? do I reclass as a warrant?

I plan on asking all of this when I go into sign but it would be nice to get some heads up.

Lately, I havent seen anyone get a reclass, save one or two people who came from very technical MOS'. They are just putting people out of the Army. Reclass is possible, but not probable. What they tell us is that they put in the paperwork to reclass and chapter out at the same time. Whichever comes back first, wins. No its not something you can negotiate before you sign. If you reclass you will get what they give you. They will work with you on injuries and rehab while you are here if anything happens. Voluntarily drop SERE, or just cant hack it in the cockpit, and you will be a civilian again in short time.

Just curious if you have ever meet a age waiver that has been accepted? I'm 34 and am in the beginning stages of building my packet. Prior service, but am considered a civilian as far as WOFT is concerned.