Feeling lonely

Astro

What I'm getting at, is that now that I've been through the industry, I don't know if I can give real advice anymore. The more I learn, the more I realize I still have a lot to learn and I never knew as much as I thought I knew.

Someone wise once observed that the best thing about growing older is that one has the same experiences, over and over, but from a different perspective.

You've something to offer no matter what your level of experience. Your point of view will be colored by your personal opinion, your experiences, your age, your time in the industry and your level of experience in the industry, and so on. You should absolutely share your views, as they're as valid as someone with twice your experience, and as valid as someone with half your experinece. Your views will evolve, just like everyone else's.

I'm going on several decades as an aviator now, and it's quite apparent to me that given that for every one thing I learn, I find two more things I didn't know (or knew differently), the process of mastery will never be complete.

There's an old zen addage that when one undertakes the study of a flower, it's just a flower. As one's study deepens, it becomes more than just a flower. As one masters t he subject, it becomes just a flower again.

It's just a flower again for me, but what I find is that every day, it's a different kind.

We all have the same experiences differently.

• Like 2