Just how heavy are those pesticides?

Astro

Lighter the pilot the more chemicals on board equals more money for the operator...and since there's no shortage of 300 hour pilots they could make it a 140lb max and still have plenty of applicants...

There's an AG intern position on the job page. It only requires 300 hours, but it's also 180lbs max in a 44? I'm used to seeing that as a max hiring weight for the 22, but even R44 tours are 200lbs. Why so light a pilot?

don't know about r44 rigs but on the 206 we usually run 100 gallons of mix, depending of course. mix weight can vary but figure 10lbs a gallon for a rough guess, again depending. corn, wheat, pine tree burn downs all kinds of different chemicals used with different weights.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think its how much chemical you can carry, I think it is how much fuel you can carry... you will generally be taking the same loads every time, but they don't want someone who has to stop and fuel up every 30 minutes instead of every hour... just my thought

I don't think its how much chemical you can carry, I think it is how much fuel you can carry... you will generally be taking the same loads every time, but they don't want someone who has to stop and fuel up every 30 minutes instead of every hour... just my thought

If I can carry an hour of fuel then I'd cut it back to 30 minutes and take the extra mix if my tank has room. Nothing wrong with getting fuel often when you're working from a truck with fuel right there.

• Like 1