Nightmares

I guess I've hit that pilot milestone. The wire nightmares have begun. Had several lately after flying low level tours at the Hoover Dam. There are wires everywhere. Had one last night that I had landed an EMS gig and on my first scene call landed, got out, and the tail rotor had dragged a mess of cable behind me. Woke up sweating bullets. People don't believe me when I say my job is stressful.

• Like 3

Wires are everywhere in the dream. Hover/air taxi to a clear departure and even more wires appear, can't get away from them. I never hit them, but it's always close and stressful, more tension than doing it for real.

At least I always have my pants on in THOSE dreams...

• Like 3

The worst one I had was when I was flying tuna boats. The ship's engine was right under my cabin and there was a lot of noise and vibration I had to learn to deal with. One night I was dreaming about flying when they shut down the engine. I sprung awake in a panic and tried to auto my rack.

edit: its funny now but was terrifying at the time.

Edited by Fred0311
  • Like 2

,...and I thought it was just me, ha!

I'm usually climbing just after takeoff, but can't get out because everywhere I look there they are!

Edited by r22butters
  • Like 1

Butters...

I don't know you.. and I don't dislike you at all...

But you post more here (sheer numbers) than a Turkish whore smokes unfiltered cigarettes during any 24 hour period.

Don't stop.. just thought I would mention.

,...everyone's got their goals in life! :)

It seems to be a common theme for pilot dreams, wires overhead and no clear way to climb through them.

So is being inside controlled airspace without a clearance, and unsure if you should just continue on and hope nobody notices, or pop up and say HI! and ask for a clearance, or go back to the zone boundary and start again.

• Like 1

If I have a dream about flying, there's typically a crash involved, maybe not myself being the crash victim, but always someone I know.

I will say though, my dream last night involved a beautifully painted red/white/blue S70 fire hawk in a hangar with PJ Helicopters logo on the side of it. Most of my dream just entailed looking at it inside and out. I'm ok with that

If I have a dream about flying, there's typically a crash involved, maybe not myself being the crash victim, but always someone I know.

I will say though, my dream last night involved a beautifully painted red/white/blue S70 fire hawk in a hangar with PJ Helicopters logo on the side of it. Most of my dream just entailed looking at it inside and out. I'm ok with that

You can buy one for a cool $3.7 million...