Helicopter Matchup

Pick the helicopter that is better at the mission. Try to stay unbiased and objective. I thought this would be interesting and fun. List what gives your pick the advantage if you'd like.

Heavy Lift category:

I guess we'll go with the CH-53E since the K is not yet battle tested vs the CH-47F

Utility:

UH-IY vs UH-60M

Attack:

AH-1Z vs AH-64E

R22

Heard a student correct the tower the other day cause the tower told us he was an R22 and he comes up, N12345 is an R44 sitting at the approach end....

so we came up and said G12345 is a single AH64 Longbow Apache Attack Helicopter inbound for closed traffic. The tower guy was laughing so hard he could hardly respond. Lmao

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Heard a student correct the tower the other day cause the tower told us he was an R22 and he comes up, N12345 is an R44 sitting at the approach end....

so we came up and said G12345 is a single AH64 Longbow Apache Attack Helicopter inbound for closed traffic. The tower guy was laughing so hard he could hardly respond. Lmao

When I was going to the civilian flight school in Scottsdale, AZ we would fly into Falcon Field in Mesa. One day some Apaches pulled up alongside one of the other students, and just followed him around for awhile and freaked him out. He was certain they were going to shoot him down or something. 😂😂😂

• Like 1