July 2017 WOFT Board

Hey gents,

Alright I am in Afghanland in the middle of nowhere. Any AD personnel have any thoughts on class dates for us? They may send me back sooner so I can attend my class date. Just need advice and see if anyone know the turn around time for AD.

Hey gents,

Alright I am in Afghanland in the middle of nowhere. Any AD personnel have any thoughts on class dates for us? They may send me back sooner so I can attend my class date. Just need advice and see if anyone know the turn around time for AD.

On the AD side of the house for those of us that got selected in May, most of us got our class dates early to mid July, and mostly ended up being slotted for classes around the October time frame. I would guess that AD applicants selected in July will get their class dates sometime around early September and will attend WOCS in December or January.

• Like 1

I haven't seen the email myself; however, my 1SG just called me (I'm on leave with no access to AKO) and said I have orders to report to WOCS by 1 OCT. I was selected in the July board.

Damn that was fast!

This is crazy everyone is getting slotted and I'm here twiddling my thumbs since January selection lol! I cant even get into my AKO to see if I'm in the OCT class either. I'm also in the guard so who knows what the heck is going on. Saw on ATTRS that the 2018 class had a capacity of 0 wth does that even mean?

• Like 1

Talk to your BN/BDE S3. I called HRC and ATTRS to try moving my date to the left and they said "your training coordinator made the reservation, contact him amd he can help you" I called brigade and he said was going move it if there are seats available... Did not know that but it makes sense.

Talk to your BN/BDE S3. I called HRC and ATTRS to try moving my date to the left and they said "your training coordinator made the reservation, contact him amd he can help you" I called brigade and he said was going move it if there are seats available... Did not know that but it makes sense.

Well that makes sense I have drill with my unit next week I'll definitely se what's going on with it. I heard the 2 week DL course hardly ever fills because not many E-4s get selected regardless but that's all hear say. Thanks for the info.

Just out of curiosity, how do they choose who gets which class date? Is it an OML list or first come first serve?

No idea... I was originally selected in Mar 17 and placed in the Jan 18 class. They moved me up to the new Oct 17 class just recently. I'm guessing it goes by list based on your circumstances - sister service, civilian, active army, etc.

Guys, how do you go about moving your class date to the left? Both my BDE and BN S3 said they don't know and if it's possible I have to submit a 4187... A 4187 will take forever to go through Company-BN-BDE-INSCOM and then HRC... I'll literally have nothing to do till January if I don't get a sooner class...

On the AD side of the house for those of us that got selected in May, most of us got our class dates early to mid July, and mostly ended up being slotted for classes around the October time frame. I would guess that AD applicants selected in July will get their class dates sometime around early September and will attend WOCS in December or January.

Thanks brother I will have to check my .mil today after patrols and see what I can figure out. My LDRSHP is hounding me about orders that I won't get for another 90 days.

Got my reservation for WOBC (part A) today and the dates are 11 FEB - 5 MAR 18. Looks like I'll have approximately three months after WOCS graduation before I WOBC.

I will be in your WOBC class, getting my ASUs ready now for all of the funeral details we will probably be on during that bubble haha.