September 2017 WOFT Board

Anybody got their class dates yet?

But to answer your original question, no. Seems the trend is all the civilians find out their basic and wocs dates then the active duty guys and gals find out after them. I think it'll come this week or next though.
  • Like 1

The military is never as cool as the commercials. I didn't fight dragons, though I did climb mountains (but was not nearly as badass looking as the guy in the commercial, and was way more tired at the end), did shoot rockets, machineguns, etc. I also got really good at cleaning, and better at pretending to clean.

I anticipate aviation in the military will not be "as cool as one could imagine," but you guys have reinforced my decision to go Guard -- mainly because it seems like the Guard pilots I know actually fly more than a lot of AD guys.

To those of you with no prior service experience, this is a good dose of honesty. There will be plenty of ah-hah moments when you think back to this thread, I'm sure. I'm also confident that at the end of it all, you won't regret having done it. Many a night being shaken awake in my tent at 3AM to go stand watch in a downpour of freezing rain I hated life. Looking back it's funny, and was a small price to pay. The same can be said for unit politics. I don't expect the aviation world to be much different, though hopefully with less being wet and cold all the time.

Actually, I think it's been every bit as cool as the commercials. The commercials and hype just can't accurately articulate how hard you have to work to get to experience the cool stuff. When you're a military aviator your job isn't to fly, it's to protect, serve, or kill people. The aircraft is just the tool we use to get it done. If you wait for opportunities to come to you, they won't.

There's some value is experiencing the "suck" now, that we won't truly realize for several years post Army. There's more we're taking away from the experience than marketable flight time.

Mike-

• Like 4

What is ASK?

Assignment Satisfaction Key: for the AD folks it pretty much is a way to check if you're on assignment or have any requisitions available to pcs. Last Friday mine said "on orders" which would make sense because I am currently in the middle of a pcs. This week it says what I commented earlier. ASK is updated I'd assume at the Human Resources Command level.
  • Like 1

This was my first attempt at submitting a packet and I was selected! It is so surreal feeling! I remember when I first started on my packet how I thought I would never actually submit a finished packet let alone get selected! This forum has definitely helped me out a lot and I thank all of you! Oh and hey Luofynerd I just signed into replacement at Carson! I checked my email today but I still have not received any additional information about a WOCS date.

• Like 1

Gotcha, an Army system lol, wasn't sure if it was something AD Marine could access.

If you have AKO access i don't see why not. It's on the main page of ako. But it's prob not that important to even go through the trouble.

On your ERB (right above "FLAG CODE") you will see "AEA / Dt." If you look to the right of it you will see the letter I (as in India). This AEA code stands for "I - WARRANT OFFICER/OFFICER CANDIDATE SCHOOL PENDING."

If you need further clarification of AEA Codes please see the link below.

http://community.armystudyguide.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/7581093521/m/9301028072

Hope this helps anybody who is in limbo. Congratulations to all again.

On your ERB (right above "FLAG CODE") you will see "AEA / Dt." If you look to the right of it you will see the letter I (as in India). This AEA code stands for "I - WARRANT OFFICER/OFFICER CANDIDATE SCHOOL PENDING."

If you need further clarification of AEA Codes please see the link below.

http://community.armystudyguide.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/7581093521/m/9301028072

Hope this helps anybody who is in limbo. Congratulations to all again.

Yeah but that doesn't help me get my class date!!! Lol
  • Like 1

Quick question,

I am currently a civilian (prior service USMC) that completed my stand-in WOFT board September 12th. I noticed on the September 2017 forum other civilians heard word they were selected. I am assuming I missed the deadline to be added to the September selection dates, so does anyone know when the next selection dates for civilians may be? Haven't heard anything from my recruiters since the September board I went to.

Thanks

I have a question for those of you that got selected in September, congratulations by the way! I got an email today saying my packet is with the proponent. How long were your packets with the proponent prior to being board ready?

i think it varies a lot, mine went from submission to board ready in about a week and half I think

Quick question,

I am currently a civilian (prior service USMC) that completed my stand-in WOFT board September 12th. I noticed on the September 2017 forum other civilians heard word they were selected. I am assuming I missed the deadline to be added to the September selection dates, so does anyone know when the next selection dates for civilians may be? Haven't heard anything from my recruiters since the September board I went to.

Thanks

You should contact your recruiter and find out. I believe you have a certain amount of days after selection to sign the contract might wanna get on that.

I have a question for those of you that got selected in September, congratulations by the way! I got an email today saying my packet is with the proponent. How long were your packets with the proponent prior to being board ready?

I received ‘awaiting proponent review’ for alomost 2 months until I saw ‘under proponent for review’. It seems that they phase packets to fill up boards in advance and can just sit at proponent for quite awhile. Once it was under review it went to board ready within a week or two.