FT Rucker Housing/Neighborhoods

Anyone have experience with living in an RV during flight school? As a single guy, it seems like a good idea, and I hear there are lots of trailer parks to choose from with short commutes. Are there any cons I'm not seeing? Aside from the fact that you're living in a trailer?

Why not just go for the "Van down by the River"

A guy in my son's class lived in a trailer, seemed to work ok for him. He bought the trailer when he got there, lived in it and then sold it for what he paid for it when he left. Kept a good chunk of his BAH every month.

In the latest edition of "I wonder if my wife would kill me if..." that actually sounds brilliant.

At my reserve unit some of our senior staff were brought in from other parts of the country for our deployment. In the 6 months or so leading up to it and the last few months after we got back we had a SMAJ living in an RV in the headquarters parking lot. Talk about a convenient commute.

Mike

Anyone have experience with living in an RV during flight school? As a single guy, it seems like a good idea, and I hear there are lots of trailer parks to choose from with short commutes. Are there any cons I'm not seeing? Aside from the fact that you're living in a trailer?

I know a few guys who are doing it. One lives on base and its like 300 a month but there is no sewage hook ups and they have to move every 3 months or so from one spot to another. So if you dont mind dealing with poop its not bad, and his drive to the airfield is only 4 min. Have another friend who lives off base at a park that is only a 20min drive I think but pays 400 I think and has full hook ups. I am considering it but my camper is only 19ft so going to have to upgrade. Haha