Bell 206 85%TQ 82KT flight limitation exceeded

The Bell tech reps response was pretty much as iChris described. In the end some numbers were exchanged and the power check is now being done as it should be. Lucky for me I don't need to fly this aircraft often. On my way to the Bell factory March 12 for the 505 course. The company is buying 2 505's though the B3e is still the aircraft of choice for high altitude flying in Nepal. There is competition for the "bottom" end of the market and for some strange reason my company wants to spend outrageous money for the 505 rather than just using a cheap B2. So I will keep you all posted on flying the 505 in the Himalaya. Too bad the Van Horn tail rotor isn't STC'ed yet but perhaps with that long tail boom the tail rotor has some oomph. Good times Pheriche, Dingboche, Lukla, Kathmandu shuttles. Everest Base Camp will be a little beyond what it can do.

• Like 1

WP, if you want some early feedback on the operational performances of the 505 at altitude, email Mark Taylor over at Rocky Mountain Rotors in Montana. He has been flying one this last year around the area, upto and around the 10k ft altitudes. He has some great comparisons from his 407 and 206b3.

I have not flown the machine myself, but the feedback has been interesting to learn so far.