Help sourcing timed out R44 Astros?

GSXR951

Do you have one, or know of anyone that has one sitting around collecting dust?
If so I would like to purchase it!
They don't need to fly, just need to look complete from the outside. They will be used as static displays at an exhibition.

I have been trying to source them from controller/barnstormers and service centers to no avail. Any tips on where else to look?

• Like 1

A runout R22 is worth about $20-30K depending upon which model and condition, while a runout R44 a lot more. The Astro can be sent back to the RHC factory and overhauled with hydraulics (mandatory at the RHC factory). The last Astros we had we sold perhaps 5 years ago in the $45K range as it didn't make sense to cover them to hydraulic at the factory. I have wrecked R22's I'll sell you at $10k each and with a carpenter you can make a great static display. These are wrecked helicopters that we deem aren't worth overhauling because of firewall damage or salt water dipped corrosion. We recently sold a wrecked R22 you'll see in a TV show called "Elementary" with a English detective and an Asian actress you might recognize.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elementary_(TV_series) I think the story line is that someone messes with the heli to off someone and the bits will be forensically examined in some background scenes. I can be reached at 561-346-2816 or HeliAcademy@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...