Flight School

I'm brand new to all this, but have read through a vast majority of these forums. I am a veteran, with access to 100% of my Post 9/11 GI Bill. Ive been looking through helicopter flight schools for the better part of a year now and have not found one that doesn't baulk one way or the other.

Im looking for a flight school that accepts the GI Bill, with or without a degree program. I would be a full time student, as so to hammer out the training as soon as possible. I am able to attend school anywhere in the country so location is not a problem. I would like to obtain all of my certifications up to CF I-I.

Any information would help and be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Im looking for a flight school that accepts the GI Bill, with or without a degree program.

You're not likely to be able to get your CFI-I done in a reasonable amount of time unless you're in a degree program. The post 9/11 GI bill will only pay a max of $13,061.61 per year for vocational flight training. My tuition for my PPL semester was $46,000+.

As it is, on the semester schedule, you're going to be putting in at least 40 hour weeks to get the work done. It's way more demanding of your time than I expected.

If you have any questions let me know, I'm going through the program right now.

• 7 months later...