July 2018 Board

GT: 111

SIFT: 51

APFT: 270

LOR: Air Force O-6, Air Force O-6, Air Force Aviator O-6 (F-22)

Flight Time: None

Education: Associates Degree-3.4 GPA, NCO Academy DLT, going to try and get Ground School soon

Physical: Pending

Military: SSgt/E5. Going on 11 years in the Air Force AD. 2 deployments, 2 years in Korea, Was in SOCCENT for over a year also.

Got a few months left to make everything look better.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you know if there will be a board later than September this year? Ive checked the site and I dont know if they just dont update it to reflect that far out or if there isnt a board because there was November boards last year .

There will be more boards. September is just the last board for the Fiscal year. OCT starts a New Fiscal year and I will assume the 1st board will be in November.

• 1 month later...

Don't know if I will make the July board but I sure hope to! I just need to get my flight physical approved in time and I haven't received any clear cut answers on whether I can submit the packet later than the "deadline" date as a civilian. I have just seen the civilian packets have had more lenience on when they can be submitted.

Anyway, my current information:

GT: 134

SIFT: 70

APFT: Pending (240 self test)

LORs: Current boss, Good friend who is an ex-marine, CW3 AD Aviator

School: Associate's Degree, 3.975 GPA

Military: None

Physical: Meps done, flight physical scheduled

My recruiter submitted mine this week for the July board. They called USAREC to confirm dates for civilians, and they are a bit different. Obviously I'd say get it submitted sooner than later, but you still have some time. Depends on how quickly you can get your Flight Physical turned around.

Don't know if I will make the July board but I sure hope to! I just need to get my flight physical approved in time and I haven't received any clear cut answers on whether I can submit the packet later than the "deadline" date as a civilian. I have just seen the civilian packets have had more lenience on when they can be submitted.

Anyway, my current information:

GT: 134

SIFT: 67

APFT: Pending (240 self test)

LORs: Current boss, Good friend who is an ex-marine, CW3 AD Aviator

School: Associate's Degree, 3.975 GPA

Physical: Meps done, flight physical scheduled

My recruiter submitted mine this week for the July board. They called USAREC to confirm dates for civilians, and they are a bit different. Obviously I'd say get it submitted sooner than later, but you still have some time. Depends on how quickly you can get your Flight Physical turned around.

Did you happen to find out what the timeline is for non-Army applicants?

Civilian 1st Time Applicant

GT: 129
SIFT: 50
APFT: 245
LOR: CW5R Warrant Commandant , CW5-R Aviator, local mayor (my boss)
Flight Time: 3 hrs fixed wing
Education: BA in Political Science 2.8, 21 credits to MPA
Physical: Stamped, no waivers

My battalion board interview is 6/7 & I'm told I'll be able to make the July board should I get recommended to go forward. We'll see though!

I got called up to do my board interview last month (civilian). When can civilians expect to hear back? My recruiter can't give me an answer. I'm going to assume the USAREC board is in July? Any info would be great. Thanks!

Submitting my packet Thursday (6/6), hoping that’s in time for this board!

GT: 127 (90 AFQT)

SIFT: 54

APFT: 235

Education: MBA (3.0 GPA), BBA sports management (2.78 GPA)

LOR’s: CW4 Guard Aviator, Ranger Major (Ret.), college lacrosse team pastor, Captain in 101st (Ret.)

Physical: stamped fully qualified

No flight time and No prior service

So I did my battalion board interview yesterday and was recommended. I was told by the battalion staff I had 10 day to go to MEPS to sign my contract. When I kept asking about getting approved at the USAREC board in July, I was told the process has changed and USAREC is just a paperwork formality now. Can anyone speak to this change?

(If I get to MEPS next week and it doesn't say 153A, I won't sign.)

Interesting. I just left my battalion board in Atlanta. They told me USAREC would have to give me the thumbs up nationally, and Id have to wait a bit longer than the OCS recruits. (They make the decision on OCS guys at the local level, WOFT decision is made ultimately at the national level).

So I did my battalion board interview yesterday and was recommended. I was told by the battalion staff I had 10 day to go to MEPS to sign my contract. When I kept asking about getting approved at the USAREC board in July, I was told the process has changed and USAREC is just a paperwork formality now. Can anyone speak to this change?

• Like 1

I have heard this as well from recruiters.

They said over the last fiscal year the process changed to make the battalion level board the final part of the selection. I dont doubt the packet still goes to the USAREC board, but that is what I was told.

I am trying to verify this information as well.

Also heard everyone technically enlists after getting the green light within a week of selection, but that the contract will specifically be set for 153A. I am especially skeptical about this and like you, will proceed with caution should I get selected.

• Like 1

Yay! Finally I get to post on this forum! hahaha

Civilian

SIFT: 59

APFT: 300

LOR: Army MG, Army CW4 Pilot, Army 1SG, Former Employer

Flight Time: 15hrs (2hrs solo, Cessna 172 & Katana DA20)

Education: B.S.B.A. Business Management 3.5

Physical: Qualified!

Fingers crossed!!!

UPDATE:

The Houston recruiting Battalion called today to apologize because they realized that this was incorrect information and that I wouldn't sign until/unless approved at a USAREC board. I think they're just so accustomed to doing OCS packets that they thought it had switched for WOFT too. Good news is that they think they'll still be able to get me on the July board despite any deadlines. I hope this helps. Good luck to everyone.

They made their notes/comments and verbally confirmed their recommendation at the end of my interview.

Whats the usual wait time to hear back from the Battalion board? I see some people hear back same day, some it takes a couple of days. Mine was Friday and my recruiter hasnt heard anything back in regards to my board grade or anything yet.

Hey everyone. After trying to make it to the last three selection boards and going through a lot of BS, I finally got confirmation from my regional recruiting BN that my packet is correct and completed, is at HRC, and will be at the July Selection. I have a DD368 approved that expires about 2 weeks after the selection board so I'm really hoping to get picked up.

GT: 137

SIFT: 68

APFT: 253

LOR: Army CW4 Aviation, Army CW3 Aviation (Retired), Navy O5 non-aviation

Flight Time: None

Flight Physical: Stamped, no-waivers

Education: AA English 4.0GPA; BA Government and Public Service 3.89 GPA

Military: AG2/E5 Navy Reserves (coming up on 4 years in) I'm a weatherman with my forecasting qual and some active duty experience forecasting.