September Board

Still, dont count it out until you hear the news.

Also, if you dont make it, it could be a good thing, lots of twists and turns and bumps in my packet process all seemed to put me in an even better position to be accepted. Silver linings

Oh ya. If I don't get it I'll still be wasting for the next board and make my packet better in the mean time

Hey guys I have the full list of civilian results. PM me your name and Ill let you know the results.

I was selected! Hopefully see some of you at Basic/ WOCS!

Stats:

25 out of 51 selected (49%)

Average Score Stats:

GT: 126

GPA (With Degrees): 3.4

SIFT: 55

APFT: 262

# with HSD: 27

# with Associates: 4

# with Bachelors: 16

# with Graduate: 4

• Like 2

Hey guys I have the full list of civilian results. PM me your name and Ill let you know the results.

I was selected! Hopefully see some of you at Basic/ WOCS!

Stats:

25 out of 51 selected (49%)

Average Score Stats:

GT: 126

GPA (With Degrees): 3.4

SIFT: 55

APFT: 262

# with HSD: 27

# with Associates: 4

# with Bachelors: 16

# with Graduate: 4

Pm u

• Like 1

Congrats to all those selected! To those who didnt keep trying and do what you can to better yourself and your packet for now.

If any one has questions about what to expect (mainly as street-to-seat, sister service and AD I can give some details but was a street-to-seater myself) feel free to PM me.

• Like 1

Thanks. That sounds great. I'll shoot it over in the morning. What is a 3.2 form? I've never heard of it

Might be different for civilians. But its the form that contains your resume and all military/civilian experiences

You can find the form on the WO website under downloads.

But if you didnt fill yours out dont worry. Prob a different process for civilians

This isn't a cheap option and it'd be entirely up to you but if you have extra cash laying around it's around $300/hr to fly an R22 helicopter including fuel and instructor. If you're able to get 2-4 hours of flight that will probably let you stand out from the crowd by saying you have flight hours. I don't have a flight background but I did get 5.5 logged flight hours and 8 ground hours to familiarize myself with controls and say that I have flight experience.

This isn't a cheap option and it'd be entirely up to you but if you have extra cash laying around it's around $300/hr to fly an R22 helicopter including fuel and instructor. If you're able to get 2-4 hours of flight that will probably let you stand out from the crowd by saying you have flight hours. I don't have a flight background but I did get 5.5 logged flight hours and 8 ground hours to familiarize myself with controls and say that I have flight experience.

From what I remember being told a handful of hours isn't a very large discriminator. The entirity of flight school is designed to go from nothing to Army Aviator. But if its money burning a hole in your pockets go ahead.

From what I remember being told a handful of hours isn't a very large discriminator. The entirity of flight school is designed to go from nothing to Army Aviator. But if its money burning a hole in your pockets go ahead.

With all do respect to my fellow Gideon, I feel that post isnt 100%

As much as I would like to see potential candidates fend for themselves in this selection process if only to prove the best among you, acquiring flight time is a major plus in this process.

I've talked to two CW5s', one of whom wrote my LOR, that have sat on these selection boards before, and both of them, including other now retired Flight Warrants that I know personally, have voiced their support for candidates coming to the table with a decent foundation of flight time.

In my opinion, having flight time, or "contact", prior to actually attending military flight school should be a requirement for the Army like every other service branch.

It displays maturity, aptitude and resolve if you have a spit buckets worth of flight time under your belt (30-70 hours total, at least 10+ hours solo and the FAA ground exam).

This isn't to say coming to the table with 100+ flight hours and multiple licenses is beneficial, because it isn't after a certain point, and its not to say it will automatically secure you a spot, but if your packet is on the cusp and you've never taken the time out of your schedule to at least get a taste of what you could have the opportunity of doing in the future for your Country, that could be the difference in selection of the next person.

A tid bit: All of the other services either require you to have a private pilots license before applying, or require you to spend time (even if you are a service academy grad) to obtain your PPL before you even start common core military flight school.

Is it expensive for a few hours? Sure. Will it break your bank to show initiative? Depends on if you want to come back that much more prepared. It also allows garners a bit of weight during the battalion board interview if you can show some flight time while remaining humble and hungry to adapt and learn more

Just a thought for the FQ-NS..

• Like 1