Which Signup Benefits are Negotiable?

While it is just icing on the cake, I am supposed to receive a bonus at the completion of flight school. Ill be skeptical until I see it on my LES. Im a reservist so maybe its due to my airframe.

As for cool guy schools, I never had the opportunity go during my first enlistment. I was a pogue NG guy so the funding just wasnt there unless you were combat arms.

Thank you for mentioning that. How much was your bonus for?

I was accepted through WOFT, so Im assuming getting to go to flight school is a good enough benefit haha.

Yes, the army officer is one of the most respected positions in the military and civilian world. It's up there with doctor or lawyer. It does great things for your confidence. Just remember to remain humble about your accomplishments. Or most people wont respect your arrogance.

5)You can negotiate if you stay on or off base during WOFT training. By default you will be staying on base. If you buy a house, you can get the BAH pay when you sell it.

Fake news.

There's no default, there's no negotiations with a recruiter about this sh*t. You either apply to live on post or get a place off post. mandatory barracks = BASIC/WOCS/SERE

Well I hear one thing here, then another from my recruiter. who ever is correct is fine with me. It's more about the line of work that your in. It's the respectable thing to do. Money always comes and goes. But if you do a good job. You have a chance of going down in history. That's pretty amazing.

It’s not trolling, just pointing out the simple truth that you have no idea what you are posting about.

I don't want to quarrel with you. Over exadurating things like your doing is how you start an argument. Combined with mocking me and putting my words in bold letters. Is what the definition of a troll is. So why don't you read this. Then stop making replies to posts that are supposed to be helpful, then changing it into an opportunity to harass the person who is trying to help you. Thank you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

I don't want to quarrel with you. Over exadurating things like your doing is how you start an argument. Combined with mocking me and putting my words in bold letters. Is what the definition of a troll is. So why don't you read this. Then stop making replies to posts that are supposed to be helpful, then changing it into an opportunity to harass the person who is trying to help you. Thank you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

You aren’t helping me or anyone with posts that are full of false information. You might think you’re helping people but if you don’t research and verify the information you provide you are doing a disservice to everyone who reads and might believe it. I don’t care to argue at all but I will point out when people are posting stuff that is untrue.

You might not believe me but the military is not a nice place. If you join and continue to act in the manner you present yourself online you will be mocked, ridiculed and criticized until you fix yourself.

• Like 1

You aren’t helping me or anyone with posts that are full of false information. You might think you’re helping people but if you don’t research and verify the information you provide you are doing a disservice to everyone who reads and might believe it. I don’t care to argue at all but I will point out when people are posting stuff that is untrue.

You might not believe me but the military is not a nice place. If you join and continue to act in the manner you present yourself online you will be mocked, ridiculed and criticized until you fix yourself.

You don't understand. I was just going with what my recruiter told me. He told me he is working on getting something in writing for me. So I can have the BAH while in WOFT. I presume that I can take that and go live off base some where. Because it's unlikely they will give you both. But I could be wrong. He seems to think it is unlikely. But possible.

I don't expect the military to be a "nice" place. But I do expect you to respect the people who you see on a daily basis. If it's somebody who you don't see very often then that's not a huge deal. But as far as I am concerned you should treat others the way you want to be treated. The teams that verbally abuse each other lose more often than the teams that work together.

You don't understand. I was just going with what my recruiter told me. He told me he is working on getting something in writing for me. So I can have the BAH while in WOFT. I presume that I can take that and go live off base some where. Because it's unlikely they will give you both. But I could be wrong. He seems to think it is unlikely. But possible.

I actually do understand. It’s a ton of new information for you to sort through and try to figure out. My issue is with how you came on the forums and presented stuff as facts when they are not. I have no problems with you wanting to find out what your benefits and entitlements would be if you joined.

If you are married and own/lease/rent when you leave for basic training you will be entitled to receive BAH at whatever rate your rank is. You will receive it even though you are in government provided barracks because it is an entitlement to provide housing for your family. If you are not married you will not receive BAH until after graduating WOCS. Upon graduation and appointment to WO1 you are entitled to BAH whether you are married or not. You can chose to live on or off post. On post housing will automatically deduct your BAH from your pay and you will not personally pay for rent or most utilities. Off post is entirely up to you as to how much you want to spend and where you want to live.

• Like 2

I actually do understand. Its a ton of new information for you to sort through and try to figure out. My issue is with how you came on the forums and presented stuff as facts when they are not. I have no problems with you wanting to find out what your benefits and entitlements would be if you joined.

If you are married and own/lease/rent when you leave for basic training you will be entitled to receive BAH at whatever rate your rank is. You will receive it even though you are in government provided barracks because it is an entitlement to provide housing for your family. If you are not married you will not receive BAH until after graduating WOCS. Upon graduation and appointment to WO1 you are entitled to BAH whether you are married or not. You can chose to live on or off post. On post housing will automatically deduct your BAH from your pay and you will not personally pay for rent or most utilities. Off post is entirely up to you as to how much you want to spend and where you want to live.

Gotcha.

I actually do understand. It’s a ton of new information for you to sort through and try to figure out. My issue is with how you came on the forums and presented stuff as facts when they are not. I have no problems with you wanting to find out what your benefits and entitlements would be if you joined.

I'll run this up anyway next time I'm talking to the NCO in charge of training, but off-hand do you know if this applies to Guard? I'm married and wife was wondering if I'll be getting BAH while in WOCS. Also going to be going for the BAH waiver given we own and won't be selling our primary residence in Mass.

Mike

• Like 1

I'll run this up anyway next time I'm talking to the NCO in charge of training, but off-hand do you know if this applies to Guard? I'm married and wife was wondering if I'll be getting BAH while in WOCS. Also going to be going for the BAH waiver given we own and won't be selling our primary residence in Mass.

Mike

You will receive BAH since you are on active orders, not sure on how the waiver process for location will work.

• Like 1

You will receive BAH since you are on active orders, not sure on how the waiver process for location will work.

Pretty sure that you only get the BAH if the orders are over 30 days (not including boot camp), but maybe that was for unmarried reservists/guard... I got married a month after my last period of active duty in 2014 (AT), but I never got BAH during Boot/SOI or any of my ATs from 2008-2014. I guess I'll ask this question as well, should be going on orders for a couple weeks this fall. BAH in my area is over 3K/month, so its not chump change.

Mike

Pretty sure that you only get the BAH if the orders are over 30 days (not including boot camp), but maybe that was for unmarried reservists/guard... I got married a month after my last period of active duty in 2014 (AT), but I never got BAH during Boot/SOI or any of my ATs from 2008-2014. I guess I'll ask this question as well, should be going on orders for a couple weeks this fall. BAH in my area is over 3K/month, so its not chump change.

Mike

I can't quote any regulations for you but I can say that all my guard and reserve friends at flight school were receiving full time active duty benefits including BAH.

Oh definitely, just not sure if the period of active duty is less than 30 days, or if it's "initial" training (IE boot camp, perhaps WOCS) if you also get the BAH then. All stuff I can google though, or ask about.

For example we all got BAH as reservists when we were mobilized for OEF. We didn't usually get BAH for ATs or for Boot Camp and Infantry School. I was not yet married at that point though, so may have been different for married folks.

Mike

Ive gotten BAH while in BCT, AIT, WOCS, and obviously during flight school. All I had to do was provide proof of lease or mortgage. And I was single at the time.

Thank's for mentioning that. Yes, that's what I got offered to join at WOCS too. How many months did they provide you the BAH? They offered me 4 months. Maybe that's negotiable.

Thank's for mentioning that. Yes, that's what I got offered to join at WOCS too. How many months did they provide you the BAH? They offered me 4 months. Maybe that's negotiable.

Dude what f*cking planet are you on? I think you may need a new recruiter or you really are just trolling like your other posts in the past because you make absolutely no sense right now. You dont get offered sh*t when you join the army unless DA says so and then the recruiter has no reason to keep you from whatever benefit is at hand. 4 months for BAH? That sounds ridiculous. The only benefit you should be chasing is to join the army, go to flight school for free AND get paid to do it

• Like 3

Oh, I dont read mikes replies to my posts after he flamed me again. Not that I am completely pushing him away. I do what most people do against an annoying person, just mitigate contact. There are staving children in Africa who would kill you for an orange.

We are not very compatible it turns out. Sorry if it seemed out of context. Just trying to learn all I can, before I sign my future away for the next 8 - 20 years.

Oh, I dont read mikes replies to my posts after he flamed me again. Not that I am completely pushing him away. I do what most people do against an annoying person, just mitigate contact. There are staving children in Africa who would kill you for an orange.

We are not very compatible it turns out. Sorry if it seemed out of context. Just trying to learn all I can, before I sign my future away for the next 8 - 20 years.

If you feel like you are signing your future away....just walk away...

If you feel like you are signing your future away....just walk away...

No I just feel like that when I read half these replies. It almost seems like there are allot of people in the military who can't hold a job/marriage in the civilian world. So they join the army because nobody else would hire them - Toxic.

I have been learning about boot camp culture and I understand that the rigers of war are very emotionally draining. But nobody really wants to jump into a boot camp every conversation of every minute. Most of these guys are not even american if you have not noticed. That's why they have separate platoons for all these unwanted citizens of forien countries. Have you seen the french legion. It's a platoon for foreigners. Just put them doing the jobs nobody wants to do if they are going to be like that. Not officer.