November 2018 Board

Oh wait my recruiter didn't show up today. I was supposed to finally get the PT test out of the way. He didn't answer any calls or texts during the whole hour I waited for him.

How much of a hassle is it at this point to switch recruiters? Because, quite frankly, he's been unreliable and terrible with communication. On top of it, since he's PCSing in December I have reason to believe he doesn't give a flying F anymore, especially not about my WOFT package and dragging it out on purpose. I'm doing my part, but he's not doing his.

Is a switch justified or am I being too dramatic?

Oh wait my recruiter didn't show up today. I was supposed to finally get the PT test out of the way. He didn't answer any calls or texts during the whole hour I waited for him.

How much of a hassle is it at this point to switch recruiters? Because, quite frankly, he's been unreliable and terrible with communication. On top of it, since he's PCSing in December I have reason to believe he doesn't give a flying F anymore, especially not about my WOFT package and dragging it out on purpose. I'm doing my part, but he's not doing his.

Is a switch justified or am I being too dramatic?

Just go to a completely different station and explain your situation honestly and say your recruiter is being a scumbag. Also let them know that if they dont want to take you seriously youll be happy to go to a different station

Im looking to email in my finished packet on Monday and the site is down right now. I’m aware that each document needs to be in pdf format. Is there a specific way that each document needs to be named? Example( pdf1) (DA61). I remember the website saying something specific about this but I cannot access it for the time being. Also I’m assuming based on the timeline that my packet will not be boarded until the January board is this also correct?

Thank you!

Im looking to email in my finished packet on Monday and the site is down right now. Im aware that each document needs to be in pdf format. Is there a specific way that each document needs to be named? Example( pdf1) (DA61). I remember the website saying something specific about this but I cannot access it for the time being. Also Im assuming based on the timeline that my packet will not be boarded until the January board is this also correct?

Thank you!

The instructions on the website states to number all documents in order as they appear on the checklist from top to bottom. If certain things listed on the checklist do not apply to move on to the next item. They will be labeled 1.pdf, 2.pdf, and so on until complete.

The instructions on the website states to number all documents in order as they appear on the checklist from top to bottom. If certain things listed on the checklist do not apply to move on to the next item. They will be labeled 1.pdf, 2.pdf, and so on until complete.

Do you have any other information on turning the packet in? I cant remember what the email title needs to be. The site is always down when you really need it..

E-mail subject line instructions:

LAST NAME, FIRST NAME MI - PRIMARY WOMOS - E-MAIL NUMBER OF THE TOTAL NUMBER OF E-MAILS being sent.

Example:

JOHNSON, STEVEN M. - 153A - 1 OF 2, second e-mail subject line, JOHNSON, STEVEN M. - 153A - 2 OF 2. Also, be sure to title your PDF attachments in the following format: 1.pdf, 2.pdf, 3.pdf, etc... (packet compiled in the order set in the checklist, then broken up and labeled in the manner shown)

E-mail size cannot exceed 5MB.

Hey everyone, hopefully this board goes well for all applicants. I was lurking on the September board and decided to compile all of the statistics for all applicants last month. I only took stats from this website and of course not all applicants made their stats public so definitely take these averages with a grain of salt. For civilians the acceptance rate around 49%, with Active Duty being about 60% these numbers are in reference to the posts by Brickle and Awest.

Active Duty Averages

GT Score: 122.11

SIFT Score: 55

APFT Score: 286.375

GPA: 3.4

Education:

- High School or Non Specified: 4

- Associates Degree: 1

- Bachelors or In Process of Bachelors: 4

- Graduates Degree: 0

Civilian Averages

Amanzi90 managed to get the actual averages of the entire civilian application pool so I will post that instead, as it is a better representation of the population who applied.

GT: 126

GPA (With Degrees): 3.4
SIFT: 55
APFT: 262
- High School: 27
- Associate Degree: 4
- Bachelor Degree: 16

- Graduate Degree: 4

Anyways I hope this was helpful and you can see how you compare to the average applicant. Good luck to everyone on this board!

• Like 2

Fair enough, thank you.

In your opinion, was the low selection rate of 49% due to the end of the fiscal year?

I worry I missed the gettin while it was good and that selection rates will drop off this year.

Hard to really say. They didn't have a lower selection due to fewer slots though because they didn't even have enough slots for the people that were selected (at least not right away).

It could be just because the end of the year meant they had to select a lot fewer people due to budget constraints, but it is really hard to say.

Like XIIGage said there really isn't a way of telling if the end of the fiscal year really impacts the selection rate, but I did look up the stats of the September and November boards of last year. The September board last year ended up being a 73% selection rate with November being around 78%. So there was not really much of a change from the end to beginning of the fiscal year. I don't really want to focus too much on rates though, I am just trying to make my packet as competitive as possible so I hopefully don't have to worry about low selection rates.

But to put our minds at ease I did come across this article in the Military Times talking about the $717 billion dollar defense budget. "The spending authority includes $40.8 billion to “overcome the crisis in military aviation” by purchasing more equipment, $17.7 billion to rehabilitate worn-out Army equipment, and $23.5 billion to upgrade and repair “crumbling military buildings and other infrastructure.” So hopefully this may lead to higher selection rates, although I am not sure how much of that authorized spending relates to Army aviation specifically.

FQ/NS for September board, so here I am... Good luck to all!

GT: 120
SIFT: 63

APFT: 260

LoRs: O8(ret), O7(ret, former IP at Rucker, CEO of Army Aviation Heritage Foundation), CW5(ret, 180A, former commandant of SF Warrant Officer Institute), O5(ret, Delta Commander)

School: 32 Credit Hours, poor GPA

Military: None

Flight: None

Physical: Stamped and Qualified

So I applied back in NOV '15, FQ/NS-NS/NC, so a lot of the stats I already had done. Well applying again and on the NOV Board. I know the stats do not mean a ton but they are what they are (minus everything from JAN '18 because they do not list Non-Select data). This is what I've found:

Milper Month Year Q/S Q/NS NS/NC % Q/S

18-320 Sept 2018 65

18-247 July 2018 64

18-164 May 2018 66

18-106 March 2018 65

18-061 Jan 2018 78

17-371 Nov 2017 68 18 17 66.01%

17-305 Sept 2017 82 26 4 73.20%

17-227 July 2017 85 3 2 94.44%

17-169 May 2017 68 6 4 87.17%

17-111 March 2017 50 19 14 60.24%

17-039 Jan 2017 61 22 14 62.88%

16-345 Nov 2016 57 21 36 50.00%

16-278 Sept 2016 45 51 27 36.58%

16-210 July 2016 47 33 22 46.07%

16-145 May 2016 47 25 4 61.84%

16-086 March 2016 47 5 14 71.21%

16-023 Jan 2016 48 20 14 58.53%

15-381 Nov 2015 45 33 67 31.03%

15-283 Sept 2015 49 82 56 26.20%

15-151 May 2015 50 63 87 25.00%

Jan 2015 55 108 53 25.46%

July 2014 54 35 31 45.00%

May 2014 57 75 19 37.74%

Jan 2014 57 21 22 57.00%

Nov 2013 61 30 8 61.61%

Sept 2013 74 10 5 83.14%

July 2013 74 17 30 61.15%

May 2013 71 58 53 39.01%

I was a fq/ns this past September board and back with some new updates to my packet for November. Good luck to everyone!

GT: 114

Sift: 67

Apft: 276

LoRs: O-3, O-5, CW4

School: 28 credits, 3.0 GPA

Military: SSG, nine years active duty 19D

Physical: Approved with ETP

• Like 1

Selected!

I got picked up by the guard this week. Apparently states dont follow the exact board dates or structure, but I figured this is the best place to post.

GT: 121

Sift: 75

APFT: 300

LoRs: CW4(in the unit), CW4(AD), O4(AF)

School: BS Electrical engineering (minors: mathematics & energy engineering) 3.4 GPA

Military: prior service 5.5 years AD Army. (94F - E4) WLC, Airborne, combatives 1&2.

Physical: Rucker Stamped

Ive been trying to submit a packet for over two years now, but MEPS refused to see me because of the intimidating stack of paper that was my medical history. Ultimately, I saw 5 or 6 separate civilian doctors, got 5 sets of imaging and notes from these doctors saying body part X is healthy, and submitted my MEPS request for physical at least 6 times between multiple MEPS. Finally got picked up!

• 2 weeks later...

Getting closer to the board now. Did you guys all get your packets in?

Submitted my packet at the end of October but required small corrections such as not having the OPAT on my DA 61 and having my SIFT signed off by a proctor.. unfortunately I had a JRTC rotation and am just now getting out of it so Ill be hoping for a Jan. board.

Ive found the deadlines for submitting as active duty but not for a civilian. Does anyone have somewhere I can reference to find this out? Currently on week 8 of waiting for my moral waiver (underage alcohol possession 8 years ago) to process. Ive been told it should be next week and Im hoping thats soon enough for the November board. My WOFT packet is complete aside from that.

• Like 1

Ive found the deadlines for submitting as active duty but not for a civilian. Does anyone have somewhere I can reference to find this out? Currently on week 8 of waiting for my moral waiver (underage alcohol possession 8 years ago) to process. Ive been told it should be next week and Im hoping thats soon enough for the November board. My WOFT packet is complete aside from that.

I had a similar issue with my moral waiver. I waited for a couple months before mine was finally accepted. From what I understand they go through and process waivers a few days before the board. I got a call on Friday that mine had been accepted and the board convened the following Monday.

Good luck everyone. Im on this upcoming board. Hope I get it. Heres some usefull information I picked up, if anybody needs their medical stamp expedited after their physical, give this lady a call ‭(334) 255-0750‬ her name is Nikki she works down in rucker and is really helpful she had mine stamped in less than a week( be polite when you call , shes doing you a favor lol)

Any other civilians on here ? Ps or non ps?

• Like 1