November 2018 Board

Selected.

First, I want to thank Duckhawk for checking the list for me. I couldn't get a hold of my recruiter and Duckawk was actually the one who let me know. Appreciate it!

This has been a long road for me. I'm prior service navy, and was originally trying to fly for them (Wife is still AD Navy), so that route just made sense. Long story short, I took the Navy's flight test and THEN was told that since I'm 32 I'm too old to get an age waiver. Same for Marines and Air Force. So here I am with the Army, which ended up actually being the the best option for me due to the mission. my prior service experiences, and my wife's Joint Service background.

I got selected this cycle and wanted to give back by sharing my metrics. I'm a huge lurker in every forum I'm a part of, very rarely posting anything. That said, this community has helped immensely with tips on studying and just generally knowing where I stood amongst those that have made it prior. I studied the FAA helicopter flying handbook, the Army Fundamentals of Flight book, and found this YouTube channel called "Helicopter Lesson in 10 mins or Less" (or something along those lines) that really helped understand the material in the books. As for Math, Reading, etc., I used the Barron's Military Flight Aptitude Test book. I took the SIFT while I was a full-time college student and stay-at-home dad, so studying went on for a couple months but wasn't as focused as I would've liked it to be.

Also, I'm Prior Service Navy with 6 years of Active service. I got out in Dec. 2013 as an E-5.

Prior Service - Applying as a civilian

277 APFT

114 GT (taken in 2007 w/ASVAB)

56 SIFT

B.A. Business 3.9 GPA

3 LOR's (Active Army O-6 Pilot, Active Army CWO5 Pilot, Retired Navy O-5 and Ex-CO of my Command).

I'm not sure what exactly got me selected over the others as I appear to be fairly average, but maybe sharing this information will help someone along the way.

Also, I put in the required paperwork to get my old rank back - so that's pretty sweet - and will help take the sting away of having to go to BCT again.

Congrats to everyone else who made it and good luck next cycle for everyone else. If there are any questions feel free to ask. I'm happy to help.

30 years old

GT-110

Sift - 59

PFT - 292

4 years prior E-5 USMC

3 LORs (no military,one congressman)

3.0 gpa with 40 credit hours

3.5 hours flight time logged (idk if included in packet)

Did not get September board.

Still no word for this board apparently.

Will put in for Jan board if I do not get it this time around.

However, if I strike out 3 times, Im out.

Selected! I was FQ/NS for the September board. I couldn't be happier! Congrats to the rest who got it!

GT: 120

SIFT: 63

APFT: 260

LoRs: O8(ret), O7(ret, former IP at Rucker, CEO of Army Aviation Heritage Foundation), CW5(ret, 180A, former commandant of SF Warrant Officer Institute), O5(ret, Delta Commander)

School: 32 Credit Hours, poor GPA

Military: None

Flight: None

Physical: Stamped and Qualified

• Like 3

Selected! I was FQ/NS for the September board. I couldn't be happier! Congrats to the rest who got it!

LoRs: O8(ret), O7(ret, former IP at Rucker, CEO of Army Aviation Heritage Foundation), CW5(ret, 180A, former commandant of SF Warrant Officer Institute), O5(ret, Delta Commander)

Congrats Brickle! I was pulling for you. Hopefully I'll get the good news next week as well!

• Like 1

Im hoping I have a class relatively soon . I just got out of the Marine Corps a year ago and usarec shows that anyone who attended Marine basic and combat training and hasnt been out for over 3 years goes straight to wocs so Im praying they can get me a class date reaaaal soon ! Congrats to everyone else who got selected hope to fly with you guys soon !!!

• Like 1

Congrats! I was pulling for you and alex2391 as I recognized your names from the September board.

• Like 2

Selected! Its been almost two years since I first walked into the recruiting office. Do not give up! Thanks to everyone who stay active on these boards. The information here is very helpful.

Glory to God!

GT: 112 or 113

SIFT: 50

APFT: 288

LoRs: CW5 (Active), CW5 (Guard), CW5 (Retired), O5 (Retired), District Congresswoman, High School Principal

School: 23 Credits, 4.0 GPA

• Like 1

Anyone else hear about the federal govt closure on Wednesday? Here's to hoping those active duty results get posted earlier.

The Federal Government will be closed on Wednesday (aside from mission essential personnel) in observance of the passing of President George H.W. Bush.

So I would say if the list is not published by COB tomorrow, we wont see it until Thursday or Friday.