January 2019 Board

Whats the reason if you dont mind me asking.

Appreciate the encouragement mitch.

I cant get my security interview done in time to submit. Despite me asking, recruiters didnt schedule one during meps, fight phys, or sift.

Waited the last 3 weeks for recruiters to schedule an interviewer to call. Recruiters dont know why hes not calling, so they sent me 5 hours away to MEPS during the holidays to do it in person. Come to find they dont do them in person at MEPS and that *we call them* not the other way around.

Finally got to a local recruiter HQ and called. I was denied an interview over a paperwork screw up on Monday, which was the last day to submit as a civilian. Recruiters also hadnt re-ran my background check in 6 months.

Not the first time they have sent on a needless multi-hour drive. It took from June until now to get my recruiters to successfully get me to the MEPS physical, SIFT and flight phys. Mostly bad luck mixed with miscommunication and screw ups.

I get that things happen though, WOFT recruits are a pain, and that they are trying. I certainly know this isnt a fast process for anyone.

Theres always the March board so no worries.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, unless the recruiter has experience and is capable, it all falls on you to do most of the package and to hound him on the stuff you know you'll need but can't do. That's why I always recommend to talk to several recruiters, even if you have to drive far. Hopefully you get all your stuff set up correctly! I'm also going for the March board but my husband just went through the whole process and we learned from his recruiter's mistakes. Which is good for me Lol

Yup I already switched recruiters once. Ive had my end of the packet done since May and am constantly on the horn trying to get them to schedule these things.

In the end its frustrating to miss a board but meaningless in the large scale. Just gives me time to perfect everything for March.

• Like 1

Good afternoon all,

I have to submit my package; however, I require my S-1, WO recruiter, and senior aviator to spot check my package. Once that is complete, how can I look up the updates of my package?

Are you sure? It's s1, csm, and swo, in that order last I checked. I did not contact a recruiter at all until I had already submitted it. You email them and ask the status. Mine said it was board ready the first time I emailed so I talked a recuiter literally once this entire process.

Moral waiver was just approved, it appears I just may make it onto this board. Civilian with no prior service.

ASVAB/GT: 99/143

SIFT: 64

LOR: 03 Blackhawk pilot, 7th SFG 18B, General Manager of job

College: Associate of Arts 2.1GPA (weak point)

PT: 283

Flight time: 115+ hours, Private rotary and fixed

Moral waiver for underage alcohol consumption (8 years ago), and car crash due to hydroplaning.

Any prior Marines notice that the Army calculates GT score differently? Specifically, the Army uses (WK+PC+AR) instead of (VE+AR) to calculate GT. Are our scores automatically updated? I remember telling my recruiter mine was 125 and that being about it.

For sister services, per the checklist you require your REDD and GT conversion.

GT Conversion POC for Marines: Anthony Davis email:thomas.a.davis184.ctr@mail.mil

-you require a memorandum from your command for a request or just email him and see if he will do it.

Good evening,

My flight physical has been approved. My questions is on the physical cover sheet does block E require a stamp as stated, and if so what does the stamp entail? Secondly, on block G do I write the date it was approved, and what it was stamped as e.g. 1w. I want to make sure it is not deficient before I present my package to a senior aviator.