What are my chances of getting picked up at 34 years old?

Im currently 33 years old, but will 34 by the time my packet gets to the board. Im a crew chief for the Apaches, I work with pilots all day who keeps telling me to drop a packet because the army is hurting for pilots. However, Im a little bit concerned because April will make 2 years since Ive been in the army, I joined a bit later on in my life. I spoke to a recruiter and she told me that I have a better chance of getting an age waiver than a time in service waiver, given the fact that I still can offer the army more TIS than someone whose been in over 12 years. Ive been studying for the sift, aiming for the March packet turn in deadline to meet the May board. I have no ailments. 20/20 vision and everything 298 PT score, 12:30 mins run time and the whole works. Im passed up for a 24 year old on a regular basis.

Does anyone know of people getting picked up at this age?

• Like 1

Im currently 33 years old, but will 34 by the time my packet gets to the board. Im a crew chief for the Apaches, I work with pilots all day who keeps telling me to drop a packet because the army is hurting for pilots. However, Im a little bit concerned because April will make 2 years since Ive been in the army, I joined a bit later on in my life. I spoke to a recruiter and she told me that I have a better chance of getting an age waiver than a time in service waiver, given the fact that I still can offer the army more TIS than someone whose been in over 12 years. Ive been studying for the sift, aiming for the March packet turn in deadline to meet the May board. I have no ailments. 20/20 vision and everything 298 PT score, 12:30 mins run time and the whole works. Im passed up for a 24 year old on a regular basis.

Does anyone know of people getting picked up at this age?

I completely agree with the Warrant Officer recruiter you spoke with. You do offer more TIS and with everything else you mentioned, you shouldnt have an issue physically and medically. I was selected with an approved age waiver at the age of 34, Im 35 now, and am currently in hold waiting for common core. I had 7 going on 8 years TIS when I was selected. Its all about how well you can sell yourself and convince the waiver board to approve your waiver. I did my best to state facts/circumstances on why I applied at my age, what I am capable of physically, and why I believe I deserved approval for a waiver. I would definitely submit a packet and see what shakes out!!! Feel free to hit me up with any questions.

My age waiver was denied in July 2018. I was 33 and 4 months at the time of submission. I'm sister service active duty with 9 years. I posted my stats on one of the board discussions (May/July 2018 I believe) if you want to compare numbers. I was told I had a competitive packet by warrant recruitment, etc. The regional warrant recruiter seemed surprised by the decision. I never got a full rundown on reasoning but I suspect it was just bad timing on my part. I called to discuss with multiple contacts with little to no explanation. Waiver status was not decided until week of board. Currently boarding with ARNG this weekend, improved a few items that I could. I'm hopeful. I think you should just submit your packet if you really want to do this, the worst that can happen is getting denied. I haven't given up hope yet. DM if you want to know anything more specific.

• Like 1