SIFT Question/LOR/AFPT

Hey all,

Thanks a bunch for being extremely responsive with answering questions.

I have some questions, one regarding the "Hidden Figures" section of the SIFT, another regarding an LOR, and the AFPT.

1. For the Hidden Figures, I've heard that it can be extremely difficult and most people don't come close to finishing the section. For this section, doesn't it make the most sense to immediately skip a question if you can't quickly identify the shape in the question? In my mind it doesn't make sense to get bogged down on a question and lose valuable time. Is this an option for this section? I've never seen anyone post about it.

2. In terms of an LOR, my Uncle was a captain in the Marines and flew C130's. Can I use him as a LOR, or does the board not like using family members (I am a street to seat candidate, and my Uncle does have a different last name). I also plan on using a current Federal Probation Officer that I interned for in college, and last a CW4 that my recruiter knows.

3. I see other people posting their AFPT score, is this required for civilians as well? If so, where do I get tested for this? I don't remember my recruiter mentioning it to me or seeing it on the USAREC website.

1. You have to choose 1 to proceed if I recall. Wrong answers are counted against you. If you get completely stuck on one of the first few, it's probably best to continue on and try to get a few right.

2. Can't give you a definitive answer on the LOR. I had a friend who was a Marine pilot though in addition to a CW2 army pilot, but this was also for a guard board. I think if you can avoid using a family member that is probably best. Don't try to pass him off as "not" an uncle.

3. Your recruiter will administer an APFT to you, and yes it's required.

1. You have to choose 1 to proceed if I recall. Wrong answers are counted against you. If you get completely stuck on one of the first few, it's probably best to continue on and try to get a few right.

2. Can't give you a definitive answer on the LOR. I had a friend who was a Marine pilot though in addition to a CW2 army pilot, but this was also for a guard board. I think if you can avoid using a family member that is probably best. Don't try to pass him off as "not" an uncle.

3. Your recruiter will administer an APFT to you, and yes it's required.

Thank you. I definitely will not try to pass him off as "not" an uncle if I choose to use him.