According to deadlines, it looks like I'll be in the July board. According to non-deadlines, maybe earlier. What made me want to seek out info about WOFT was my binge-watching of those Green Baggers YouTube videos over and over on WOFT, and there they said Civilians compete against themselves and Active does the same, so it's a 50/50 split between Civvies and Active being selected.

Now I do wonder if that includes the former-service guys into the Civilian pool of applicants.

From my knowledge, prior service civilians, like myself, get looked at with no prior service civilians as well. Green Baggers has some good content, these forums are also a wealth of information, good luck man!

Hello! This is my first post. I am attempting to make the May board. Last thing I need is my flight physical which is scheduled for next week. I feel confident I will pass it but is there any information I can read which will specifically let me know what the doctors will be checking for? Thanks

This might be a little late for you, but anybody else interested in what exactly those dream crushing flight surgeons are looking for you can go to this link and click on the PDF.

Section 4 has all the disqualification information for a Class 1A flight physical.

https://armypubs.army.mil/ProductMaps/PubForm/Details.aspx?PUB_ID=1002549

• Like 1

So Im super close to making the May board, but I cant get a flight physical scheduled. Im trying to get an appointment at Fort Knox and theyre saying that theres a 2-3 month waitlist for appointments. Did anyone else have this issue? What should I do?

Are you be civilian or active duty? Are you traveling to Ft Knox? Or are you in that area? If you're willing to travel they do flight physicals at Ft Rucker every Thursday. That's what I did and I live in Alaska! It'll take some phone calls but it could be done. Other than that I'm not sure :(

Are you be civilian or active duty? Are you traveling to Ft Knox? Or are you in that area? If you're willing to travel they do flight physicals at Ft Rucker every Thursday. That's what I did and I live in Alaska! It'll take some phone calls but it could be done. Other than that I'm not sure :(

Im a civilian and Id be willing to travel. Does my recruiter have to be with me??

This might be a little late for you, but anybody else interested in what exactly those dream crushing flight surgeons are looking for you can go to this link and click on the PDF.

Section 4 has all the disqualification information for a Class 1A flight physical.

https://armypubs.army.mil/ProductMaps/PubForm/Details.aspx?PUB_ID=1002549

dream crushing is right. You're not only required to do a flight medical prior to submitting your packet but repeat it after going through WOCS. And if your shipout date for bct is late, you might need to renew your previous flight physical prior to WOCS... 3 flight medicals ugh

Im a civilian and Id be willing to travel. Does my recruiter have to be with me??

A recruiter needs to be with you. You can try to find an opening out of state and a local recruiter willing to get you on base/checked into medical. I did this and drove 3 states away for mine, but since they knew this I was able to do part 1 and 2 of the flight phys in the same day.

dream crushing is right. You're not only required to do a flight medical prior to submitting your packet but repeat it after going through WOCS. And if your shipout date for bct is late, you might need to renew your previous flight physical prior to WOCS... 3 flight medicals ugh

Is it the class 1A flight physical or just the standard flight physical? I just completed my class 1A flight physical to complete my packet and the guy doing my measurements and such said you only have to complete one 1A physical and after that its just a regular flight physical

• Like 1

That is correct. The first physical or initial is always a pain in the ass. In the military we refer to this as a long physical. Each subsequent annual physical is referred to as a short physical. Unless you have waivers for certain things. Hope that clears it up

• Like 1

Is it the class 1A flight physical or just the standard flight physical? I just completed my class 1A flight physical to complete my packet and the guy doing my measurements and such said you only have to complete one 1A physical and after that its just a regular flight physical

Not sure about this. I am a recent street-to-seat selectee and have not yet experienced firsthand if it is the same

A recruiter needs to be with you. You can try to find an opening out of state and a local recruiter willing to get you on base/checked into medical. I did this and drove 3 states away for mine, but since they knew this I was able to do part 1 and 2 of the flight phys in the same day.

Well I did have my recruiter make my appointment, but when I went in, I went in on my own.

For me when I went to Rucker I got a guest pass and I was able to get in and off base just fine. Definitely do as Seminole did and try to get both part 1 and 2 at the same time. If you don't get that, make sure you get your part scheduled BEFORE you leave after your part one!!! And then once your part two is completed get a copy of your stamped physical. Then take that to your recruiter back home.

It's a long process... I don't know how long you all worked on it but mine took over 18 months. 3 of those were spent at Rucker in part getting this physical. Best of luck to you!

One last thing make sure your recruiter knows you mean business! I had to go through 3 because they weren't as committed to my flight packet as I was. I imagine that some recruiters will just tell you to wait until they can get it scheduled locally, because they don't want to go through the hassle of scheduling your flight physical at Rucker. Don't let them make you wait. If your recruiter isn't willing to make a phone call when you're willing to travel to a different state to get something done you're not on the same page.

Oh hey, I had one of those just today. My packet was done except finishing up the eye exam for the flight phys. I have 20/20 in both eyes, but turns out I guess my left eye is a weird shape, so much that my only option is refractive surgery that "might" fix it or might make it worse, which is expensive and most civilian docs don't want to do since I have 20/20... The docs had never seen something like this before, so you never know I guess. I've got a guaranteed 68w slot as a flight medic in a reserve unit in town, might go that way and have the Army pay for my surgery and cross my fingers..

• Like 1

Oh hey, I had one of those just today. My packet was done except finishing up the eye exam for the flight phys. I have 20/20 in both eyes, but turns out I guess my left eye is a weird shape, so much that my only option is refractive surgery that "might" fix it or might make it worse, which is expensive and most civilian docs don't want to do since I have 20/20... The docs had never seen something like this before, so you never know I guess. I've got a guaranteed 68w slot as a flight medic in a reserve unit in town, might go that way and have the Army pay for my surgery and cross my fingers..

Wait did you already sign?? You know the same thing happened to me 20/20 both eyes but a slight astigmatism in my left eye!! The flight doc at first told me there was nothing I could do but after digging I found out I could have Lasik.

Honestly man from my experience I would do the Lasik right now. Besides the difference between flying and not flying, I had 20/20 and you think well my vision isn't going to get any better it's unnecessary... It does get better I see 20/10 now and you can tell the difference! It's expensive that's true 5.2 Grand total for both eyes. But then you never have to worry about it and you get to fly. And you do it on your terms not just hoping that the military will do it for you. One of those grab life by the horns thing. I could go on, but don't want to clutter the feed. Like I said I literally went through the same thing but I got the Lasik. If you want to know more about what I went through and why I went with Lasik pm me.

No! I was rooting for you on this board!

I am superstitious and refrain from posting information like this but YOLO!

Service: 6 years an Infantryman haha

SIFT: 52

LOR: CW5 Army Aviator, GM of the gym I coach at, and CFII

Flight: 115ish, PPL-Rotorcraft (50ish under instrument and should have that rating soon....hopefully)

APFT: 260ish

ASVAB/GT: 112

Education: 60 hr, 3.6 GPA

Waivers: 1; I shot the wrong bird two waterfowl seasons ago, the ticket was over 300 so I needed a waiver.

I am currently waiting for my physical to be completed and sent to Ft. Rucker. I had to wear a heart monitor for a week after having an irregular EKG reading. The aerodoc really did me a solid letting me take two supplemental heart exams and not giving me a no-go.

So does the physical have to be stamped for a packet to be board ready? That's really the only thing I am sweating right now for the May board.

If anyone is interested in proofing my WOFT essay, slide into my DMs, I would appreciate the help! I have proofed it about 7-10 times but if someone thinks they are on a write track to what a good one looks like or is good at giving criticism, hit me up! Also to burn time, I'd be okay proofing others!

I am superstitious and refrain from posting information like this but YOLO!

Service: 6 years an Infantryman haha

SIFT: 52

LOR: CW5 Army Aviator, GM of the gym I coach at, and CFII

Flight: 115ish, PPL-Rotorcraft (50ish under instrument and should have that rating soon....hopefully)

APFT: 260ish

ASVAB/GT: 112

Education: 60 hr, 3.6 GPA

Waivers: 1; I shot the wrong bird two waterfowl seasons ago, the ticket was over 300 so I needed a waiver.

I am currently waiting for my physical to be completed and sent to Ft. Rucker. I had to wear a heart monitor for a week after having an irregular EKG reading. The aerodoc really did me a solid letting me take two supplemental heart exams and not giving me a no-go.

So does the physical have to be stamped for a packet to be board ready? That's really the only thing I am sweating right now for the May board.

If anyone is interested in proofing my WOFT essay, slide into my DMs, I would appreciate the help! I have proofed it about 7-10 times but if someone thinks they are on a write track to what a good one looks like or is good at giving criticism, hit me up! Also to burn time, I'd be okay proofing others!

are you applying as a street-to-seat or AD?

I don't normally throw it all out there, but in the spirit of this forum I figure i'll share my journey.

Service: 3.5 years, USCG E-5

SIFT: 48

LOR: BC (O-5), CC (O-3), CW3

APFT: 245

ASVAB/GT: 93/130

Education: M.S. Security Studies (3.4ish), B.S. Geography

Waivers: 2; Moral waiver from being caught up in a rough situation at 19 years old. TIS waiver, hoping it gets accepted for personal/family reasons.

Some bright spots and a dark spots on my application. I wanted my essay conveys how much this means to me! APFT and SIFT could've been better but i'm trying my best to get this finished between copious amounts of TDY and deployments.

For anyone struggling on putting their application together, just take it one step at a time. I'm at a unit where we have two admin personnel servicing over 130 deployers who are always going TDY, not to mention none of us have dealt with a potential transfer between services. It's been a great learning experience- and it does get better!

Good luck to all, keep chasing the dream. Hope to see everyone soon.

So I have a question folks. I submitted my packet on 14 March. I haven’t heard anything from my recruiter since 23 March when he didn’t tell me anything about my packet and said he was going on TDY. I’m at a school at Fort Benning, so I can’t just pester him full time. But I’ve been trying daily for the last 10 days to call or make contact via email and his phone is apparently off. I emailed another Warrant Recruiter from a different region today but has anybody dealt with similar scenarios? Is there a chance my packet is already good and moving up?

I've been working meticulously on this packet for nine months. I'm in for the May board.

My stats are as follows:

AFQT/GT: 93/128

SIFT: 59

APFT: 270

Flight Physical: Stamped, no waivers.

Education: 31 semester hours, 3.75 GPA. (Accounting)

Military: SPC (P), 2 years 3 months TIS.

Went to the promotion board for E-5 as soon as I hit my secondary zone.

Airborne

SERE-C (High Risk)

LORs:

O-3 Supervisor

O-3 Company Commander

O-5 Battalion Commander

CW5 UH-60M Pilot

Waivers: None.

Best of luck to everyone.

So I have a question folks. I submitted my packet on 14 March. I haven’t heard anything from my recruiter since 23 March when he didn’t tell me anything about my packet and said he was going on TDY. I’m at a school at Fort Benning, so I can’t just pester him full time. But I’ve been trying daily for the last 10 days to call or make contact via email and his phone is apparently off. I emailed another Warrant Recruiter from a different region today but has anybody dealt with similar scenarios? Is there a chance my packet is already good and moving up?

Have you checked your army email? If you need corrections, you will be notified via email. If your packet is squared you will get a email saying it was forwarded to proponent. After it’s forwarded to proponent, get in touch with any recruiter weekly and they will check the system for any updates on your packet

Just got the news broke to me that my flight physical is g2g, stamp and all. Does this document need to be physically present in my WOFT packet or is it something the board looks up?

I asked the aerodoc how to get a copy of the document he answered with, I dunno. My recruiter luckily is at a recruiter school at Recruiting Command at Ft. Knox and is looking into getting a physical copy. If anyone could enlighten me, I would appreciate it.

Just got the news broke to me that my flight physical is g2g, stamp and all. Does this document need to be physically present in my WOFT packet or is it something the board looks up?

I asked the aerodoc how to get a copy of the document he answered with, I dunno. My recruiter luckily is at a recruiter school at Recruiting Command at Ft. Knox and is looking into getting a physical copy. If anyone could enlighten me, I would appreciate it.

Print out a 3.1. Your flight surgeon will have to stamp it. If he does not have a stamp, he will have to create a memorandum for record stating that your physical is complete. There is a sample of this on the recruiting website. As for the stamped physical from Rucker, it will be a 2808. This can be accessed through the AERO system. It is an online database that tracks the status of your physical. It will also have your stamped physical.

https://vfso.rucker.amedd.army.mil/

For your packet, its imperative you have the 3.1 stamped. They do not simply accept the stamped 2808 from Rucker. At least, this is how it is for the Active Duty side. I would imagine it isnt too different for WOFT applicants. Your Flight Surgeon should be able to see it.

• Like 2

Hey guys ! Packet is officially board ready ! Good luck to my fellow applicants ! Started the process fall of 2017, so dont get too discouraged if the process is taking forever.

SIFT: 59

APFT:265

Flight physical: Approved

Education : 27 Credits 3.0 GPA

Flight Hours : 43 , 14 solo

Military: USAF E-5, 5 Years TIS

LORS: Flight Instructor, O-6 Group Commander , O-6 Wing Commander, CW5 Army Aviator

• Like 1

I have been lurking on this forum for over two years now so this is a long time coming. Going in Monday to tie up all loose ends in my packet and submit.

Civilian Applicant

Education: 102 credit hours towards B.A in Economics 2.7 GPA (Graduate in May)

AFQT/GT: 97/134

SIFT: 55

APFT: 290

Flight: 0

Flight Physical: Stamped

LOR: SCANG CW4, CW2 (Retired), Civilian Boss

Overall I know I definitely lack in some areas, all I can hope for is that my essay and LORs help sell me as a well rounded individual. Good luck to everyone on this board!

Edit: Official Board Ready. This wait feels like an eternity.