Flight School Daily Schedule

As the title suggests, I'm curious how the daily schedule at Rucker is.

I've heard about 4:30 flightline showtime and that you either fly in the AM or PM and have classes the other half of the day.

When is release for the day?

How long is lunch?

Are there microwaves or am I better off bringing a sandwich?

When do I have time to work out?

Will I have time to chill for a day on the weekend every now and again, hang with my classmates for fun?

Interested in your experiences.

common core is back and forth between AM and PM flight line. If you are on AMs and take the first buss back from Cairns, you should have about an hour lunch which is enough to go home for lunch and make it to academies on time if you live on post. PMs is a little different... some days I had a 2 hour lunch, other days you'll be rushing it out of the classroom to get on the bus (depends on the instructor and how long his class goes). They do have microwaves in the bldg and some of us went straight from the bus to the classroom and ate there. Common core days are usually early bus show (something like 0445 or 0500) and be done around 1700. Advanced (64E) is a little more relaxed and shorter days, academics is usually no more than 2 hours either AM or PM and if asked most, if not all academic instructors are willing to push class to the left on no fly, no issue days. When it comes to time off is up to you. If you want to be top 5 and have a great shot at selecting what you want then relaxing time will be somewhat limited. If you are just trying to get through and don't have a preference on airframe you can literally party every weekend and still manage to graduate. Lastly PT is in you and from experience, PLEASE do not slack on it. You'll have time... get some PT in. I neglected PT until the very end of common core and went from a 297 (13 seconds away from a 300) on the WOBC pt test to a FAIL on selection PT test.TIME MANAGEMENT is key! you'll have time to study, workout and have fun if you can properly manage your time.

• Like 2

A mediocre PT score brought me from number one in the class to number four at selection. Don’t blow it off.

My understanding is the PT score is weighted much less than it used to be. I am not sure when you went through, but I want to say it is worth around 2% of your OML now.

Still a factor, but not nearly as bad.

For me the first month of Common Core and Advanced kinda felt like drowning to some extent. Because you are trying to learn everything up front. But after the first phase life kinda calms down some as you begin to focus more on review and the fire hose of information is pulled back a little bit. (Or maybe it was just burn out for me idk)

For me the first month of Common Core and Advanced kinda felt like drowning to some extent. Because you are trying to learn everything up front. But after the first phase life kinda calms down some as you begin to focus more on review and the fire hose of information is pulled back a little bit. (Or maybe it was just burn out for me idk)

would you recommend any type of studying before hand? I know you cant do anything during BCT and WOCS, but before one ships, is it something you would do or go back and do?

• Like 1

I made a folder with some of the basic stuff you can look over if you would like me to send it to you. Problem is you don't know if you'll get 67s or 72s so you can only focus on nonaircraft specific stuff. Also the time between now and when you'll actually start using and understanding it is quite awhile. A lot of the academic stuff didn't make sense to me till I started running over it with my IP.

• 2 weeks later...

I made a folder with some of the basic stuff you can look over if you would like me to send it to you. Problem is you don't know if you'll get 67s or 72s so you can only focus on nonaircraft specific stuff. Also the time between now and when you'll actually start using and understanding it is quite awhile. A lot of the academic stuff didn't make sense to me till I started running over it with my IP.

I heard that by the time, I go to flight school. That it's going to be mostly 72s and the 67s will be for foreign students. Oh I'm interested in that folder too.

Does anyone have a good pt schedule during flight school and how did you manage studying after hours?

Depends if you are on AM or PM flightline. What worked for me was dedicating an hour or two after dinner each night. My wife also had 5s and 9s down pretty good since she would quiz me on them all the time. Friday night until Sunday morning is your time to put it away and decompress a bit.

Does anyone have a good pt schedule during flight school and how did you manage studying after hours?

It all depends on what you want. For me a couple beers at the end of the day was more important than going to the gym. You know when your two PT tests will be so I just worked out a bit for the month prior to each. I studied at lunch with classmates and occasionally after work at someone’s house or the library. Other than that I’d just look through stuff each night at home while enjoying some beers.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...