September Board!

For Civilians, does anyone know about the process for checking board ready status? My recruiter didnt seem to know anything about how to check it when I asked him. He said when we went up to the Battallion level and submitted my packet there meant it would go before the board. Can anyone help shed some light on this? Everything in my packet is done and approved and I just want to make sure that it wont miss the board.

Did you ever get a concrete answer on this? I am in the exact same situation and would like to have some kind of confirmation that my packet will be going to the September board. I pestered my recruiter, and even though he has done several WOFT packets he doesn't seem to know anything about checking Board Ready status. I am happy to follow-up with anyone on my own, but I don't know who to contact. Thanks!

Been lurking for awhile. I'll be on September board (hopefully), active duty coastie here. Only thing left is AFS waiver approval. Based on previous replies looks like I am not the only one. My WO recruiter has been extremely helpful (Pacific region). Nerves are setting in!! Strong group of individuals here, looking forward to meeting you folks.

Been lurking for awhile. I'll be on September board (hopefully), active duty coastie here. Only thing left is AFS waiver approval. Based on previous replies looks like I am not the only one. My WO recruiter has been extremely helpful (Pacific region). Nerves are setting in!! Strong group of individuals here, looking forward to meeting you folks.

So what I would advice, if you are a civilian applicant, is develope a dialog with the Station Commander. Whoever that particular NCO is should know the whereabouts of your packet and the current status. Now there is a type of distro-excel spread sheet looking format your recuiter should have access too with different codes of your packet status, BR being really the only important one (also I use the word should becuase this is my case and could be different for other). Also from my understand waivers do not get approved till I want to say a few days before the board and the recuiter will not be able to see it, again from my understanding it gets approved then directly back into your packet at USAREC. I was given this information by my recuiters station commander. Again develop that dialog with your station commander.

Waivers are reviewed the week before the board. You will receive an email stating approved or denied and then if you are board ready.

As far as the status is concerned. You can email, call, or text your Warrant Recruiter weekly for status updates. They encourage it. I don't know about the civilian side but the status should be reflected somewhere that a normal recruiter with any experience can find or ask for. If they can't get your status they don't know what they are doing.

Just got the email from USAREC. AFS Waiver has been approved and packet is BR. Everyone here should start finding out about their waivers!

Word, thats awesome maybe I'll hear something come monday. I think this thread really beat up talking about waiver issues, hopefully others can stumble on this infomation.

Submitted my packet on August 29th. Battalion commander did not submit it and now is refusing to submit it because the deadline has passed. Unbelievable.

Will the board still look at packets that were submitted past the deadline? I wasn't aware. I submitted mine last week with 1 waiver for the intention of going for the November board.

Hey Everybody!

Just joined VR and just found out I made it into this board

Stats:

APFT: 280

SIFT: 57

ASVAB: 96

GT: 134

Education: B.S. Interdisciplinary Studies (4.0)

LORs (5): Army O-6 recently retired former Apache pilot, Navy O-6 retired civilian flight instructor (taught my ground schools), USMC O-4 former active duty CH-46 pilot and my CFI, A Friend I did volunteer work with, My Pastor.

Flight experience: 202 hours (fixed wing), Private Pilot License, instrument rating, and complex endorsement.

No prior service

No waivers

Good Luck Everyone!

To individuals getting BR status' and waiver approvals updates via email, are yall military applicants or civilian?

I just found out yesterday that I am actually not Board Ready after beening told by the station commander, who I thought was a trust worthy individuals, to find out by recruiter that my packet still needed corrections. This has happened in a previous board, March, being told my packet is 100% BR to last minute rushing to gather information to make corrections weeks before the board. I was told yesterday my medical record update was the absolute last thing, probably not, and that I would find out today about my packet being reviewed. Very frustrating but there is only one real goal, getting a BR status. To any civilian applicant how did yall recieve word of yalls WOFT packets being actually "BR"? Email sounds the most official.

To individuals getting BR status' and waiver approvals updates via email, are yall military applicants or civilian?

I just found out yesterday that I am actually not Board Ready after beening told by the station commander, who I thought was a trust worthy individuals, to find out by recruiter that my packet still needed corrections. This has happened in a previous board, March, being told my packet is 100% BR to last minute rushing to gather information to make corrections weeks before the board. I was told yesterday my medical record update was the absolute last thing, probably not, and that I would find out today about my packet being reviewed. Very frustrating but there is only one real goal, getting a BR status. To any civilian applicant how did yall recieve word of yalls WOFT packets being actually "BR"? Email sounds the most official.

Civilian here...Really sorry to hear that! Unfortunately, I have not got a status update as to if my packet is BR or not. My recruiter just keeps telling me that theres nothing else to do and that since we havent heard anything all is good. Cant seem to find anyone able to check to see if its Board Ready. So I guess Im going into next week hoping its Board Ready, but not entirely sure.

That sucks man. I'm coming from Active Duty. I wasn't originally planning to get BR this month, I was just hoping for an anomaly lol.

Didnt get everything in for the JUL board. Was told today that my packet went to proponent for AFS waiver. Anyone know what's the turnaround on that?

Stats

GT: 117

SIFT: 49

APFT: 290 (consistent +290 range documented)

EDUCATION: Graduate this Saturday with a B.S. with a 3.4 GPA

MILITARY: 11 years, current SOF (4 years)

FLIGHT: None

LORS: Company (O4), BN (O5), and CW5 Aviator (The Aviator LOR is solid)

OTHER INFO: Already have SERE -C Completed, Distinguished Honor Grad at all NCOES, NCOERs are MQ or 1/1.

SELECTED: TBD

Coming from active duty as well (non-Army), I received an email directly from USAREC on 06SEP19 stating my AFS was approved and packet is BR. Some of us in this thread received theirs as well. If your regional WO recruiter hasn't gotten back to you I would recommend calling proponent directly (334) 255-1420 and talking to either Godfrey, Allen R (Randy) CTR or Miller, David Michael CTR and asking for an update on your waiver. I spoke with them a couple months ago when my recruiter was TDY. Very easy going. Hope everything works out, strong stats.