Jump to content

Recommended Posts

My packet was blessed off with board ready status a week after deadline date. Im getting excited for this board, theres a small amount of people on this thread compared to other board dates in my opinion. Good luck yall

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine is still at USAREC G-3 as well. Still waiting on my waivers for age and federal service to go through.

Waivers don't get processed until the week before the board. I was worried about my AFS waiver also, but the recruiter cleared it up after I started shooting emails to them all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waivers don't get processed until the week before the board. I was worried about my AFS waiver also, but the recruiter cleared it up after I started shooting emails to them all.

That might be true for Age/AFS waivers, but my Morale waiver got processed last week. I was a bit surprised because I also had heard that all waivers got processed the week before the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There may have been some particular reason that occurred for this particular board. We will not know. Waivers are normally processed the week before the board convenes. It is pretty consistent if you look back. I would guess it just depends on each board and how many waivers they have to review. Keep in mind we are not the only MOS that submitted but there may not be as many that required waivers etc... I would think that this is a good thing for everyone but I have a hard time getting excited without realizing there are too many variables and so much information that is not disclosed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This post is pertaing to civilian street-to-seat applicants. Stopped by the recuiting office yesterday to update some stuff in my packet. Got eyes on what I think is this recuiting regions list of WOFT applicant. Alot of green "BR" status' which makes me a little nervous. Im still waiting on my waiver for approval, thinking it wont happen till the week before the board. I didnt get any names so please consult your recuiter about that. This is just an update on what I saw, which is looking good for most but of course the only thing that matters are result come this Nov.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2019 at 1:37 PM, texmex11x said:

This post is pertaing to civilian street-to-seat applicants. Stopped by the recuiting office yesterday to update some stuff in my packet. Got eyes on what I think is this recuiting regions list of WOFT applicant. Alot of green "BR" status' which makes me a little nervous. Im still waiting on my waiver for approval, thinking it wont happen till the week before the board. I didnt get any names so please consult your recuiter about that. This is just an update on what I saw, which is looking good for most but of course the only thing that matters are result come this Nov.

"Alot of green "BR" status' which makes me a little nervous." 
What does that mean? I'm a civ NPS.

Also, I know that not everyone who applies to WOFT uses this forum, but does the few number of post pertaining to people posting their stats mean that this is probably going to be a smaller board?

And lastly, since October was the beginning of fiscal year 2020, that would mean the Nov. board is the first WOFT board of fiscal year 2020. Does the Army tend to select more in the beginning year and then lean out as the year goes on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LordByron423 said:

"Alot of green "BR" status' which makes me a little nervous." 
What does that mean? I'm a civ NPS.

Also, I know that not everyone who applies to WOFT uses this forum, but does the few number of post pertaining to people posting their stats mean that this is probably going to be a smaller board?

And lastly, since October was the beginning of fiscal year 2020, that would mean the Nov. board is the first WOFT board of fiscal year 2020. Does the Army tend to select more in the beginning year and then lean out as the year goes on?

Just trying to put it out there that alot of packets are "green", mine isnt at the moment but even if it was or is, it looked like alot of poeple to be competing against, which yes does make me nervous. 

On the real though, last year every civilian board had 20 applicants being accepted no matter the time of year. This is just my assumtion but if I were a beting man, 20 will get picked up this board. This is the first board of the fiscal year as well, got a buddy Im flying with now, who was a Kiowa Mechanic, mention that the ass end of the fiscal year is always the most competitive due to less slots. Now that information, like most found on these threads pertaining this subject matter, is all hear say. No one actually knows why the Army (Board Member) selects who they select. What I do know, the Army makes flying extremely realistic to individuals willing to put in the work and get things done i.e. an application, service, flight school etc. The process just blows a little. Whether your prior service getting civilian training paid for by the VA, Active Army to WOFT or a civilian trying street-to-seat, the Army can get you wings. My bad for the little extra b/s at the end, I really like to fly! 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, texmex11x said:

Just trying to put it out there that alot of packets are "green", mine isnt at the moment but even if it was or is, it looked like alot of poeple to be competing against, which yes does make me nervous. 

On the real though, last year every civilian board had 20 applicants being accepted no matter the time of year. This is just my assumtion but if I were a beting man, 20 will get picked up this board. This is the first board of the fiscal year as well, got a buddy Im flying with now, who was a Kiowa Mechanic, mention that the ass end of the fiscal year is always the most competitive due to less slots. Now that information, like most found on these threads pertaining this subject matter, is all hear say. No one actually knows why the Army (Board Member) selects who they select. What I do know, the Army makes flying extremely realistic to individuals willing to put in the work and get things done i.e. an application, service, flight school etc. The process just blows a little. Whether your prior service getting civilian training paid for by the VA, Active Army to WOFT or a civilian trying street-to-seat, the Army can get you wings. My bad for the little extra b/s at the end, I really like to fly! 

 

Thank you for the clarifications. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's my first look, and here's what I'm working with:

Age: 23
APFT: 280
SIFT: 62
ASVAB/GT: 98/133
Education: B.S. Engineering Technology, 3.98 GPA
-No prior military service
-No flight experience
-No waivers
Physical: Stamped
LoR (4): Retired Army chaplain and current pastor, former engineering internship supervisor, and two college professors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Gun Chief Wu said:

Are there any other commissioned officers on this board?

It's a separate board. There are 3 separate boards for November. Civilian, prior commissioned, and active duty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gravityrideseverything said:

It's a separate board. There are 3 separate boards for November. Civilian, prior commissioned, and active duty.

I get that they’re looking at three different set of folks, I was wondering if there are any commissioned guys on this Nov board. All the traffic and posting I see is street to seat or AD enlisted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gun Chief Wu said:

I get that they’re looking at three different set of folks, I was wondering if there are any commissioned guys on this Nov board. All the traffic and posting I see is street to seat or AD enlisted. 

I would suspect there is considering they only took like 10 last time and supposedly there were 60 applicants. Considering the additional board dates I would think that's highly likely you'll be competing against a solid amount of applicants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gravityrideseverything said:

I would suspect there is considering they only took like 10 last time and supposedly there were 60 applicants. Considering the additional board dates I would think that's highly likely you'll be competing against a solid amount of applicants. 

I was wrong it was 10/50 for January 2019. Someone posted it in an earlier topic for commissioned officer to warrant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, gravityrideseverything said:

I was wrong it was 10/50 for January 2019. Someone posted it in an earlier topic for commissioned officer to warrant.

So you’re saying there’s a chance. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gun Chief Wu,

I’m a commissioned guy competing on this board.  I was FQ-NS on this past January board, staying hopeful for this one. 
 

Age: 33

SIFT: 59

APFT: 300

Mil: Active Duty Army Captain, 9 years TIS, Signal Officer

Civil Ed: BS Criminal Justice, 2.6 GPA

Flight Experience: Fixed Wing PPL

Phys: stamped Qualified

Waiver:  Age and AFCS waivers approved

LOR: Company Commander, Battalion Commander, Night Stalker CW5, Aviation MG 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Steve L said:

Gun Chief Wu,

I’m a commissioned guy competing on this board.  I was FQ-NS on this past January board, staying hopeful for this one. 
 

Age: 33

SIFT: 59

APFT: 300

Mil: Active Duty Army Captain, 9 years TIS, Signal Officer

Civil Ed: BS Criminal Justice, 2.6 GPA

Flight Experience: Fixed Wing PPL

Phys: stamped Qualified

Waiver:  Age and AFCS waivers approved

LOR: Company Commander, Battalion Commander, Night Stalker CW5, Aviation MG 

I didn’t get on the Jan board due to my conditional release not being approved. I’m an Active Duty Capt with 8 years TIS. We’ll see what happens this go around. I hope they take 10 per board and not split the allocation Between the two boards. Good luck, brother. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So when do we think the MILPER is going to be published? With Thanksgiving on Thursday and Friday being a DONSA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eyrk said:

So when do we think the MILPER is going to be published? With Thanksgiving on Thursday and Friday being a DONSA. 

I think it will be out on Tuesday or Wednesday. I would hope it wouldn't get pushed to the next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eyrk said:

So when do we think the MILPER is going to be published? With Thanksgiving on Thursday and Friday being a DONSA. 

Knowing the army, I’m sure they will push it to the week after thanksgiving to send it out. Hurry up and wait lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Gun Chief Wu said:

I didn’t get on the Jan board due to my conditional release not being approved. I’m an Active Duty Capt with 8 years TIS. We’ll see what happens this go around. I hope they take 10 per board and not split the allocation Between the two boards. Good luck, brother. 

Thanks brother, good luck to you as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, eyrk said:

So when do we think the MILPER is going to be published? With Thanksgiving on Thursday and Friday being a DONSA. 

It will most likely be that Wednesday. They’ve been pretty good about posting the lists to HRC the Wednesday after the board. I think only one last year was posted on the following Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...