So my package still isn’t board ready...waiting on age and AFS waivers to go through. When should I panic? I’ve been limiting my calls to the recruiter to once a week. 

24 minutes ago, Gun Chief Wu said:

So my package still isn’t board ready...waiting on age and AFS waivers to go through. When should I panic? I’ve been limiting my calls to the recruiter to once a week. 

I've heard of waivers being approved the Friday before the board.

Yeah I hate knowing that that is how things are done. I get it "Army" drive on but I hate waiting till the last actual minute to find something like that out. Happened two mean last three board, hopefully you don't have the same fate, but what it really boiled down to was lack of communication between recruiter, third parties and myself. I am waiting on my waiver to be approved as well still on my first look. Everything is BR from a contact I have at USAREC but my status is "white" pending waiver. I know that yellow means that things need to be updated or added or missing and green BR is the Holy Grail. If anyone with this knowledge can add to this "white" status that would be cool. I think what will happen is that it gets approved the Friday before and I get a chance to be looked at or Im SOL and I wait another two months. 

20 minutes ago, texmex11x said:

Yeah I hate knowing that that is how things are done. I get it "Army" drive on but I hate waiting till the last actual minute to find something like that out. Happened two mean last three board, hopefully you don't have the same fate, but what it really boiled down to was lack of communication between recruiter, third parties and myself. I am waiting on my waiver to be approved as well still on my first look. Everything is BR from a contact I have at USAREC but my status is "white" pending waiver. I know that yellow means that things need to be updated or added or missing and green BR is the Holy Grail. If anyone with this knowledge can add to this "white" status that would be cool. I think what will happen is that it gets approved the Friday before and I get a chance to be looked at or Im SOL and I wait another two months. 

Unfortunately I won’t get a second look. I’m up for orders in January and will have to execute orders summer 2020. This is it for me. I will say that the recruiters I’m working with (Frye and Sanchez) are on point. They’re very professional and quick to reply to emails and answer/return calls. 

2 hours ago, texmex11x said:

As active duty, none of our packet goes through a recruiter generally speaking as we send it to a "bang list" email address. It is QA'd by civilian contractors and either moved forward or backward based upon proper completion. The civilian process and timeline is completely different. 

2 hours ago, Gun Chief Wu said:

Unfortunately I won’t get a second look. I’m up for orders in January and will have to execute orders summer 2020. This is it for me. I will say that the recruiters I’m working with (Frye and Sanchez) are on point. They’re very professional and quick to reply to emails and answer/return calls. 

Dude, call aviation proponent. I will DM you a POC.

31 minutes ago, gravityrideseverything said:

As active duty, none of our packet goes through a recruiter generally speaking as we send it to a "bang list" email address. It is QA'd by civilian contractors and either moved forward or backward based upon proper completion. The civilian process and timeline is completely different. 

Thats whats up!

Well guys, count me out for the next calender year. Just got notified that my waiver was denied. Im a little flabbergasted by this considering the reason for my waiver but then again I the only one to blame at the end of the day. Hopefully my attitudes to being an Army pilot is still the same this time next year that is if a student pilot hasnt killed me lol. I will have to restart everything from the beginning once next Nov comes about, hopfully to not get denied. Anyways good luck to all! 

15 minutes ago, texmex11x said:

Well guys, count me out for the next calender year. Just got notified that my waiver was denied. Im a little flabbergasted by this considering the reason for my waiver but then again I the only one to blame at the end of the day. Hopefully my attitudes to being an Army pilot is still the same this time next year that is if a student pilot hasnt killed me lol. I will have to restart everything from the beginning once next Nov comes about, hopfully to not get denied. Anyways good luck to all! 

Sorry to hear that man! I had to dig into your post history, and your situation leaves me a bit confused as well. They didn't email you a disposition explaining their denial?

43 minutes ago, Shibagod said:

Sorry to hear that man! I had to dig into your post history, and your situation leaves me a bit confused as well. They didn't email you a disposition explaining their denial?

Im waiting for my recuiter to email me the denial memo. One of two thing one from my recuiter and one from a USAREC NCO; one (recuiter paraphrase), memo stated something like there was enough applicants with approved waiver that the need for more was unnecessary (something to that affect but Im skeptical about it), two (USAREC NCO) my incidient was two years pretty much to date and that could have been the disqualifier. Im going to send out an email to the POC on the memo and get the full picture. 

I beat myself up for shooting that damn bird but hey I pulled the trigger, Ill be the first to take complete ownership of it, its common in the waterfowl hunting community, which is why I didnt think it would be this big of a deal. Then again I know people get waivers approved for far worse violations. After conducting some research on my offense and from what I can remember the day I got cited, it was a Class C Misdameanor. 

Now I have to try and find a flight instructor gigg soon. Alot of people bash on Army Aviation and hey somethings might be true. Ill tell you this, as a former E5 Infantryman who knows what true Army suck is, that paycheck did me good, I was looking so forward to this too. Anyways rant over!

2 hours ago, texmex11x said:

Im waiting for my recuiter to email me the denial memo. One of two thing one from my recuiter and one from a USAREC NCO; one (recuiter paraphrase), memo stated something like there was enough applicants with approved waiver that the need for more was unnecessary (something to that affect but Im skeptical about it), two (USAREC NCO) my incidient was two years pretty much to date and that could have been the disqualifier. Im going to send out an email to the POC on the memo and get the full picture. 

I beat myself up for shooting that damn bird but hey I pulled the trigger, Ill be the first to take complete ownership of it, its common in the waterfowl hunting community, which is why I didnt think it would be this big of a deal. Then again I know people get waivers approved for far worse violations. After conducting some research on my offense and from what I can remember the day I got cited, it was a Class C Misdameanor. 

Now I have to try and find a flight instructor gigg soon. Alot of people bash on Army Aviation and hey somethings might be true. Ill tell you this, as a former E5 Infantryman who knows what true Army suck is, that paycheck did me good, I was looking so forward to this too. Anyways rant over!

For the reasoning about limited waivers, I can kind of see that. From what I understand, they are only able to hand out a certain amount of waivers distributed throughout the boards. It could very well be that they -would- have waived your incident if the pool of applicants was different.

I take it you are currently a back seater? FI gig is nice too, that would have been my fallback plan. Lol

1 hour ago, Shibagod said:

For the reasoning about limited waivers, I can kind of see that. From what I understand, they are only able to hand out a certain amount of waivers distributed throughout the boards. It could very well be that they -would- have waived your incident if the pool of applicants was different.

I take it you are currently a back seater? FI gig is nice too, that would have been my fallback plan. Lol

Back seater? Naw Im just at the ass end of my civilian flight training and will be on the employment market soon. I just hope my attitude for Army flight is the same after reaching 1000hr civilian flight time. At that point I might get to caught up in the civilian aviation life. When I say it has been a life dream of mine to fly Army, I mean it. More than likely Ill be back. Could you elaborate on the "limited waivers" topic?

25 minutes ago, texmex11x said:

Back seater? Naw Im just at the ass end of my civilian flight training and will be on the employment market soon. I just hope my attitude for Army flight is the same after reaching 1000hr civilian flight time. At that point I might get to caught up in the civilian aviation life. When I say it has been a life dream of mine to fly Army, I mean it. More than likely Ill be back. Could you elaborate on the "limited waivers" topic?

Ah sorry, I thought you were talking about becoming a Flight Instructor as a Crewmember.

As for the waivers, this is just something I've heard, but I think G1 (or whoever approves waivers) is only allowed a certain amount per year/or board. I hope someone can weight in on this. I'd like to think they didn't waive you purely out of numbers rather than principle.

1 hour ago, texmex11x said:

Well don’t sweat it too much, I know flying is hard in civilian world because it’s a lot more money but at least you won’t have to deal with all the additional duties that warrant officer are tasked with hahah. I know so many that spend more time doing their additional duties than flying. 

8 hours ago, texmex11x said:

That's a bummer. After a waiver denial, does that keep you from applying for the January board?

1 hour ago, parking said:

That's a bummer. After a waiver denial, does that keep you from applying for the January board?

I was denied last year and the letter stated that I would be allowed to resubmit one year from date of memo unless you can provide dramatic changes to circumstances for denial. You have to submit a waiver citing the circumstances to submit your waiver(s) prior to the full year. I waited the full year and improved everything within my control and my waivers were approved last month. It can be done. Don't lose all hope. 

• Like 1

So quick update cause I would hate to hear about someone in a similar situation I was previously in concerning moral waivers. 

I will take ownership in not doing enough in arming myself with knowledge to better navigate this situation. My memo contained to arguements as two why my waiver was denied.

First, was that my waiver "did not contain compelling content to support a moral waiver in accordance with AR 135-100." I would highly recommend anyone submitting a moral waiver to look up this regulation. After reading portions of this, I have a better understanding of what should have been mentioned in the waiver request (my written statement about my waiver). I dont think they spend much time going through the whole packet and all that was mentioned in the memo was my higher education success and prior military service. Going back if I were to have known this, I would have written more than just a 5 sentence paragraph explaining my situation and mentioned my Commercial-Instrument and Instructor Rotorcraft rating endeavors.

Does anyone that has had a moral waiver approved fimiliar with this AR?

Second, due to not having compelling information with regard to that AR, it was also mentioned that an adequate number of board packets are being considered for selection not requireing a waiver for mandatory prerequisite, therefore I will have to wait a year to reapply. 

All in all, I made a mistake two years ago hunting, it was not out of neglect or malpractive and am paying the price for it. Pilots take learning from other pilots mistakes to a new level. Hearing stories of an altimeter setting being 50' to low and pilots succumbing to CFIT mortifies me. I hope my situation can get some of yall woke and do what needs to get done for that coveted FQ-S status. 

6 hours ago, texmex11x said:

Does anyone that has had a moral waiver approved fimiliar with this AR?

I had a moral waiver approved for my packet. I have actually never looked into that AR. I simply had a general understanding of what I needed to do from the USAREC site and my CW5's guidance. I essentially had a 2 page memo fully explaining what happened, what I learned from it, and how I apply those lessons learned now. I made sure to include every single supporting document related to my case, which ended up being a few dozen PDF files.

11 hours ago, texmex11x said:

Going back if I were to have known this, I would have written more than just a 5 sentence paragraph explaining my situation and mentioned my Commercial-Instrument and Instructor Rotorcraft rating endeavors.

Waivers are near and dear to my heart. You should have a sample WOFT packet pdf from your recruiter or from USAREC's page to go off of for guidance. Near the bottom are the guidelines that spell out what is asked for in a waiver (prereq, moral, age/AFS). It highlights are those items you just mentioned:

1. " This ETP request will not go before the selection board once approved. Please use as
much space as required to give all the information. A short and simple approach
may cause a returned request."

2. Mention what you offer to the Army that can be a mitigating circumstance to your waterfowl foul (special experience, skillsets, etc.)

Sounds like you have time, so rebuild that packet and use the sample as an example for next year. Good luck!

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:09 AM, Shibagod said:

I've heard of waivers being approved the Friday before the board.

I sincerely hope this is the case.

My packet has been "at proponent" for Three Weeks, and I still haven't received a "Board Ready" email, so I'm starting to freak out a bit.

-------------------------------------------------

AD SSG (Special Operations Civil Affairs)

10y TIS (Need Waiver)

61 SIFT

127 GT

288 APFT

CW4 LOR

RC AV MAJ LOR

-----------------------------------------------

Good luck, everyone! Spent 11 months assembling this packet. Removed it from the hands of one recruiting office and into the hands of an individual who was more familiar and driven to see me through the process. Wasn’t easy. Still not over but for those of you catching snags, it can be done. 

GT: 121

SIFT: 55

APFT: 278

Education: BS CJ 3.1 GPA

LOR: Employers, Pilot, O3. 

Couldn’t have done much of this without this forum. Thank you all!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MTrexler90 said:

Good luck, everyone! Spent 11 months assembling this packet. Removed it from the hands of one recruiting officer and into the hands of an individual who was more familiar and driven to see me through the process. Wasn’t easy. Still not over but for those of you catching snags, it can be done. 

GT: 121

SIFT: 55

APFT: 278

Education: BS CJ 3.1 GPA

LOR: Employers, Pilot, O3. 

Couldn’t have done much of this without this forum. Thank you all!

Great job getting it together and sifting through be the BS. Great decision to take charge of your packet. This process is not easy, good luck next week!

• Like 1

Hello everyone I don’t know exactly where to post this because I’m quite new to these forums, but I’ve been preparing for the SIFT for almost a month now and haven’t talked to a recruiter yet but I am tomorrow. Is there any tips that I should know before going in and starting the packet ? If there is a better place to post this any reference to there would be appreciated. 

16 hours ago, JosiahDH said:

Hello everyone I don’t know exactly where to post this because I’m quite new to these forums, but I’ve been preparing for the SIFT for almost a month now and haven’t talked to a recruiter yet but I am tomorrow. Is there any tips that I should know before going in and starting the packet ? If there is a better place to post this any reference to there would be appreciated. 

This specific thread is for people competing on the Army Warrant Officer 153A board this week, so not exactly the best place for getting any help for a new packet. I would browse through the numerous pages in this (general military) forum. You will find an endless amount questions and answers exactly like your situation. If you can't find your specific situation previously addressed, throw your questions into a new topic and post that sh*t. Most people on here are extremely helpful. Be aware that there are several types of applicants for Army Warrant Officer (Active, Guard, Reserve, etc.) If you have a specific question, you may want to disclose more information about you specifically. Civilian WOFT and active duty applicants are sold separately. By the way, we all start in the same place trying to figure out this craziness. Good luck dude, you have a long way to go!

• Thanks 1