Jump to content

Recommended Posts

o the date I looked up for this board said it starts today and finishes on the 22nd. How soon after that will decisions be made and people be notified of selection? I am a civilian applicant btw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LordByron423 said:

o the date I looked up for this board said it starts today and finishes on the 22nd. How soon after that will decisions be made and people be notified of selection? I am a civilian applicant btw.

It’s hard to say. From the previous boards and forms I’ve read some people were notified the Tuesday following the board. Meanwhile AD waits for the MILPER message to be released the following Wednesday. 
I know I’m anxious and excited to see the results but you just got to have patience for these things, the board just started.

Wishing the best for all of you on the November board! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jlopez13 said:

Hoping for early results. There's always someone who finds out on Tuesday or early Wednesday.

That seems super early!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Shibagod said:

That seems super early!

Oh, for sure! But the last 3 civilian boards I've had friends find out on Tuesday from their recruiters. That's all I'm hoping for but definitely not expecting it. Just very excited for the result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Jlopez13 said:

Oh, for sure! But the last 3 civilian boards I've had friends find out on Tuesday from their recruiters. That's all I'm hoping for but definitely not expecting it. Just very excited for the result.

I was actually notified on Tuesday for the September board. Unfortunately, I was not selected last board, so I’m in the waiting game again this week. Hoping we hear something today! Good luck to everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was just notified my packet could not be processed. I’ve heard the horror stories but didn’t expect it to happen to me. As mentioned on the previous page, I moved my packet from one office and into the hands of someone I trusted. It should comes as no surprise that the initial office goofed and I find myself shocked anyway. My BP was too high at MEPS. You can call it “white coat syndrome”. Anyway, they handed me a waiver and I had it completed by a clinic of my choice and submitted right away. After two weeks of hounding the recruiter, he finally gave me his word that it had been cleared and I was good to go. Fast forward to today, and the document was never cleared. Supposedly never submitted. I now wait for January. A shame this is even a thing when my flight physical BP reading was 122/78. 
 

What can ya do. Can’t dwell on it. Good luck, folks. January it is. 
 

edit: there’s a lot of evidence supporting my case. I’ve made that all available to my current recruiter. He plans to take it up to leadership. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MTrexler90 said:

Was just notified my packet could not be processed. I’ve heard the horror stories but didn’t expect it to happen to me. As mentioned on the previous page, I moved my packet from one office and into the hands of someone I trusted. It should comes as no surprise that the initial office goofed and I find myself shocked anyway. My BP was too high at MEPS. You can call it “white coat syndrome”. Anyway, they handed me a waiver and I had it completed by a clinic of my choice and submitted right away. After two weeks of hounding the recruiter, he finally gave me his word that it had been cleared and I was good to go. Fast forward to today, and the document was never cleared. Supposedly never submitted. I now wait for January. A shame this is even a thing when my flight physical BP reading was 122/78. 
 

What can ya do. Good luck, folks. January it is. 

Sorry to hear that. Paperwork is the bane of the WOFT process. I almost didn't make this board because my recruiters had not put in the letter that you get at MEPS when you take the SIFT. Luckily they caught it in time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LordByron423 said:

Sorry to hear that. Paperwork is the bane of the WOFT process. I almost didn't make this board because my recruiters had not put in the letter that you get at MEPS when you take the SIFT. Luckily they caught it in time. 

Wow! Good for you, sir. Wishing you the best! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Jlopez13 said:

Heard the list is out for civilians. Can anyone verify or check?

I don't have access to the list but I just got word from my recruiter that I was selected! Good luck to the rest of you! My stats for anyone interested

Age: 27

ASVAB/GT: 69/111

SIFT: 60

APFT: 263

Education: 61 credits towards B.S. aerospace science 3.35 gpa

Prior service: 5 years AD USMC avionics tech on CH-53Es 

LORs: O3 (prior avi CWO), O4 USMC pilot, Army CW4

Physical: stamped no waivers

No flight time

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got word from my recruiters that I was selected on my first look! It's been a crazy long process to get here! Tried for 3 boards before this and missed them all because of various administrative issues! Never posted my stats that I applied with at the beginning of this thread so I'll put them here for you all!

Age: 22

SIFT: 61

ASVAB/GT: 95/135

AFPT: 250

Education: BA in Communications Studies 2.5 GPA, HS Diploma 3.5 GPA

LOR: My PPL IP (16,000 hour 737 pilot), National Guard O7, Retired National Guard O7 (I know all three personally)

Physical is stamped with no waivers

No prior service, 45 flight hours towards a PPL

Planning on swearing in on Monday! (currently a teacher would do it tomorrow if I could but I've got to wait for Thanksgiving break) I hope you all get some good news soon! 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, benji_the_miller said:

Just got word from my recruiters that I was selected on my first look! It's been a crazy long process to get here! Tried for 3 boards before this and missed them all because of various administrative issues! Never posted my stats that I applied with at the beginning of this thread so I'll put them here for you all!

Age: 22

SIFT: 61

ASVAB/GT: 95/135

AFPT: 250

Education: BA in Communications Studies 2.5 GPA, HS Diploma 3.5 GPA

LOR: My PPL IP (16,000 hour 737 pilot), National Guard O7, Retired National Guard O7 (I know all three personally)

Physical is stamped with no waivers

No prior service, 45 flight hours towards a PPL

Planning on swearing in on Monday! (currently a teacher would do it tomorrow if I could but I've got to wait for Thanksgiving break) I hope you all get some good news soon! 

 

Congrats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, benji_the_miller said:

Just got word from my recruiters that I was selected on my first look! It's been a crazy long process to get here! Tried for 3 boards before this and missed them all because of various administrative issues! Never posted my stats that I applied with at the beginning of this thread so I'll put them here for you all!

Age: 22

SIFT: 61

ASVAB/GT: 95/135

AFPT: 250

Education: BA in Communications Studies 2.5 GPA, HS Diploma 3.5 GPA

LOR: My PPL IP (16,000 hour 737 pilot), National Guard O7, Retired National Guard O7 (I know all three personally)

Physical is stamped with no waivers

No prior service, 45 flight hours towards a PPL

Planning on swearing in on Monday! (currently a teacher would do it tomorrow if I could but I've got to wait for Thanksgiving break) I hope you all get some good news soon! 

 

You give me hope. Congrats! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Selected - 1st look - missed the September board due to eye waiver

Age: 19

ASVAB/GT: 92/127

SIFT: 49

AFPT: 300

Education: AS Professional Pilot Technology GPA 3.8

LOR: All retired - Army Major - Pilot, Marine LTC - Pilot, Air Force Major - Pilot, Army LTC - Pilot, WO3 Pilot, WO4 Pilot

Physical stamped - eye waiver (vision ok 20/25 - shape, not so much, minor astigmatism)

Flight: Commercial Pilot license

Military: None

Good luck everyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, kidd23 said:

Selected - 1st look - missed the September board due to eye waiver

Age: 19

ASVAB/GT: 92/127

SIFT: 49

AFPT: 300

Education: AS Professional Pilot Technology GPA 3.8

LOR: All retired - Army Major - Pilot, Marine LTC - Pilot, Air Force Major - Pilot, Army LTC - Pilot, WO3 Pilot, WO4 Pilot

Physical stamped - eye waiver (vision ok 20/25 - shape, not so much, minor astigmatism)

Flight: Commercial Pilot license

Military: None

Good luck everyone

Congrats! Man its a good feeling!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw the selection list, just got back from my recruiter's office. 47 civilian applicants on this board, 20 were selected. 
AVGs: APFT 265, SIFT 57, GPA 3.3
6 had PPLs
1 had post grad degree
6 B.S.
3 A.S.
12 H.S. diploma (the numbers aren't going to add up to 20 because everyone with a degree beyond H.S. diploma will also be included with those who have a H.S. diploma)


I was not selected on first look. My stats are listed below. For those that were selected on 2nd look, what did you guys do to improve your packet? Right off the back I know I need to greatly improve my APFT score. How much do you think GPA factors in selection if you had to speculate. Mine is 2.3 for an A.S. in Engineering, which is one of the two weak point I think my packet has, the other being the low APFT.

Age: 29

GT: 131
SIFT: 54
APFT: 233 (in my first post I typed 273 by mistake)
Military: None
Civilian Ed: A.S. Engineering
Flight: Demo ride in R44 Helicopter
Physical: Stamped.
Waivers: Medical (shoulder surgery)
LOR:
O8 RADM (ret) who flew F-14s and F-18s
O6 Army Colonel (reserves) lawyer
O6 Army Colonel 
(ret)Military intel
My U.S. Congressman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LordByron423 said:

I saw the selection list, just got back from my recruiter's office. 47 civilian applicants on this board, 20 were selected. 
AVGs: APFT 265, SIFT 57, GPA 3.3
6 had PPLs
1 had post grad degree
6 B.S.
3 A.S.
12 H.S. diploma (the numbers aren't going to add up to 20 because everyone with a degree beyond H.S. diploma will also be included with those who have a H.S. diploma)


I was not selected on first look. My stats are listed below. For those that were selected on 2nd look, what did you guys do to improve your packet? Right off the back I know I need to greatly improve my APFT score. How much do you think GPA factors in selection if you had to speculate. Mine is 2.3 for an A.S. in Engineering, which is one of the two weak point I think my packet has, the other being the low APFT.

Age: 29

GT: 131
SIFT: 54
APFT: 233 (in my first post I typed 273 by mistake)
Military: None
Civilian Ed: A.S. Engineering
Flight: Demo ride in R44 Helicopter
Physical: Stamped.
Waivers: Medical (shoulder surgery)
LOR:
O8 RADM (ret) who flew F-14s and F-18s
O6 Army Colonel (reserves) lawyer
O6 Army Colonel 
(ret)Military intel
My U.S. Congressman

Do you know if the officer board is done as well? I’m on this board as inter-service Officer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, LordByron423 said:

I saw the selection list, just got back from my recruiter's office. 47 civilian applicants on this board, 20 were selected. 
AVGs: APFT 265, SIFT 57, GPA 3.3
6 had PPLs
1 had post grad degree
6 B.S.
3 A.S.
12 H.S. diploma (the numbers aren't going to add up to 20 because everyone with a degree beyond H.S. diploma will also be included with those who have a H.S. diploma)


I was not selected on first look. My stats are listed below. For those that were selected on 2nd look, what did you guys do to improve your packet? Right off the back I know I need to greatly improve my APFT score. How much do you think GPA factors in selection if you had to speculate. Mine is 2.3 for an A.S. in Engineering, which is one of the two weak point I think my packet has, the other being the low APFT.

Age: 29

GT: 131
SIFT: 54
APFT: 233 (in my first post I typed 273 by mistake)
Military: None
Civilian Ed: A.S. Engineering
Flight: Demo ride in R44 Helicopter
Physical: Stamped.
Waivers: Medical (shoulder surgery)
LOR:
O8 RADM (ret) who flew F-14s and F-18s
O6 Army Colonel (reserves) lawyer
O6 Army Colonel 
(ret)Military intel
My U.S. Congressman

I was also really worried about my GPA, its not stellar in an area that gets made of for how "easy" it is (I will defend my degree till the day I die Communications Studies was not easy). I know they really want to see who you are as a person, I've heard they really like LORs that know you personally, a good APFT, and a good essay now that they have eliminated the interview. I know for sure that a lot of people have to board more than once before selection so that is not a rare circumstance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I stayed up last night thinking of ways I can improve my packet for my 2nd look. The next board meets in Jan 2020. I'm going to take a few flight instruction classes. The price for it is a bit steep so I could probably only do 2 or maybe 3 between now and Jan. My question to the guys that have a PPL already is this. I keep reading things about ground instruction and  the FAA Knowledge test. What exactly is that and if I were to take and pass the FAA Knowledge Test do I get a certificate? Something like that would be great to include in my improved packet. 

Also I'm training harder and smarter to take another APFT in Jan right before I submit my packet again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...