November 2019 Board

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:09 PM, Gun Chief Wu said:

Im hoping to be on this board as well. Im a long time lurker of the page. I applied for the Jan board but was ultimately not considered since I did not get a conditional release/resignation from HQMC. Heres what Im rolling the dice on.

GT: 119

SIFT: 56

APFT: taking it tomorrow, Im a 270ish guy as a Marine

Mil: Active Duty Marine Captain, 8 years TIS

Mil experience: Aircraft Maintenance Officer, I have experience with both rotary and fix wing aircraft. I have one MEU deployment

Civil Ed: BS in Aero from Embry-Riddle

Phys: stamped with ETF for hearing loss

Waiver: two more ETFs req for age and AFS

LOR: Marine Col and two Majs. I also have one from an Army CWO4 pilot

Im wishing for the best. I extended on station and will not have a say in orders if not selected when I PCS. A lot of things had to fall into place for this opportunity. Good luck everyone.

How hard was the AFS waiver to get? I'm looking at possibly needing one, and/or a time on contract waiver depending on what board I go for.

Hopefully you get a look on the May board. Sounds like second time around is the lucky one.  

9 hours ago, 06butters said:

How hard was the AFS waiver to get? I'm looking at possibly needing one, and/or a time on contract waiver depending on what board I go for.

Hopefully you get a look on the May board. Sounds like second time around is the lucky one.  

I just wrote a letter per the format given and got it immediately. I submitted my package a day before the deadline and it got stamped approved a week later. The approval notification and return of the package as board ready took a little longer. The routing to and from takes a bit of time 

10 hours ago, 06butters said:

The best way to write the request is in a way that the Army reads it as it would benefit them. They do not care how it will benefit you. What can you bring to the Army Warrant Cohort? Why should you specifically be exempt from policy?

My memos for age and AFS were almost identical and only about 2 paragraphs long. Each memo briefly explained my goals and why I was over the limit. I also detailed my physical fitness and mental aptitude. This should not be a "cry me a river" letter. Everyone has reasons why they cannot do something.

If you require a moral ETP it will need to be as detailed as possible as well as have any and all supporting documents. Do not treat these requests the same. 

13 minutes ago, Luckylife64 said:

For those of you that are Active Duty, when you added your college transcript to your package did you submit the transcript that you received from your school or the one you received from your education office? And did you add your elective classes to the overall total of college credits?

I submitted the transcript directly from my school. All of my credits are from the same school so the total credits on the transcript did include electives. But even if you have multiple schools you can and should include electives in the total. 

2 hours ago, Luckylife64 said:

For those of you that are Active Duty, when you added your college transcript to your package did you submit the transcript that you received from your school or the one you received from your education office? And did you add your elective classes to the overall total of college credits?

I scanned the official transcripts that I requested from my schools. Since I had 2 schools I attended, I attached both. The most recent one had accumulated transfer hours from the first. And electives were included, along with the military training conversion.

Edit: Also, starting to think no Milper message today for everyone still waiting; unless they publish it closer towards COB.

12 minutes ago, Patr1ots8 said:

I was unofficially told I was selected today. For those who don’t know their status I would encourage you to call recruiters. From how our convo went it sounds like the list may not even be out tomorrow.

What exactly did they say about the list? It's quite confusing that a list of names that have already been selected is taking this long to release. There is an "unofficial" list. The only reason that list isn't "official" is because it is not public knowledge or posted on HRC. This sh*t is annoying.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gravityrideseverything said:

What exactly did they say about the list? It's quite confusing that a list of names that have already been selected is taking this long to release. There is an "unofficial" list. The only reason that list isn't "official" is because it is not public knowledge or posted on HRC. This sh*t is annoying.

I guess some recruiters were emailed that HRC is going to get it out “hopefully by the end of the week”. And yeah i’m normally all about waiting it out but the time frame given on the website has already passed so I figured it was fair game to call people.

17 minutes ago, gravityrideseverything said:

I'm not sure exactly what the hold up is. My recruiter called me on Nov. 25 and told me I was selected. So they have known at least that long. 

2 minutes ago, Cavscout3030 said:

I'm not sure exactly what the hold up is. My recruiter called me on Nov. 25 and told me I was selected. So they have known at least that long. 

Yeah, I was notified on Nov. 22 but hearing it over the phone and seeing it on paper are two different things. I just want to move on to the next step.

• Like 1