January Board

9 hours ago, Silverfox said:

Getting my packet ready for January. Haven’t gotten into anything yet, I’m a civilian. My recruiter wants to rush it for January board, told me next  board will mayybe be in June so better for me to try it out for January and then just enlist if I dont get selected, wait for June  and try again (yea sure). Anyone aware of a board schedule between January and June? Is he just trying to make me fail to enlist and THeENd.?... probably. 
Any chance  to get the whole packet ready in less than two months? I’ve been studying/training for a while and got some Lors on the way. Just couldn’t find an actual recruiter.

thanks

January / March / May / July / September... Etc. Happens every other month. Check out the warrant officer recruiting page. Schedule is the same for civilian just different submission timeline. Your recruiter may not know everything about the process. 

Thought so too, yes I looked up the board schedule. I’m in Alaska was wondering if maybe they have less boards up there. But I guess he’s just trying to make me rush so that I’ll failed and then he’ll get me to enlist. 
Guess I’ll just keep looking for a good recruiter...

I’m not gonna rush it.

2 hours ago, Silverfox said:

Thought so too, yes I looked up the board schedule. I’m in Alaska was wondering if maybe they have less boards up there. But I guess he’s just trying to make me rush so that I’ll failed and then he’ll get me to enlist. 

I’m not gonna rush it.

You're location ultimately doesn't matter since all packets are submitted and boarded together by USAREC.

3 hours ago, Silverfox said:

I’m not gonna rush it.

Are you attempting active duty or National Guard?

Round two was FQ-NS for November 

GT: 118

SIFT: 54

APFT: 292

Military: Active duty E-6, 7 years TIS 

Mil experience: no flight time, 1 operational deployment, 4 duty stations. 

Civ Ed: 38 hours, 3.66 GPA 

Physical: stamped no waivers

LOR: O-3 CDR, O-5 BN CDR, CW3 UH-60 Pilot, CW5 MH-47 Pilot w/160th 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Silverfox said:

Right. So he’s lying. He literally told me next board 25th of January then have to wait for June.

I don't think anyone thought he was lying. It was unclear whether you were referring to active or NG. Best source for NG would be your state's WOSM (Warrant Officer Strength Manager). 

https://www.nationalguard.com/contacts/wosm

The process is completely different for National Guard which is why it was important to know which you were applying for. Each state conducts their boards their own way outlined within manuals pertaining to the process. I would say get your sh*t together as fast as possible for the next National Guard board and see what happens. The worst that happens is you have to tighten up and try again on the next one. At best you get selected and go to WOCS. You can also consider a packet for active duty as many of the requirements are the same.

Shoot me a message if you like. I went through a NG board this January and was selected before I opted to go Active Duty. My board was both the State and Federal Recognition board all in one. I'm not sure if all states do this. You can also search around on here as many have posted about the NG specific process. 

I'm going for my 2nd look on the Jan board. In the email I got saying I was FQ-NS from the Nov board, it said that any updates to my packet needed to be submitted "no later than 15 days prior to the selection board." The board meets on Jan 13th. However the website (https://recruiting.army.mil/ISO/AWOR/BOARD_SCHEDULE/) says the packet update deadline is Jan 6th. Which one should I go by? I ask because retaking my APFT on Dec 29th, or Jan 5th could have an impact on my score. My APFT was 230 my first time around, so I know it was a place I needed to improve on. I've been training hard and smart for my retake, but even 1 extra day of training gives me a chance to score 1 point higher in the categories. 

1 hour ago, LordByron423 said:

I'm going for my 2nd look on the Jan board. In the email I got saying I was FQ-NS from the Nov board, it said that any updates to my packet needed to be submitted "no later than 15 days prior to the selection board." The board meets on Jan 13th. However the website (https://recruiting.army.mil/ISO/AWOR/BOARD_SCHEDULE/) says the packet update deadline is Jan 6th. Which one should I go by? I ask because retaking my APFT on Dec 29th, or Jan 5th could have an impact on my score. My APFT was 230 my first time around, so I know it was a place I needed to improve on. I've been training hard and smart for my retake, but even 1 extra day of training gives me a chance to score 1 point higher in the categories. 

AD or Civ? packet deadline for civilian is December 16th and that's from my recruiter's email strait from Jacksonville Battalion, but it could differ based on your Battalion.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, eyrk said:

Sent some last minute updates in today. Headed to JRTC so hopefully good news this time around coming out of the box. 

so i had done some meps updates but battalion is closed since the deadline till tomorrow, is it still possible to get it updated tomorrow and make the board monday? not on my end but waiting on meps to send stuff over to battalion and never heard if it got updated or not and cant check if its board ready or not

16 minutes ago, Axesteel said:

so i had done some meps updates but battalion is closed since the deadline till tomorrow, is it still possible to get it updated tomorrow and make the board monday? not on my end but waiting on meps to send stuff over to battalion and never heard if it got updated or not and cant check if its board ready or not

Monday (6 Jan) is the last day to submit updates, so you should be good.

8 minutes ago, Axesteel said:

i was cc'ed an email from Jax Btln and was told on the email that was sent all over florida, corrections due by 27th but they where on break, and the board meets the 6th

You sure that wasn't an internal email to set a stacking suspense typical of the military, for Florida to turn their stuff earlier? (e.g. CG says PT starts at 0730, disseminated down to the E-4 as 0330, pre-game to the pre-game, etc.)

Board meets 13-17 Jan according to USAREC. If it changed, there would've been a MILPERs or even a Facebook post from USAREC, as they usually do. You should probably call them tomorrow, most recruiters are on block leave that should end around today.

20 minutes ago, parking said:

You sure that wasn't an internal email to set a stacking suspense typical of the military, for Florida to turn their stuff earlier? (e.g. CG says PT starts at 0730, disseminated down to the E-4 as 0330, pre-game to the pre-game, etc.)

Board meets 13-17 Jan according to USAREC. If it changed, there would've been a MILPERs or even a Facebook post from USAREC, as they usually do. You should probably call them tomorrow, most recruiters are on block leave that should end around today.

yeah im going to my recruiters tomorrow from what i saw on USAREC is they dont handle civ packets like mine, idk i need to get my mind off of this, if you want to find the definition of insanity, its waiting for this.

26 minutes ago, Axesteel said:

yeah im going to my recruiters tomorrow from what i saw on USAREC is they dont handle civ packets like mine, idk i need to get my mind off of this, if you want to find the definition of insanity, its waiting for this.

True that the USAREC site info, as far as submissions and requirements, are tailored to in-service applicants. However, the board dates are the same across including the civilian packets. The only difference is the in-service folks have specific milestones dates to turn it certain items, where civilian packets can be turned in or updated, from my experience, up the day noted for last updates. Both in-service and civilian get boarded within that same week, with results usually showing up earlier for the civilians.

All you can do is control what you can. Good luck!

11 hours ago, parking said:

True that the USAREC site info, as far as submissions and requirements, are tailored to in-service applicants. However, the board dates are the same across including the civilian packets. The only difference is the in-service folks have specific milestones dates to turn it certain items, where civilian packets can be turned in or updated, from my experience, up the day noted for last updates. Both in-service and civilian get boarded within that same week, with results usually showing up earlier for the civilians.

All you can do is control what you can. Good luck!

THANKYOU ALOT! just talked to my recruiter and we both agreed basically that jax batt is early on the dates

23 hours ago, aricamp said:

Do you guys know where AD members can check if their packet is “board ready”?? The recruiter I am in contact with says I am good to go but I would like to get my eyes on it myself if possible. 

Recruiter is your only source. All the board status stuff is internal. For the civilians, the recruiter gives us a "goarmy" link for the admin paperwork status we can check on, but anything for the WOFT board we must contact them directly.

Reading through some of these FQ-NS's definitely has me nervous for the January board lol.

TIS: 7 years 4 months
MOS: 15N Avionics Mechanic
SIFT: 43
GT: 118 (improved from a 91)
ASVAB: 73
Education: High School
LOR: Company Co, BN Co, CW4 I crewed with, CW5 Senior Aviation Advisor
Physical: Stamped w/ approved waiver for my eyes.
APFT: 273

Good luck to everyone on this January board! These days can not go by any slower.