January Board

I want to submit my packet today, but I have to find a recruiter willing to administer an APFT for me during or after lunch hours while also being conveniently available.

If I was forced to do a short physical due to some "batallion policy" saying something along the lines of "physical at time of submission must be no older than 6 months", do I have to find or obtain that short physical from the flight medical staff and put it in my packet next to my current 18 month (on month 13) 1W stamped physical, or leave it out?

3 hours ago, actuallyalex said:

I want to submit my packet today, but I have to find a recruiter willing to administer an APFT for me during or after lunch hours while also being conveniently available.

If I was forced to do a short physical due to some "batallion policy" saying something along the lines of "physical at time of submission must be no older than 6 months", do I have to find or obtain that short physical from the flight medical staff and put it in my packet next to my current 18 month (on month 13) 1W stamped physical, or leave it out?

today is last day to turn in packets.

3 hours ago, Axesteel said:

today is last day to turn in packets.

Yes. My local recruiter is only allowing me to have an APFT administered on this Friday. Either it's a whole part of the process, or the bureaucracy of my local recruiters just wants me to get tired of trying and leave them alone to their devices. It gets pretty warm with all this wool over my eyes. 🤯😲

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, actuallyalex said:

Yes. My local recruiter is only allowing me to have an APFT administered on this Friday. Either it's a whole part of the process, or the bureaucracy of my local recruiters just wants me to get tired of trying and leave them alone to their devices. It gets pretty warm with all this wool over my eyes. 🤯😲

sorry, go for march board tho!

1 hour ago, actuallyalex said:

Or....they have a job that doesn’t just cater to you, their schedule was already filled up and Fridays are their day to administer APFTs to all the potential recruits that need one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Was notified of my selection on Wednesday. Couldn’t be more excited! Stats are posted earlier in this thread for those looking for a little hope. Spent just over a year on my application which appears to be the norm. 

Anyway, instead of creating another thread, maybe one of you here can brief me on what to expect on my upcoming swearing next week. What will my contract look like? Anything to help me feel more prepared.

Thank you and good luck to anyone waiting! 
M. Trexler

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MTrexler90 said:

Was notified of my selection on Wednesday. Couldn’t be more excited! Stats are posted earlier in this thread for those looking for a little hope. Spent just over a year on my application which appears to be the norm. 

Anyway, instead of creating another thread, maybe one of you here can brief me on what to expect on my upcoming swearing next week. What will my contract look like? Anything to help me feel more prepared.

Thank you and good luck to anyone waiting! 
M. Trexler

Was selected on the November board, I went to MEPS the Monday after I was notified, they'll do a quick physical just to make sure nothing has changed, I would expect a June ship date, my ship date is March but I heard people on the November board started getting June ship dates. If your contract is like mine you should be signing up for the 09W MOS which is Warrant Officer Candidate and your contract should say option 12 which is flight training (I don't claim to be an expert so if I'm wrong someone correct me). The staff at MEPS should be really helpful though they'll explain it all to you and make sure you understand everything! Congratulations on getting accepted! 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, benji_the_miller said:

Was selected on the November board, I went to MEPS the Monday after I was notified, they'll do a quick physical just to make sure nothing has changed, I would expect a June ship date, my ship date is March but I heard people on the November board started getting June ship dates. If your contract is like mine you should be signing up for the 09W MOS which is Warrant Officer Candidate and your contract should say option 12 which is flight training (I don't claim to be an expert so if I'm wrong someone correct me). The staff at MEPS should be really helpful though they'll explain it all to you and make sure you understand everything! Congratulations on getting accepted! 

Wonderful! Thank you. And congratulations to you!

28 minutes ago, Textbook_bull said:

Anyone hear anything about this boards selections?

I emailed my recruiter yesterday and she said they’ll be posted NLT Friday. I suggest following and enabling notifications for the HRC Facebook page. They usually post a status once the MILPER message is out. 

Well, it looks like I either didn't get boarded (again) or I was a non-select.  How long afterward did anyone get their email letting them know that they were a non-select?

SSG

127 GT

61 SIFT

284 APFT

LORS: MAJ, MAJ (AV), LTC, CW4

TIS Waiver

1 hour ago, cmill said:

Well, it looks like I either didn't get boarded (again) or I was a non-select.  How long afterward did anyone get their email letting them know that they were a non-select?

SSG

127 GT

61 SIFT

284 APFT

LORS: MAJ, MAJ (AV), LTC, CW4

TIS Waiver

I never received an email from the first board. I believe they stop doing that. You’ll have to contact your recruiter and see what it says on your account.

Your stats look better than most. What I did and it was highly recommended was to update the stuff now while you can and within the resume/essay you need to sell yourself. Let them know that your contribution will make a big impact as a warrant/pilot. 
Have faith. Best of luck to you! 

• Thanks 1