How Long is a Flight Physical Valid For?

I went in for my flight physical in February 2019. Due to medical stuff, it was submitted to Ft. Rucker around Juneish. I was ready to go for the upcoming Nov. board. My packet was submitted for QC. I just got a call today from my recruiter saying that I have to restart the flight physical because it has been so long. I was under the impression that flight physicals were good for 1 year. 
Will I have to also start the waiver process over for my shoulder in the flight physical portion?

It is 18 months from the date it was initiated. Not 18 months from the date it was stamped. I called AEROMED down at Rucker to confirm this. Your flight physical must be valid through the time period that you’re projected to graduate WOCS. Right now, WOCS is fairly backed up. I had to re-do my flight physical because of this. 

On 11/3/2019 at 3:16 AM, z0na said:

It is 18 months from the date it was initiated. Not 18 months from the date it was stamped. I called AEROMED down at Rucker to confirm this. Your flight physical must be valid through the time period that you’re projected to graduate WOCS. Right now, WOCS is fairly backed up. I had to re-do my flight physical because of this. 

So will the board accept if your medical is valid through the board dates + 2 months, but certainly not through WOCs?

• 2 months later...

I just had this problem as well. Your flight physical is good for 18 months. Unfortunetly recruiting batallion only accepts it within 12 months. I missed 12 months by 2 weeks back in August and I just finished my second physical today and submitted a packet for the march board. The DA pam not the AR covers recruiting batallion accepting the physical. I was in contact with multiple recruiters up to the head civillian at recruiting when I had my issue in order to get aviation medical to give me another initial physical. Your best bet is to get the physical started as soon as possible to resubmit.

15 hours ago, joshc2387 said:

I just had this problem as well. Your flight physical is good for 18 months. Unfortunetly recruiting batallion only accepts it within 12 months. I missed 12 months by 2 weeks back in August and I just finished my second physical today and submitted a packet for the march board. The DA pam not the AR covers recruiting batallion accepting the physical. I was in contact with multiple recruiters up to the head civillian at recruiting when I had my issue in order to get aviation medical to give me another initial physical. Your best bet is to get the physical started as soon as possible to resubmit.

I ended up getting everything squared away. The flight doc just gave  me another look over and said I was good to go and since there were no changes from my earlier physical, it was re-certified.