Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Figured I’d start the March 2020 stat board. It’ll creep up fast enough after the holidays.

AGE: 32

ASVAB GT: 112

SIFT: 46

APFT: 296

ACFT: 565

EDUCATION: 49 Credits AA, Exercise Science, Private Pilots license (no live flight yet)

FLIGHT: None, currently enrolled in local flight program will have flight hours to drop for last minute additions deadline

LORS: O-3, 0-5 x 3, CW5 (154FF)

OTHER INFO: Active Duty, E-7 (2 years TIG), 11B, 13 years TIS, 42 mos Iraq and Afghanistan

PHYSICAL: At Rucker, no waivers

WAIVERS: Age, AFS, Moral

Interested in seeing if there are any older (military old) applicants who have made it recently or who are planning on applying.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on the feedback from the boards of the previous year or so having 13 years TIS will mostly likely be a major handicap. The trend has been for selecting candidates with only a few years so the Army feels like they can get their money’s worth out of them. You’ll be at 20 years before you initial flight school ADSO is even up. Hopefully they balance your experience as worth the lesser time you’ll serve as an aviator. Good luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am aware of this factor. In my current MOS I’ll most definitely serve 20 years. If they allow me to serve as an Aviator I’ll do 30 if they let me. It isn’t about money to me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, m4k4tt4ck said:

Figured I’d start the March 2020 stat board. It’ll creep up fast enough after the holidays.

AGE: 32

ASVAB GT: 112

SIFT: 46

APFT: 296

ACFT: 565

EDUCATION: 49 Credits AA, Exercise Science, Private Pilots license (no live flight yet)

FLIGHT: None, currently enrolled in local flight program will have flight hours to drop for last minute additions deadline

LORS: O-3, 0-5 x 3, CW5 (154FF)

OTHER INFO: Active Duty, E-7 (2 years TIG), 11B, 13 years TIS, 42 mos Iraq and Afghanistan

PHYSICAL: At Rucker, no waivers

WAIVERS: Age, AFS, Moral

Interested in seeing if there are any older (military old) applicants who have made it recently or who are planning on applying.

 

 

I was selected on the July board. My stats were very similar to yours. I’m 35 with a little over 12 years ‘tis. The trick is selling yourself to the board in your writing. Your resume summary, ERB and photo need to be on point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, m4k4tt4ck said:

Figured I’d start the March 2020 stat board. It’ll creep up fast enough after the holidays.

AGE: 32

ASVAB GT: 112

SIFT: 46

APFT: 296

ACFT: 565

EDUCATION: 49 Credits AA, Exercise Science, Private Pilots license (no live flight yet)

FLIGHT: None, currently enrolled in local flight program will have flight hours to drop for last minute additions deadline

LORS: O-3, 0-5 x 3, CW5 (154FF)

OTHER INFO: Active Duty, E-7 (2 years TIG), 11B, 13 years TIS, 42 mos Iraq and Afghanistan

PHYSICAL: At Rucker, no waivers

WAIVERS: Age, AFS, Moral

Interested in seeing if there are any older (military old) applicants who have made it recently or who are planning on applying.

 

 

If you want to email me your stuff to look Over, I can tell you what you should fix.  I’ll also send you my packet so you can see what a selected packet looks like

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

I was selected on the July board. My stats were very similar to yours. I’m 35 with a little over 12 years ‘tis. The trick is selling yourself to the board in your writing. Your resume summary, ERB and photo need to be on point.

That makes me feel a lot better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ragnar said:

If you want to email me your stuff to look Over, I can tell you what you should fix.  I’ll also send you my packet so you can see what a selected packet looks like

Yes I would like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 1:34 PM, m4k4tt4ck said:

Figured I’d start the March 2020 stat board. It’ll creep up fast enough after the holidays.

AGE: 32

ASVAB GT: 112

SIFT: 46

APFT: 296

ACFT: 565

EDUCATION: 49 Credits AA, Exercise Science, Private Pilots license (no live flight yet)

FLIGHT: None, currently enrolled in local flight program will have flight hours to drop for last minute additions deadline

LORS: O-3, 0-5 x 3, CW5 (154FF)

OTHER INFO: Active Duty, E-7 (2 years TIG), 11B, 13 years TIS, 42 mos Iraq and Afghanistan

PHYSICAL: At Rucker, no waivers

WAIVERS: Age, AFS, Moral

Interested in seeing if there are any older (military old) applicants who have made it recently or who are planning on applying.

 

 

I'm 30, SSG(P), 12 TIS, with an eye waiver that got picked up in the Sept board.  You have some solid stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rob.pet21 said:

I'm 30, SSG(P), 12 TIS, with an eye waiver that got picked up in the Sept board.  You have some solid stats.

Thanks man. Make me feel hopeful. If only I could get my flight surgeon to actually submit my physical. I thought it was already at Rucker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:45 AM, Ragnar said:

If you want to email me your stuff to look Over, I can tell you what you should fix.  I’ll also send you my packet so you can see what a selected packet looks like

I have similar stats and just submitted in November for the January board. I still have time to submit updates and would find it very helpful to get some eyes on a selected packet as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to make this board so I'll put myself out there

AGE: 28

ASVAB GT: 116

SIFT: 54

APFT: 282

EDUCATION: 18 credits towards Aeronautics degree. Had 44 in JST towards Business, but lost a lot when I transferred schools. A little concerned about this. Any input is welcome. 

FLIGHT: None

LORS: O-3, O-4, 0-5

OTHER INFO: Active Duty, E-6 (P), 13B, 10 years TIS, Afghanistan x 1, Kuwait x 1, Honor grad at ALC, SLC complete, currently on recruiting.

PHYSICAL: Stamped

WAIVERS: Moral (speeding) & AFS

*Feel free to PM me if you need REDD reports or have recruiting related questions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping to make this board as well

AGE: 26

ASVAB: 140

SIFT: 61

APFT: Around 250

EDUCATION: 55 credits towards a business degree

FLIGHT: None

LORS: 0-3, CW-3, E-8 (Former JROTC instructor)

PHYSICAL: Stamped

WAIVERS: None

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m submitting my packet this week. I’m another 11B like you, not as much tis though.

age: 23
E5

tis: 5 years

PT:292

gt: 113

SIFT: 50

LOR: company CO, BN CO, CW4, CW5

college: 16 credits towards an associates 

no waivers and physical is stamped.

1 deployment to Afghanistan 
 

If anyone else has had similar stats and has any info it’d be appreciated! Seems like the competition is getting harder and harder every board.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just submitted tonight

AGE: 32

ASVAB GT: 133

SIFT: 58

APFT: 279

EDUCATION: Bachelors degree. Military education through ALC

FLIGHT: None

LORS: O-3, 0-5 and CW5. Strong letters from my CO and SCO

OTHER INFO: Active Duty, E-6 chosen to serve in PSG slot. 19D, 9 years TIS. Deployment and strong Army schools on record

PHYSICAL: ACompleted qualified

WAIVERSAFS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what I have so far on my essay. Am I off to a good start? I've been reading through the suggestions on previous post made by the user stearmann4.
 

The Warrant Officer Flight Training program presents the opportunity to serve my country while pursuing my passion for aviation. I have prior flight experience, I am able to multitask and function in high stress situations, and I have strong leadership traits. The characteristics I possess will make me an effective aviator and strong leader in the Army.

I would be an excellent WOFT candidate because I have prior experience in the cockpit of a helicopter. In November I began taking helicopter flight lessons. So far I have accumulated 13 hours towards earning my Private Pilot’s License (PPL) in a Robinson 22 helicopter. I am able to hover and with 2 more hours of flying I will begin doing solo flights. Taking lessons for my PPL has given me firsthand knowledge and skills which will be invaluable as an Army Aviator. I’ve learned the aerodynamics and controls of helicopter flight. I also perform the pre-flight check and inspection for the helicopter before each flight. Taking helicopter flight lessons now has made me better prepared and ready to excel in Initial Entry Rotary Wing Training.

Army Warrant Officer Aviators must be effective soldiers and multitaskers in high stress situations. I am a member of a motorcycle track day club. When new members join the club I take them out on the race course and lead them through their first session on the course. At times I will be leading and managing 4 or more riders. I have to make sure they are riding safely and are also setup correctly for entering the turns at high speed. All of this is done while other experienced members of the club are on the course at the same time passing by the new members. The multitasking of riding my own motorcycle while also giving hand signal instructions to new inexperienced riders has made me great at high level functioning under stress.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kamalade said:

This is what I have so far on my essay. Am I off to a good start? I've been reading through the suggestions on previous post made by the user stearmann4.
 

 

The Warrant Officer Flight Training program presents the opportunity to serve my country while pursuing my passion for aviation. I have prior flight experience, I am able to multitask and function in high stress situations, and I have strong leadership traits. The characteristics I possess will make me an effective aviator and strong leader in the Army.

I would be an excellent WOFT candidate because I have prior experience in the cockpit of a helicopter. In November I began taking helicopter flight lessons. So far I have accumulated 13 hours towards earning my Private Pilot’s License (PPL) in a Robinson 22 helicopter. I am able to hover and with 2 more hours of flying I will begin doing solo flights. Taking lessons for my PPL has given me firsthand knowledge and skills which will be invaluable as an Army Aviator. I’ve learned the aerodynamics and controls of helicopter flight. I also perform the pre-flight check and inspection for the helicopter before each flight. Taking helicopter flight lessons now has made me better prepared and ready to excel in Initial Entry Rotary Wing Training.

Army Warrant Officer Aviators must be effective soldiers and multitaskers in high stress situations. I am a member of a motorcycle track day club. When new members join the club I take them out on the race course and lead them through their first session on the course. At times I will be leading and managing 4 or more riders. I have to make sure they are riding safely and are also setup correctly for entering the turns at high speed. All of this is done while other experienced members of the club are on the course at the same time passing by the new members. The multitasking of riding my own motorcycle while also giving hand signal instructions to new inexperienced riders has made me great at high level functioning under stress.

 

Im just another guy in the odds to so take it with a grain of salt, but some advice i also got from other people is that they honestly dont care that much that you know how to fly. i would drop a majority of it and just sum it up. Also i would rewrite from strong leadership traits to trait*, meaning you need to put more about yourself and really drive your leadership experience home, also show why you would be better than the hundreds apps they get a year. Honestly first paragraph i would rewrite, the board members are WO too and you dont need to rewrite the basics of what a WO is. With that being said barely any aviators ever judge on the board so i would want to rewrite the who pilot portion down to 2-3 sentences.

 Also you can have the best essay in the world and if you misspell something it will hurt you, since WO pride in doing things right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kamalade said:

This is what I have so far on my essay. Am I off to a good start? I've been reading through the suggestions on previous post made by the user stearmann4.
 

 

The Warrant Officer Flight Training program presents the opportunity to serve my country while pursuing my passion for aviation. I have prior flight experience, I am able to multitask and function in high stress situations, and I have strong leadership traits. The characteristics I possess will make me an effective aviator and strong leader in the Army.

I would be an excellent WOFT candidate because I have prior experience in the cockpit of a helicopter. In November I began taking helicopter flight lessons. So far I have accumulated 13 hours towards earning my Private Pilot’s License (PPL) in a Robinson 22 helicopter. I am able to hover and with 2 more hours of flying I will begin doing solo flights. Taking lessons for my PPL has given me firsthand knowledge and skills which will be invaluable as an Army Aviator. I’ve learned the aerodynamics and controls of helicopter flight. I also perform the pre-flight check and inspection for the helicopter before each flight. Taking helicopter flight lessons now has made me better prepared and ready to excel in Initial Entry Rotary Wing Training.

Army Warrant Officer Aviators must be effective soldiers and multitaskers in high stress situations. I am a member of a motorcycle track day club. When new members join the club I take them out on the race course and lead them through their first session on the course. At times I will be leading and managing 4 or more riders. I have to make sure they are riding safely and are also setup correctly for entering the turns at high speed. All of this is done while other experienced members of the club are on the course at the same time passing by the new members. The multitasking of riding my own motorcycle while also giving hand signal instructions to new inexperienced riders has made me great at high level functioning under stress.

 

also post about your packet tells us about you

I.E.

Sift score, APFT, Asvab and such and such

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AGE: 27

ASVAB GT: 113

SIFT: 46

APFT: 300

EDUCATION: 49 Credits AA

FLIGHT: None

LORS: O-3, 0-5, CW5 (USAREC), CG (USAREC) O-8

OTHER INFO: Active Duty, E-6 P, 22 months deployment time Afghanistan

PHYSICAL: Complete with stamp

WAIVERS: AFS

 

First time submitting a packet. Nervous about it all, but excited to see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AGE: 28 

ASVAB GT: 121

SIFT: 46

APFT: 273

EDUCATION: 37 SH towards BA in Criminal Justice 2.8 GPA. Military Ed: ALC, Advisor Course, SHARP, UPL, HAZMAT, Airborne.

FLIGHT: None

LORS: O-3, 0-5 and CW4

OTHER INFO: Active Duty, E-6(P) 8 years TIS. Currently on third Deployment, all top 20% NCOERs and currently serving in SFAB.

PHYSICAL: Completed: qualified

WAIVERSAFS, Moral (approved)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Missed the past 3 boards. Oh well. Maybe March will be the month.

Anyways. Stats are:

Age: 28

Sift: 61

APFT: 300

Education: B.S. degree, one semester of M.A

Flight time: 13.5 hours. Some aerobatic flight.

Prior Service: Army SGT, Navy O-2

Flight phys: approved

LOR: O-5, E-9, CW-5

No waivers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping to make this board as a civilian.

AGE: 31

ASVAB GT: 123

SIFT: 70

APFT: 300

EDUCATION: B.S. Aerospace Engineering 3.58 GPA, 6 credits towards M.S. Interdisciplinary Engineering 3.70 GPA

FLIGHT: 6 hours rotary, 2 hours fixed wing

LORS: O-5, O-3, Boss, College Professor

OTHER INFO: Prior Service Navy

PHYSICAL: Stamped

WAIVERS: None

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, FreeFall30 said:

Hoping to make this board as a civilian.

AGE: 31

ASVAB GT: 123

SIFT: 70

APFT: 300

EDUCATION: B.S. Aerospace Engineering 3.58 GPA, 6 credits towards M.S. Interdicipliany Engineering 3.70 GPA

FLIGHT: 6 hours rotary, 2 hours fixed wing

LORS: O-5, O-3, Boss, College Professor

OTHER INFO: Prior Service Navy

PHYSICAL: Stamped

WAIVERS: None

I’m sure you have it in the bag. Lmao. Stacked stats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it looks like I either didn't get boarded (again) or I was a non-select.  How long afterward did anyone get their email letting them know that they were a non-select?

 

So, Either way, I'll have to be waiting until March, a full year since I began this wonderful journey.

 

SSG (10y TIS)

127 GT

61 SIFT

284 APFT

LORS: MAJ, MAJ (AV), LTC, CW4

TIS Waiver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cmill said:

Well, it looks like I either didn't get boarded (again) or I was a non-select.  How long afterward did anyone get their email letting them know that they were a non-select?

 

So, Either way, I'll have to be waiting until March, a full year since I began this wonderful journey.

 

SSG (10y TIS)

127 GT

61 SIFT

284 APFT

LORS: MAJ, MAJ (AV), LTC, CW4

TIS Waiver

Did you get an email saying your packet was board ready? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...