I was able to be board ready for this month, nervous as hell, but I’m hoping for the best. 

Age 24

Sift 40

GT 111

Pft 270

letter of rec. from Congress Rep, W4 Pilot, 2 navy pilots.

moral waiver and haD PRK done to put my application in.

Made a mistake when I was younger and hoping they won’t hold it against me, I rode on the back of a bus drunk and the court threw out the case. I just finished up getting my bachelors with a strong background in sciences,  Never did well on standardized tests but was deans list while in school. Played D1 rugby and was a captain. My coach was the W4 pilot and advised I go for this slot, wouldn’t have tried if he didn’t bless me for it as this position is one that affects more than just myself.

Good luck everyone and I hope to hear the news soon from my recruiter.

• Like 1

ASVAB GT: 127

SIFT: 61

APFT: 278

EDUCATION: A.S. Information Technology 3.98 GPA, 12 additional credits towards B.S. so far

FLIGHT: None

LORS: CW4, O-5, O-4

OTHER INFO: Civilian boarding with the CA Army National Guard

PHYSICAL: Stamped

WAIVERS: Moral

I’ve been building my packet for a year and 4 months, finally time to get it in. Boarding on the 24th. Good luck gents! 

• Like 1

I got all of y updates in and applied to my packet. Here's to hoping.

I got my latest NCOER, a new DA Photo, and updated resume.

Does anyone know if the board members see the changes between the original submission and the updates?

On 3/10/2020 at 11:26 PM, parking said:

Question for civilian board folks: Did they bring back recruiting battalion interviews and handwritten essays?

There is no interview process, this would have been helpful in my case. The handwritten essays are still a thing. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, DubbG29 said:

Can anyone with any inside knowledge speculate on how this might affect selection rates? I was on the civilian side of this board.

I am wondering this too.

Let's say the next board does in fact meet the week of May 11th: would they pile all of the March and May board applicants together, or would they have two "separate" boards for the people that applied in March and then for the people that applied in May?

2 hours ago, Sgetti5 said:

My recruiter said that this does not apply to civilian boards. Somehow I think he’s wrong 

FYI, the civilian board convenes at the same time as the active board with the same board members. I highly doubt that the civilian board process is excluded from the delay. 

• Like 1

I know that curiosity kills, but don't spend too much time worrying about something you can't change. Its not your fault, its not their fault, everyone is being set back in one way or another. Just have to ride it out..... Also, welcome to the military, where things can go from good to bad in a second. Get use to it son....But again, there's literally nothing you can do but wait.

• Like 1

I am aN active duty Army recruiter. I called the Warrant Officer Recruiting CW4 and she confirmed the board has been postponed until further notice. The official Milper message was in process when I called her at 11 am this morning. It doesn’t get more inside than that. My file is in this board as well so I understand your frustration but remain patient and hopeful that the issue will be fixed soon and things back to normal. As of now all DoD travel has halted, including PCS and TDY, however we still shipped someone out to Basic yesterday. And we are processing people at the MEPS. IDK how long this will last or how much further the restrictions will go but I’m sure it is for the best. 

P.S. idk why it can’t be convened from a distance, it’s literally an online pocket and it’s literally 2020... but that’s just my personal view. 

• Like 1