JAN BOARD RES

6 hours ago, Axesteel said:

Yes i know it just came off a bit rude to me.

You'll learn over the course of your career to respect someone who's a straight shooter. Some people sugar coat things (does you no good), some people are assholes just to be assholes (again, does you no good- they're probably wrong anyway), and some people are straight shooters. Analyze their experience, take it into consideration, practice self-reflection, and do what you can do improve. You'll appreciate the criticism because you'll ultimately be better for it. I haven't read your post history and I don't know you, so I can't tell you whether it's warranted. 

My advice? Relax and improve. Do what you can to just chill and realize this is a marathon, not a sprint. Consider obtaining a degree (associate's, bachelor's, master's, trade school, whatever), enlisting, joining the reserves/NG, or a combination of any. You'll gain a significant amount of insight and experience.

Do you feel ready to be in control of a multi-million dollar machine, responsible for the lives of everyone inside? I know that the (soon to be 30 year old) flight school version of me, sure as hell wouldn't want to fly with the 18-20 year old version of myself. Good luck to you, an exciting journey awaits.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Seaturtle said:

You'll learn over the course of your career to respect someone who's a straight shooter. Some people sugar coat things (does you no good), some people are assholes just to be assholes (again, does you no good- they're probably wrong anyway), and some people are straight shooters. Analyze their experience, take it into consideration, practice self-reflection, and do what you can do improve. You'll appreciate the criticism because you'll ultimately be better for it. I haven't read your post history and I don't know you, so I can't tell you whether it's warranted. 

My advice? Relax and improve. Do what you can to just chill and realize this is a marathon, not a sprint. Consider obtaining a degree (associate's, bachelor's, master's, trade school, whatever), enlisting, joining the reserves/NG, or a combination of any. You'll gain a significant amount of insight and experience.

Do you feel ready to be in control of a multi-million dollar machine, responsible for the lives of everyone inside? I know that the (soon to be 30 year old) flight school version of me, sure as hell wouldn't want to fly with the 18-20 year old version of myself. Good luck to you, an exciting journey awaits.

Im not sure just yet, but meeting with the recruiters tomorrow to see if i want to improve my packet for next board or just enlist. Thank you for the advice! it is sincerely appreciated as a lot of thoughts have been going thru my head and im feeling mixed emotions on what to do, and even if i enlist what job i want to pursue as in 89D, 12B, or 15R.

2 minutes ago, Axesteel said:

Im not sure just yet, but meeting with the recruiters tomorrow to see if i want to improve my packet for next board or just enlist. Thank you for the advice! it is sincerely appreciated as a lot of thoughts have been going thru my head and im feeling mixed emotions on what to do, and even if i enlist what job i want to pursue as in 89D, 12B, or 15R.

Pick a job that you know you'll like, don't settle. I took a much different route than many, we all have our own chapters as we progress. I'm sure some of the prior Army on the board have better insight.

2 minutes ago, Seaturtle said:

Pick a job that you know you'll like, don't settle. I took a much different route than many, we all have our own chapters as we progress. I'm sure some of the prior Army on the board have better insight.

thats the problem lol, im a car guy and unfortunately i want to serve but i cant be both, i dont want to be a mechanic but im just torn between those jobs. Not really sure yet, but we will see for sure tomorrow!

17 minutes ago, Ampdddd said:

If you believe he was being rude instead of providing constructive criticism, then you’re in for a rude awakening when you join. He also isn’t wrong. 

No, just was in a different mindset then, was extremely saddened with the results fresh in my mind. I took a breathe reread the whole conversation and thought to my self, whats better and how can i approach WOFT board differently either being enlisted for some time or going to change my application. Because sadly enough after reading thru other apps packet on this board High school to Flight school candidates are highly unlikely to be accepted around 3-7% as only 1-3  out of about 15-20 apps of no college history, per people get accepted per some boards now.

Have you guys received your email yet from USAREC saying if you were accepted or not? Or has everyone been finding out through their recruiter so far? On the Nov board I found out through my recruiter but I also got an email 3 days after the board met telling me I wasn't selected. Today is the 3rd day for the Jan board. The reason I ask is because I still haven't gotten an email and I don't have a recruiter currently, so I can't check the list. I applied as a civ.

For reason I don't have recruiter see:

12 minutes ago, LordByron423 said:

Have you guys received your email yet from USAREC saying if you were accepted or not? Or has everyone been finding out through their recruiter so far? On the Nov board I found out through my recruiter but I also got an email 3 days after the board met telling me I wasn't selected. Today is the 3rd day for the Jan board. The reason I ask is because I still haven't gotten an email and I don't have a recruiter currently, so I can't check the list. I applied as a civ.

Email from USERAC just came out

50 minutes ago, LordByron423 said:

I have the list. DM me if you haven't received the email. 

1 hour ago, LordByron423 said:

Thanks but probably 5 mins after I typed my post asking about the email I got the email. I was NC-NS. So now I have to think my next path forward.

honest question, not trying to single you out, we can even answer this over dms i want to help. but how did you get not qualified?

20 hours ago, Axesteel said:

No, just was in a different mindset then, was extremely saddened with the results fresh in my mind. I took a breathe reread the whole conversation and thought to my self, whats better and how can i approach WOFT board differently either being enlisted for some time or going to change my application. Because sadly enough after reading thru other apps packet on this board High school to Flight school candidates are highly unlikely to be accepted around 3-7% as only 1-3  out of about 15-20 apps of no college history, per people get accepted per some boards now.

Of course it’s unlikely you’ll be selected straight out of high school. It’s possible but generally the Army isn’t looking for an 18 year old kid and very few 18 year old kids possess the maturity, judgement and discipline to perform the duties required of a warrant officer. 

If you decide to enlist make sure you’re honest with yourself and the commitment you are making. At least a few of the enlisted jobs you said you’re interested in are a six year enlistment, plus time spent in basic training and AIT. Let’s just say you enlist as a 15T and start basic in June. You’ll get to your first unit around January 2021 and your active duty service will end around January 2027. You probably won’t be able to submit a packet on active duty until 2023, roughly the time it will take to gain the experience at your job and reputation as a good soldier for your command to be willing to recommend you. If you get selected on your first active duty look you won’t be an aviator at your first unit until 2025 and not be able to get out of the Army until 2031 (or 2033 if they raise the service obligation). 

8 minutes ago, Thedude said:

Of course it’s unlikely you’ll be selected straight out of high school. It’s possible but generally the Army isn’t looking for an 18 year old kid and very few 18 year old kids possess the maturity, judgement and discipline to perform the duties required of a warrant officer. 

If you decide to enlist make sure you’re honest with yourself and the commitment you are making. At least a few of the enlisted jobs you said you’re interested in are a six year enlistment, plus time spent in basic training and AIT. Let’s just say you enlist as a 15T and start basic in June. You’ll get to your first unit around January 2021 and your active duty service will end around January 2027. You probably won’t be able to submit a packet on active duty until 2023, roughly the time it will take to gain the experience at your job and reputation as a good soldier for your command to be willing to recommend you. If you get selected on your first active duty look you won’t be an aviator at your first unit until 2025 and not be able to get out of the Army until 2031 (or 2033 if they raise the service obligation). 

That's perfectly fine with me, so there's another memo was sent down upon from JAX batt, is there gonna raise sift score soon and there gonna turn down the faucet to increase quality of pilots now instead of shoving them in. But yes im going Wednesday to sign my 15R contract, its a 6 year contract and around year 3-4 im going to submit a woft packet

8 minutes ago, Thedude said:

Unless you’re hurting for a job I’d improve your packet and wait two months for the next board. Waiting two months could mean you’re a pilot four years earlier than enlisting now. 

Im going to submit my packet and also enlist, i was talking to first Sargent and he said if i where to be accepted i would be told at basic and re class to WO and go to rucker after.

I had a handful of 18-19 year olds in my wocs class last spring. I would say objectively they were "less mature" than those who had been around the block, but they were still mature for their age. I wouldn't say it's fruitless, but it's an uphill battle. I don't know how indicative of your attitude your demeanor on this board is -- afterall, it's just a message board -- but it doesn't appear you are showing a level of maturity consistent with the 18-19 year olds that get selected for WOFT right from high school. Even your current thinking and ignoring all advice here is indicative of that. I wonder if any of that came through in your application for WOFT. 

I'm not knocking you, 18 year old me probably should not have been selected either. I'd wait around until the next board, and if that fails, go to college, gain some enlisted experience, gain some guard experience, etc, and go from there. FWIW I would find a Guard unit in a state that has the guard subsidize college and do that. I work in R&R for my state and many if not most of our pilots came in as enlisted at 18, knocked out some college or progressed in their civilian career, and subsequently applied for our WO program and were selected.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mike0331 said:

I had a handful of 18-19 year olds in my wocs class last spring. I would say objectively they were "less mature" than those who had been around the block, but they were still mature for their age. I wouldn't say it's fruitless, but it's an uphill battle. I don't know how indicative of your attitude your demeanor on this board is -- afterall, it's just a message board -- but it doesn't appear you are showing a level of maturity consistent with the 18-19 year olds that get selected for WOFT right from high school. Even your current thinking and ignoring all advice here is indicative of that. I wonder if any of that came through in your application for WOFT. 

I'm not knocking you, 18 year old me probably should not have been selected either. I'd wait around until the next board, and if that fails, go to college, gain some enlisted experience, gain some guard experience, etc, and go from there. FWIW I would find a Guard unit in a state that has the guard subsidize college and do that. I work in R&R for my state and many if not most of our pilots came in as enlisted at 18, knocked out some college or progressed in their civilian career, and subsequently applied for our WO program and were selected.

Im trying to go a similar route now, going to go in as a 15R get some college and work my way up then try woft again

55 minutes ago, Axesteel said:

That's perfectly fine with me, so there's another memo was sent down upon from JAX batt, is there gonna raise sift score soon and there gonna turn down the faucet to increase quality of pilots now instead of shoving them in. But yes im going Wednesday to sign my 15R contract, its a 6 year contract and around year 3-4 im going to submit a woft packet

If you're going to enlist then fly, why not go for a flying MOS?

A job like 15T will allow you to be an aircrew member. Again man -- why wouldn't you listen to everyone here and wait at least until the next board? If selected while in basic you might be able to divert into the WOFT program, or you might not. 

• Like 2