Nelson15R

MAY 2020 BOARD (MARCH 2020 PACKET DEADLINE)

On 5/14/2020 at 9:23 PM, nil5038 said:

So my packet is boarded for this month. From what I hear...this board has seven hundred packets....

My stats:

GT: 127

SIFT: 62

APFT: 300

Education: Bachelors Degree, 1 semester of graduate work

Flight time: 13 hours

Service: 4 years enlisted, 3 years as a Naval Officer

LORs: Navy fighter pilot O-5, cw5 chinook driver, E-9 I worked for in my division

Where did you hear this? Also is that just 153A packets or is that all MOS's?

Do to the stoppage of processing flight physicals for roughly 2 months, I highly doubt there are 700ish 153A packets.  That number would more than likely be total packets for all MOSs being boarded for March and May boards, combined.  Coupled with the extremely low traffic on these forums for the March and May boards, the turnout seems to be significantly less than past boards.  This is just my thoughts.

• Like 1

I'm pretty new to the process. I went through 9 weeks of USMC OCS before I was sent home for an injury. I've been reading the forums to try and gather as much information as possible. I have two questions that I can't seem to find on here. What are the board dates (I would like to be on a board as soon as August ends)? Also, my recruiter said there is a board every month but I can't find proof of that on the Army website. Any help is much appreciated!

3 hours ago, reedam2 said:

I'm pretty new to the process. I went through 9 weeks of USMC OCS before I was sent home for an injury. I've been reading the forums to try and gather as much information as possible. I have two questions that I can't seem to find on here. What are the board dates (I would like to be on a board as soon as August ends)? Also, my recruiter said there is a board every month but I can't find proof of that on the Army website. Any help is much appreciated!

https://recruiting.army.mil/ISO/AWOR/BOARD_SCHEDULE/

54 minutes ago, reedam2 said:

Awesome, thank you. Without seeing previous trends, are there normally boards every couple of months? 

The board schedule in kind of messed up right now due to COVID, but they are usually every other month. The March/May boards are being held right now and the next one will be in July.

17 hours ago, BR3Y3S said:

The board schedule in kind of messed up right now due to COVID, but they are usually every other month. The March/May boards are being held right now and the next one will be in July.

Okay, so he wasn't too far off. Thanks for the information.

After seeing this post I believe there may be a very large number of applicants for this board. 

Some questions I thought of were: 1) How many recruiting companies are there? If there is also an A, B, C, and D then we could be looking at 1000+ 2) Is this just for one board or for the year? 3) Is this a combination of street to seat and AD? I know the January board only had around 50 street to seat, but still. 

I was feeling confident, a little less so if there's a crazy number of applicants haha. I know for a fact they were submitting late packets. I turned mine in for the July board, a month or so after the deadline for the May board, and they were able to get me in for May.

Here are my stats. 

E-5, 5 years TIS

GT: 129

SIFT: 59

APFT: 274

Education: AS

Awards: EIB, Air Assault, Airborne, ARCOM, AAM x3

LOR: O3, O5, CW5 (153AH)

No waivers

Seemed on par with people I've seen being selected. Plus, my family all said I looked very handsome in my DA photo haha. 

Screenshot_20200513-183458_Facebook.jpg

3 hours ago, JMo4Sho11 said:

After seeing this post I believe there may be a very large number of applicants for this board. 

Honesty I think the best thing that we can do this point is to keep hitting the refresh button on HRC's website and freaking yourself out.

this board is nerve wrecking lol but good luck everyone! 

ASVAB GT: 126

SIFT: 47

APFT: 300

EDUCATION:  Military Ed: BLC (honor grad) ALC (Commandants) Ranger, Air Assault, Airborne, MRT, Master SUAS Trainer, Raven/Puma QC, Military Advisor Training Course, SFAFWC Foreign Language/Weapons, 

FLIGHT: None

LORS: O-4, 0-5 and CW5 (160th SOAR Senior WO) 

OTHER INFO: Active Duty, E-6 (7 years TIS). 19D. Prior Pre Ranger Instructor. 3 deployments, currently in SFAB 

Recruiting mission means fiscal year I believe.. highly doubtful that they’re referring to 450 packets for these two boards..

Either way, try not to over think it.. results will be out next week.. if you get it cool, if not cool.. just make improvements to your packet and resubmit.

2 hours ago, Wndrman said:

I made it!! Active duty. Called my Regional Recruiter and she informed me I was selected! All this waiting finally paid off!

I called and they said they don’t got it. Congratulations by the way.  What sfab you in?