SFC to CW2

Not sure about aviation, but on the Guard side SFCs with a certain amount of time in grade in a feeder MOS for a technical job will pin CW2 upon completion of WOBC. Captains in aviation with 2 years TIG can also pin direct to CW2 if converting. Never heard of this being the case for aviators. 

Remember that for aviation WOBC concludes with WOBC-B at the end of flight school, so you are pretty close to 2 years at that point anyway. I went to WOCS last April, so I'll hit 2 years before I graduate WOBC-B since I don't start IERW until later this month. Therefore my DOR will be effective my graduation from WOBC-B. 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 10:32 AM, mike0331 said:

Not sure about aviation, but on the Guard side SFCs with a certain amount of time in grade in a feeder MOS for a technical job will pin CW2 upon completion of WOBC. Captains in aviation with 2 years TIG can also pin direct to CW2 if converting. Never heard of this being the case for aviators. 

Remember that for aviation WOBC concludes with WOBC-B at the end of flight school, so you are pretty close to 2 years at that point anyway. I went to WOCS last April, so I'll hit 2 years before I graduate WOBC-B since I don't start IERW until later this month. Therefore my DOR will be effective my graduation from WOBC-B. 

What has your timeline looked like?

On 3/5/2020 at 6:36 PM, Puddles said:

What has your timeline looked like?

Selected March 2018, WOCS April 2019, IERW March 2020. I had a September IERW date but took a later date since we had a baby this fall. 

This isn't a good metric to go off of, as each state, flight school allocations, selected applicants waiting for school, etc, will vary. I know guard guys who were in IERW within 6 months of selection. Again, varies wildly. 

• Like 1