Recruiter info

I'm just starting the woft process and my recruiter told me yesterday that the "next look" is in July and there wont be another "look" until December. Is there truth to this? Sounds wrong to me. My understanding is there is a board every other month. They want to rush to get my packet done by then which, even if they're right, doesnt sound like a great idea to me. At the moment I cant even take the SIFT or do any medical because of what's going on and no body knows for sure when that will change. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

9 hours ago, jkray said:

Here is the current board schedule from the warrant officer recruiting web page. Yes there are some deviations due to COVID-19 but those should be captured in the Miller message 20-082. 

AF0ECEA8-5410-4F02-AEA5-C2973E0BDF82.png

Thanks for your reply. I'll have to talk with my recruiter more. I'm not sure what he meant when he said my only chances to get looked at will be in July or December. 

I have not heard any truth to that, but a lot of things are changing. With that being said, just set your heart and mind on the December board. If you get things done early and can attend an earlier board, then so he it. It is not very possible to have your packet completed for the July board as I believe you need stuff submitted by May. Even if the deadline were to be the week before the board it would be a rush.  Take this time to study on the SIFT, and collect Letters of References from high ranking officials and people with great respect from the public. Also, begin your essay as to why you want to be a Warrant Officer Aviator. 

-your friendly neighborhood recruiter

On 4/19/2020 at 12:15 PM, Mrhoodhimself07 said:

I have not heard any truth to that, but a lot of things are changing. With that being said, just set your heart and mind on the December board. If you get things done early and can attend an earlier board, then so he it. It is not very possible to have your packet completed for the July board as I believe you need stuff submitted by May. Even if the deadline were to be the week before the board it would be a rush.  Take this time to study on the SIFT, and collect Letters of References from high ranking officials and people with great respect from the public. Also, begin your essay as to why you want to be a Warrant Officer Aviator. 

-your friendly neighborhood recruiter

Thank you. That's my plan.