SIFT : 55

APFT : 283

EDUCATION : 95 college credits 3.5GPA

FLIGHT : None

LOR : O-5, O-3, CW5, CW4 ret.

PHYSICAL : Stamped 

WAIVERS : AFS

difference between May board and this one: 

increased PT score by 13 Pts, updated college credits by 9**, added a LOR, revised and shortened my essay. Good luck gents I hope this helps!

** my original board was in March. I completed 3 college classes online since I turned in my packet in January. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, greyrider245 said:

Spoke to my recruiter this am. He said the board was not accepting age waivers this round (my application included), but will be in the 9/20 board hmmmm

I wonder if that means AFS waivers too.  If so, really sucks for me.  My 33rd birthday is literally the day before the next board starts.  33 on 13 September, board starts 14 September, rule states board must start before 33rd birthday...fml. Not that it matters that much, this was my second FQ-NS so stuck waiting a year anyways.

And just noticed another guy above got selected with an AFS waiver so guess not.

For what it's worth, I was twice non-selected and below are my stats.  Guess PT really matters...

GT : 138

SIFT : 69

APFT : 232

EDUCATION : A.S. Advanced Avionics, 53 credits towards B.S. Engineering 3.9 GPA

FLIGHT : None

LOR : O-5 Squadron Commander, O-6 Wing (Installation) Commander, CW5, O-5 USAF Helicopter Pilot

PHYSICAL : Stamped

WAIVERS: AFS, moral

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@USAF_EricIn the Army guard all you have to do is find an aviation unit with a slot & pass an interview from the Commander, than you'll get to go to flight school. After flight school you & an active duty recruiter can try to have your chain of command sign off on an DD-368 (releasing you from the guard to active duty). Or the other option would be to wait out the guard contract than try active duty.