Living accommodations by Rucker

I used healing hands in Ozark. They're not bad. They seem super friendly, but they also are quick to do a bunch of additional "routine" checks and medication to drop a big bill on you. I heard bad things about the other vets nearby before getting to rucker, but afterwards it seemed like the other places weren't actually that bad.

I used salon envy in enterprise. It's mostly chick hair business, but my wife got me in with someone there and they were awesome. Usually like 17-18$ for a male cut, compared to like 10-11$ for whatever you want to call the on post barber cuts.

For the vet I absolutely recommend Ozark Veterinary Clinic. They are unique where they don’t do appointments for routine care so you sometimes have to wait a little bit, but they are great and not too expensive either.  

On 6/7/2020 at 11:20 PM, Steelersfan_123 said:

How is it living with a dog during flight school?

I’ve got several friends who have dogs here at flight school. They seem to make it work just fine. I suppose it would be dog dependent but it’s no big deal

We have two dogs, one of which has had quite a few issues since we've been here. She was a rescue who had heartworms and other complications. If you visit the on post vet, the CPT there took GREAT care of us but he also has to service other areas so is not always around. We also heard he may be leaving soon but they can provide you with a list of local vets, as well as which ones provide emergency visits and military discounts. We have gone to the daleville animal hospital and the older gentleman there has always been helpful. 

On post is cheaper for things like meds, shots and checkups but most procedures will be cheaper off post.

As for haircuts, I have paid for cuts at most of the places around Rucker. Have been very disappointed with most places. Only one guy I trust to cut my hair and thats Justin, now at talented touch right outside the Enterprise gate. Gotta book him ahead of time on the Booksy app. @Jus_bladez on Instagram. 

Otherwise only 2 places ive had luck with as far as walk ins, Annas Barber Shop on Rucker Blvd. and Southern Man Barber Shop in Dothan. Everywhere else has been hit or miss, like 20/80 split.

On 6/7/2020 at 11:20 PM, Steelersfan_123 said:

How is it living with a dog during flight school?

If you're single, the only problem I've heard is people having to leave their pets behind when going to Korea. That place has been snagging a lot of people. 

As far as haircuts are concerned I live in Dothan and have used both the Southern Man Barber Shop on Honeysuckle Road and Jesse’s Barber Shop on Westgate (Same road. The road just happens to change names at 84) Both take walk-ins and I’ve had some really good cuts from both of them. If you’re heading towards Ross Clark Circle make a right on Honeysuckle to go to Southern Man or a left to go to Jesse’s. Both are about equal distance after making the turn.