Readjustment of Date of Rank for WOFT Graduates

This has been in the works for sometime and may become policy in the very near future. Rumors have it starting as early as 1 Oct 20. For WOFT students, upon completion of flight school your new W1 date of rank will reflect the date of winging. That being the case, additional 1-1.5 years before pinning on CW2. This equates to a loss of approx $8K in income. No rumors for RLOs. It won't make a dent in recruiting. The Army is still paying you to fly, just less money.

To put the icing on the cake, as of 1 Oct 20, the commitment for IERW is 10 years UPON completion of flight training, previously 6 years.  Approved by the Secretary of the Army on 3 Jun 20.  Total commitment of approx 11.5 - 12 years. This may have an affect on non prior service civilian recruiting but the Army has their ace in the hole. There are more than enough CAREER Enlisted soldiers waiting in the wings, so to speak, willing to crossover in becoming an Officer, aviator and for the increase in salary for their family. Max of 8yr TIS without a waiver.

Hopefully this is a next fiscal year implement 😬 are they trying to scare everyone away? And why aren’t RLOs affected by this? Big Army you’re starting to screw yourself... 

On 6/8/2020 at 9:45 AM, zaurus said:

This has been in the works for sometime and may become policy in the very near future. Rumors have it starting as early as 1 Oct 20. For WOFT students, upon completion of flight school your new W1 date of rank will reflect the date of winging. That being the case, additional 1-1.5 years before pinning on CW2. This equates to a loss of approx $10K in income. No rumors for RLOs. It won't make a dent in recruiting. The Army is still paying you to fly, just less money.

To put the icing on the cake, as of 1 Oct 20, the commitment for IERW is 10 years UPON completion of flight training. Approved by the Secretary of the Army on 3 Jun 20.  Total commitment of approx 11.5 - 12 years. This may have an affect on non prior service civilian recruiting but the Army has their ace in the hole. There are more than enough CAREER Enlisted soldiers waiting in the wings, so to speak, willing to crossover in becoming an Officer, aviator and for the increase in salary for their family. Max of 8yr TIS without a waiver.

For lack of a better way to phrase it, I’m a little dumb. Ya lost me towards the end there.

The way I read your comment you’re saying this sucks for civilians coming in, but great for career soldiers looking for a guaranteed higher salary (pretty much any officer rank) and guaranteed way to 20. Did I read you right?

12 minutes ago, nil5038 said:

As in you yourself got that offer? If so that livens my spirits a bit

I have not gotten it myself but the two bonus windows are at 12-14 years TIS ($105k currently) and 19 years TIS ($55k), each for an additional three year ADSO. Basically you must be a tracked PC and not already be under an ADSO to qualify. Full details in ALARACT 093/2019. 

2 hours ago, nil5038 said:

Damn. A 6 year adso plus flight school Will put me exactly in that 12-14 year window. Thanks for the reference. Much appreciated

Unless you’re already in flight school or have graduated it’s a 10 year ADSO. 

Idk man I’m reading rumors of a lot of different sh*t coming from a lot of different sources. Based off these two pics, it sounds like if your contract says 72 months which mine does, you’re good. But other sources suggest if you’re not in ierw by October first, you’re getting ten year. 

I have a shot at that since I’m skipping WOCS...May get a bump up in my ship date and start ierw before that crucial date but we’ll see. I’m preparing for the worst, hoping for the best.

F88E2258-CFC1-4DA5-AEAB-468568BE20A7.png

A667C76D-493A-47C9-BB62-7CB05BDAF9A0.png