Hello all!

I am currently putting together a WOFT packet. I have a few letters of recommendation from people who know me, however I've heard to be competitive I should have a letter from an aviator preferably a CW4. I was wondering how accurate this is. I don't know any aviators but would be willing meet with one for a conversation/interview to see about getting a letter of recommendation. I live in GA, within easy driving distance to Ft Benning, Ft Rucker, Hunter Army Airfield etc. Is there anyone on this form that would be willing to meet with me at your convenience for a possible LOR? Thanks in advance for any advice or help! 

3 hours ago, Katherine said:

Hello all!

I am currently putting together a WOFT packet. I have a few letters of recommendation from people who know me, however I've heard to be competitive I should have a letter from an aviator preferably a CW4. I was wondering how accurate this is. I don't know any aviators but would be willing meet with one for a conversation/interview to see about getting a letter of recommendation. I live in GA, within easy driving distance to Ft Benning, Ft Rucker, Hunter Army Airfield etc. Is there anyone on this form that would be willing to meet with me at your convenience for a possible LOR? Thanks in advance for any advice or help! 

Everyone asks the same question you ask here, because its easier, and it rarely works. Your best bet is too google nearby aviation units, find contact numbers and start calling. Have to put in the work if you really want it! A lot of WOs will be wiling to help you if you show them you're making the effort. Goodluck!

• Like 1

I was selected this year with no military or aviator references. The advice I saw here and elsewhere was to only include 3 LORs because the board wouldn't bother reading more. I met several aviators throughout the process who indicated they'd be willing to write one for me, but since I felt I already had 3 solid ones I left it at that and got in.

• Like 1

If you are a civilian and never served, you aren't required in having a Warrant Officer LOR but it is an added plus. Being a female, you have a good shot in being selected once meeting  the requirements. I assume you know the commitment is between 11.5-12 years as of 1 Oct 20. That's a lot of deployments.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 12:54 PM, Rat_Taylor said:

Hi, are you applying for Active or Guard? And I’m assuming Street to Seat? I’m in the GA Guard and could give you some contacts. 

I am applying for Active duty, and yes I'm a civilian now. Thanks for reaching out to me! I'll shoot you a message

On 7/27/2020 at 3:21 PM, CrayonEater said:

I was selected this year with no military or aviator references. The advice I saw here and elsewhere was to only include 3 LORs because the board wouldn't bother reading more. I met several aviators throughout the process who indicated they'd be willing to write one for me, but since I felt I already had 3 solid ones I left it at that and got in.

Thank you for the feedback!

On 7/27/2020 at 3:32 PM, zaurus said:

If you are a civilian and never served, you aren't required in having a Warrant Officer LOR but it is an added plus. Being a female, you have a good shot in being selected once meeting  the requirements. I assume you know the commitment is between 11.5-12 years as of 1 Oct 20. That's a lot of deployments.

Yes I am aware, but thanks for the heads up! Its a big commitment