Age waiver question

Curious what the max age for waivers in a WOFT packet are? All I can find online is 33-34.. Edit: I just read in the other thread of an applicant that got selected at 35! Maybe there is a chance 

I haven’t spoken to a recruiter yet but, I’m prior service 15T and hold FAA Comm, Inst, CFII, CFII and 5,000 hours PIC time. Sounds crazy to even consider going back in but life is throwin curveballs at me and it sounds intriguing again.

So just curious if it’s even worth a call to the recruitment office. I’m 37... yikes. 

The highest ive seen was national guard at 41.  Id say maybe a slight chance AD but may have better luck in the guard.  What may not work in your favor is that even if you started today.  You’d be 38 or 39 when you finished, and THEN have the 10 year ADSO.  So you’d be 49ish by the time your commitment is up.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, twistedcyclic said:

Curious what the max age for waivers in a WOFT packet are? All I can find online is 33-34.. Edit: I just read in the other thread of an applicant that got selected at 35! Maybe there is a chance 

I haven’t spoken to a recruiter yet but, I’m prior service 15T and hold FAA Comm, Inst, CFII, CFII and 5,000 hours PIC time. Sounds crazy to even consider going back in but life is throwin curveballs at me and it sounds intriguing again.

So just curious if it’s even worth a call to the recruitment office. I’m 37... yikes. 

AD is hit or miss, in the guard definitely doable. Just gotta find the right state and unit. I’ll link the NGB accessions leads into so you can contact her and she can get you to the right person and states that have been accepting age waivers.

https://www.facebook.com/amanda.birch.10

• Like 2