Accession Help Needed!

Good afternoon future Army homies,

I'll cut to the point...I was originally slated to report to IERW this Oct. My State (I'm a Guard guy) is now pushing the date back to January 2021 because they believe it is unlikely my accession will get approved in time by Ft Shafter(I think). Does anyone know a point of contact at HQDA? Up until yesterday, I was told and under the impression that I would report in Oct. I have money set in savings to make it until January but it really puts a damper on things to go from 10 year Captain pay to zero income.

Now some background on my situation: I am coming over as a non-rated Captain from the Marine Corps, nine years TIS and would of been in zone for Major this Fall. My EAS is 1 Oct 2020. I was selected by my State earlier this year as well as having my age ETP approved and package approved by the Guard Bureau/Aviation Proponent. I will still be brought in as a Captain on 2 Oct 2020 to avoid a break in service and to comply with the interservice transfer I agreed to. The issue is that with the current climate, it could take up to three months to complete my accession from O-3 to CWO-2 with HQDA. I understand where my State is coming from as they don't want to potentially lose the class seat and want to keep their pilot pipeline flowing while waiting on my paper work to get squared away. 

Any advice, input and criticism will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Wu

Honestly just hit up your state and ask for some ADOS orders to cover you for the three months so it won’t put a damper on your savings. If they’re worth anything they will since they’re the ones pushing you back three months. Guard bum the sh*t out of it homie. Help the WOSM or OSM with accessions for the three months or be fridge bitch at your unit haha 

11 hours ago, Gun Chief Wu said:

I wish that I was an option, my state is on the opposite coast and my wife and two kids are in school. It got worked out, I’m just getting sent through as a CPT. 

I’m glad it all worked out for you! Being a CPT isn’t that bad 😂

1 minute ago, Gun Chief Wu said:

No, it’s not. Being a Captain has been awesome, much better than my time as snot nose Lt. I’m sure I’ll be sky-lined as a CPT going through initial pilot training. 

One of my good buddies is a CPT going through right now and he gets treated way different than the other guys haha so at least you have that to look forward to.